IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

1 minute ago, Porto Red said:

Apparently I did read 83 pages of this, but life is possibly too short to catch up with all 156 now, so could someone please précis the remaining 73? Muito obrigado

• Wayne Rooney and the Little Ram that Could
  • Bank Holidays
  • The general nature, extent of, and reasons for international anti-money laundering checks
  • Oh, don't worry. Chris Kirchner is a fraud
  • Congratulations to @Mr Popodopolous for making 'ze List'.
  • Will it be -3, -15, kicked out? Who knows!?
  • Mike?
  • Wayne Rooney and the Weirdly Paid Wages
  • Wayne Rooney and the Long (but suddenly very short) Goodbye
  • Oh look it's some local bloke. 
  • That's that then...
  • ...for now.
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:
  • Bank Holidays
  • The general nature, extent of, and reasons for international anti-money laundering checks
  • Mike?
  • That's that then...
  • ...for now.

On the one hand, this is clearly quite brilliant. On the other, I'm really none the wiser ?‍♂️

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:
  • Bank Holidays
  • Mike?
  • That's that then...
  • ...for now.

You missed: 

• Please Sir, what does "imminent" mean?

• Like 1

Well I didn't think they would go bankrupt though I am glad they have suffered.

I was pondering the other day whether it would change their fans much but I doubt it- in certain aspects ie EFL regs and so forth, the most arrogant, know-nothing fanbase I have seen at this level- I am not including those who are largely PL just down for a while but consistently Championship based clubs. Clowes seems decent from early bits and what I've read- they don't deserve him I expect a sizeable minority of their entitled fans. Wish I'd gone to Pride Park in April but there's still time- maybe next season if I see my mate up North.

Get that writ in Mr. Couhig unless the claim has already been settled. Key q too is what % to HMRC...public money is public money after all.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And I don`t suppose we will ever find out how little they have to pay to HMRC.

If it is the full amount they would be shouting it from the rooftops.

Posted with gritted teeth having just paid my quarterly VAT bill IN FULL.

Other clubs are angry that Derby have almost certainly have got away with it and will want answers.

I would certainly be asking HMRC whether they honoured their claim that they never accept less than the full amount of tax due.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Other clubs are angry that Derby have almost certainly have got away with it and will want answers.

I would certainly be asking HMRC whether they honoured their claim that they never accept less than the full amount of tax due.

And they`ll say it`s commercially sensitive information and refuse. Does FOI cover things like this? I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

And they`ll say it`s commercially sensitive information and refuse. Does FOI cover things like this? I doubt it.

I doubt FOI applies and a commercially sensitive defence would allow HMRC to get away with lying about its policy.

Pretty sure details will leak though, which may lead to some fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, chinapig said:

I doubt FOI applies and a commercially sensitive defence would allow HMRC to get away with lying about its policy.

Pretty sure details will leak though, which may lead to some fun.

There are bound to be some Forest fans who work for HMRC..............................................................

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

IF, HMRC have not been paid in full or have accepted a plan to be paid in full, it completely opens the flood gates.

I am really interested in what the detail of this is. Doubt I will get it though....

6 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

They should have been made bankrupt . Instead we have public taxes being defaulted . So they can still play in L1 . It’s a disgrace . They have taken the pants down of HMRC and every tax payer . When you owe that about how on earth can you just have a slap on the hands . Derby should be starting anew from a very very low league position . 

so in football it pays to defraud HMRC . 

Just saw your post and completely agree. IF it is the case, there are enough questionable owners of football clubs that will be taking full advantage.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well I didn't think they would go bankrupt though I am glad they have suffered.

I was pondering the other day whether it would change their fans much but I doubt it- in certain aspects ie EFL regs and so forth, the most arrogant, know-nothing fanbase I have seen at this level- I am not including those who are largely PL just down for a while but consistently Championship based clubs. Clowes seems decent from early bits and what I've read- they don't deserve him I expect a sizeable minority of their entitled fans. Wish I'd gone to Pride Park in April but there's still time- maybe next season if I see my mate up North.

Get that writ in Mr. Couhig unless the claim has already been settled. Key q too is what % to HMRC...public money is public money after all.

You really are a very sad individual.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AnotherDerbyFan said:

You really are a very sad individual.

:laugh:

Well, a percentage on your forum are very ill-informed, ignorant and arrogant or have been about these matters.

Anyway it's a small price for being on the side of right- some of the stuff last year was hilarious- some of the stuff for 2.5 years has been hilarious!

Not as sad as a thread last August "Has the Embargo been lifted"! What a daft one that was. Progress to a Business Plan perhaps but as to the question fully lifted, well the thread was made on 6th July 2021- well Father Dick Byrne has the answer...

126hu2.jpg

In all reality, justice done kinda- what with the -12, FFP sorted- relegation and the accompanying Embargo/Business Plan. From a footballing perspective boxes ticked.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billywedlock said:

They should have been made bankrupt . Instead we have public taxes being defaulted . So they can still play in L1 . It’s a disgrace . They have taken the pants down of HMRC and every tax payer . When you owe that about how on earth can you just have a slap on the hands . Derby should be starting anew from a very very low league position . 

so in football it pays to defraud HMRC . 

Oh yes in a football context I meant- well I dunno, the EFL Insolvency Policy seems to it would appear classify HMRC and Unsecured Creditors as one and the same although none of us have seen it.

Granted none of us know what % is being paid- either now or over time. Could be high- we don't know do we.

Ha I said I wouldn't quote DCFCFans anymore but sometimes you just gotta...

YaniP- he appears to have been playing "pass the brain cell" or lost it, dropped it or something- forgotten his meds I expect- for him to talk about idiocy or morons given the cognitive dissonance on that site in some time, the conspiracy theory whining really is funny.

image.thumb.png.55676e334beda7b0ff2226f91662d39a.png

Actual cogent post not that I agree with all of it from Gee Screamer though, has he remembered to take his tablets today or something- or maybe he's laying off the booze for a change. Yes if Derby had paid their creditors then we wouldn't be having this discussion- the P&S/FFP bit would have been a fail either IRL or likely to 2020/21.

As for Gibson and Couhig, the EFL won a hard won victory and that gave those two the platform to make their claim in a sense.

Out with the old and in with the new.

Looking at the Companies House filings over the last few days it is now possible to say that:

1.  Clowes Developments (UK) Limited now directly owns the stadium owning company Gellaw 202 Newco Ltd

2.  Clowes Developments (UK) Limited incorporated a new subsidiary Totem Newco Limited which acquired the football club assets or the company which acquired the football club assets

So looks as if the club and stadium remain separated.

Some of the figures being banded around don't make sense from the accounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Hxj said:

Out with the old and in with the new.

Looking at the Companies House filings over the last few days it is now possible to say that:

1.  Clowes Developments (UK) Limited now directly owns the stadium owning company Gellaw 202 Newco Ltd

2.  Clowes Developments (UK) Limited incorporated a new subsidiary Totem Newco Limited which acquired the football club assets or the company which acquired the football club assets

So looks as if the club and stadium remain separated.

Some of the figures being banded around don't make sense from the accounts.

How much did they pay for the stadium?

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ha I said I wouldn't quote DCFCFans anymore but sometimes you just gotta...

YaniP- he appears to have been playing "pass the brain cell" or lost it, dropped it or something- forgotten his meds I expect- for him to talk about idiocy or morons given the cognitive dissonance on that site in some time, the conspiracy theory whining really is funny.

image.thumb.png.55676e334beda7b0ff2226f91662d39a.png

Actual cogent post not that I agree with all of it from Gee Screamer though, has he remembered to take his tablets today or something- or maybe he's laying off the booze for a change. Yes if Derby had paid their creditors then we wouldn't be having this discussion- the P&S/FFP bit would have been a fail either IRL or likely to 2020/21.

As for Gibson and Couhig, the EFL won a hard won victory and that gave those two the platform to make their claim in a sense.

The stupid thing is had Mel not lost patience and accepted the -9 points, they’d have stayed up, they’d have probably kept Rooney, Ebosele, Ebiowei, Plange, and all the other young diamonds they had, plus a few others. But his reaction to the impending likelihood of -9 was to think they were likely to go down, so he pressed the panic button and went the whole hog into admin for another -12.

But Morris knew he’d already bought himself some security with the stadium being separated.  But he complicated the sale of the club as a result, and made it less attractive as a Lg1 club rather than a Champ club fighting to stay up.  Rooney actually did a great job in giving optimism that even with -21 he’d give it a go.

Morris has gotten out of this lightly, how Derby fans haven’t turned up at his residence with pitchforks baying for his blood I don’t know.

So now the new owner will start in Lg1, under a business plan, details we don’t know of yet and a squad of players that are likely to be chased as “of professional standing” and taking up many of the 23 man squad places.  We are already hearing talks of Conor Hourihane signing…on what wages, over what term (1yr max?)…hopefully that is just media talk.

Looking forward to seeing the actual squad / recruitment position clarified.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The stupid thing is had Mel not lost patience and accepted the -9 points, they’d have stayed up, they’d have probably kept Rooney, Ebosele, Ebiowei, Plange, and all the other young diamonds they had, plus a few others. But his reaction to the impending likelihood of -9 was to think they were likely to go down, so he pressed the panic button and went the whole hog into admin for another -12.

But Morris knew he’d already bought himself some security with the stadium being separated.  But he complicated the sale of the club as a result, and made it less attractive as a Lg1 club rather than a Champ club fighting to stay up.  Rooney actually did a great job in giving optimism that even with -21 he’d give it a go.

Morris has gotten out of this lightly, how Derby fans haven’t turned up at his residence with pitchforks baying for his blood I don’t know.

So now the new owner will start in Lg1, under a business plan, details we don’t know of yet and a squad of players that are likely to be chased as “of professional standing” and taking up many of the 23 man squad places.  We are already hearing talks of Conor Hourihane signing…on what wages, over what term (1yr max?)…hopefully that is just media talk.

Looking forward to seeing the actual squad / recruitment position clarified.

Had Morris not put the club into administration they may indeed have raised a fair bit of cash from selling players. Trouble is that would have to have been used to pay off the debts he had deliberately run up and he had no intention of doing that. Nor would Derby fans have accepted it.

• Like 2