IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Hang on, has Derby County Football Club Ltd come out of administration?

Used to be called FLDCFC, then WRDCFC. 

Now, DCFCIA.

10 minutes ago, Midred said:

Wasn't this Birmingham's problem during the time of a previous manager or am I thinking about Wolves?

You may be thinking of Jorge Mendes at Wolves. Despite being an agent he is their de facto head of recruitment.

The FA decided that was fine, though he has been involved in cases of alleged tax evasion, third party ownership and others.

As Gareth Southgate said, love the game, hate the business.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I suppose I should ask- Stretford paying the wages as per the reports- any blame that can be attached to Derby or is it solely a agent/EFL/FA and maybe ex manager issue?

Secondly- still no sign of those accounts, either with the EFL let alone online- I assume that the indicative figures are accurate but why do they not release...if all submitted as part of the takeover fair enough, but six or seven years of the accounts compiled correctly seems a must- 6 years in the public domain, up to last season to the Football League. What are they trying to hide exactly- if indeed they are.

I wouldn't lift the Embargo until the full Group accounts in the correct format, are with the EFL at a minimum- from 2015/16 to 2020/21 and the as up to date figures as possible for 2021/22.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I suppose I should ask- Stretford paying the wages as per the reports- any blame that can be attached to Derby or is it solely a agent/EFL/FA and maybe ex manager issue?

Secondly- still no sign of those accounts, either with the EFL let alone online- I assume that the indicative figures are accurate but why do they not release...if all submitted as part of the takeover fair enough, but six or seven years of the accounts compiled correctly seems a must- 6 years in the public domain, up to last season to the Football League. What are they trying to hide exactly- if indeed they are.

I’ve no idea, but had Stratford not paid them, they’d have likely missed the wages payment for this month and get minus 3 points.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve no idea, but had Stratford not paid them, they’d have likely missed the wages payment for this month and get minus 3 points.

Indeed- you and me both, -3 if not but I wonder if the mechanism was authorised/made transparent to the EFL. Went on for much longer if true but I know Birmingham are under Investigation for issues of ownership and presumably funding.

image.png.9ebf929a5988b391fc34aa80cf7df192.png

The spelling on 17 is terrible! That aside, quite simply I don't see what they have to gain from 16.2 and the P&S bit- 16.3 is excused while in admin but not when they exit...and even then there was an expectation to publish on the Derby website by the due date for 2020/21 from the Agreed Decision. No way should the EFL substantially lift the Embargo until all aspects are rectified. Logically it should be resolved on the takeover as that goes through...

Any theories @Hxj as to why the accounts might still be hidden from view not only from the public but the EFL as well.

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Any theories @Hxj as to why the accounts might still be hidden from view not only from the public but the EFL as well.

Because no one has prepared them.  Administrators don't need to.  The EFL will need to decide if they take the point further, I understand that they have detailed figures. 

Still likely that 'NewCo' will be used so there will be no further accounts for the companies currently in Administration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Because no one has prepared them.  Administrators don't need to.  The EFL will need to decide if they take the point further, I understand that they have detailed figures. 

Still likely that 'NewCo' will be used so there will be no further accounts for the companies currently in Administration.

Thanks. Although it rather goes against the EFL "Agreed Decision" to publish on the website e.g. the 2020/21 ones.

EFL have detailed figures- would that be in your view the correct format and covering the 6-7 years...certainly don't think the EFL should be under any obligation to lift the current embargo until such time as they receive them in full if detailed isn't full- stalemate in other words.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If they are not paid, am I right that players can tear up their contracts and leave on a free?

They might not then be able to muster a 5-a-side team!

Just now, Davefevs said:

Looking forward to hearing all the next levels of detail, e.g. any embargo’s, restrictions, HMRC stuff etc.

That'll be imminent!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sky just said under a business plan with restrictions on fees, wages, etc for new signings.

Yep, the EFL statement says:

As part of the conditions of continuing membership in the EFL, the Club, whilst remaining under a registration embargo, will be permitted to sign new players in accordance with the terms of a business plan.

The plan, which has been jointly agreed by the new ownership and the EFL, includes restrictions in respect of transfers fees, player wages and agents’ fees. Any application to register players must comply with the terms of those agreed plans. 

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/july/efl-statement-derby-county-exit-administration/

• Thanks 2