IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

11 minutes ago, chinapig said:

How much of a restriction that is depends on what the average wage bill is in League 1.

It would be interesting to compare with Ipswich. Especially as Ashton was telling fans who wanted yet more signings that they should have a look at their wage bill. The size of which has nothing to do with him of course.

Be interesting to know if by “wage bill” they mean players as is the case for Lg1 SCMP.

AA2471C9-515F-4ACB-9CFC-A43210D3ACB3.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Now that Derby are up and running, what happens to things like submitting prior year accounts with Companies House, and P&S submissions to EFL.

Derby will have to have submitted their 22/23 projections by Mid/end June and must comply with:

image.thumb.png.23782d4cfcd0558efd7b23a96b1c4998.png

image.thumb.png.29febb738007b5ac3915c90765f9d77a.png

It would be great if there was transparency re any injections, although in Derby’s case, their income is likely to be one of the higher ones in Lg1, so achieving 75% on wages might be not too bad to achieve.

League One is going to be crazy (again) this year.  Wednesday have recruited ever so well, Peterborough will be no mugs, together with Ipswich (stifled recruitment this summer), Charlton (recruited well), etc, etc.  Only three spots up for grabs, one or two are gonna feel the pinch next summer if they don’t get up this time around.

And don't forget the "mighty" Gas who, with their incredible fan base, will no doubt be storming L1 this season. Ipswich, Wednesday, Derby, Pompey etc, be very afraid. 

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

His Ahead of the Game column. Yep restrictions published as with Derby themselves and Reading would be good.

image.png.fc05246181bb7918191fc6f400fbe3da.png

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10996387/AHEAD-GAME-EFL-fury-BBCs-20m-Champions-League-TV-deal.html

They were restricted to about £15m IIRC from the Agreed Decision but Matt Hughes settles on £12m- maybe that's solely for players, I remember Reading were £21m or so last season and down to £16m for this season.

For what it's worth, the 'wage bill' during the first 8 weeks of admin worked out as £14m over the season. A good £2-2.5m must have been knocked off in January. Reports suggested wages of about £1.6m needed to be paid in May and June (£19.2m per season)

I'm guessing Matt Hughes' £8m is just players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Dunno, what did they do?

Went into administration in July 2020 and exited in March 2021.

Last set of accounts prior to entering was for the 18/19 season (March 2020)

In March 2022, the new owners (Phoenix 2021 Limited) released a partial 20/21 set of accounts.

19/20 accounts were never submitted to Companies House. Full year for 20/21 have not been submitted either. P&S submission will have been submitted to the EFL for all relevant periods.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, AnotherDerbyFan said:

Went into administration in July 2020 and exited in March 2021.

Last set of accounts prior to entering was for the 18/19 season (March 2020)

In March 2022, the new owners (Phoenix 2021 Limited) released a partial 20/21 set of accounts.

19/20 accounts were never submitted to Companies House. Full year for 20/21 have not been submitted either. P&S submission will have been submitted to the EFL for all relevant periods.

So, Clowes will have to do at least the same then!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AnotherDerbyFan said:

For what it's worth, the 'wage bill' during the first 8 weeks of admin worked out as £14m over the season. A good £2-2.5m must have been knocked off in January. Reports suggested wages of about £1.6m needed to be paid in May and June (£19.2m per season)

I'm guessing Matt Hughes' £8m is just players.

I'm assuming just players too.

45 minutes ago, Atyeo's lift said:

And WR's off to another DC bunch of losers

Of course nobody would suggest that loyal Wayne was negotiating this at least as soon as it became clear his mate Kirchner was, let's say, not entirely honourable. Though to most of us that was obvious all along.

He would never con gullible Derby fans in that way. Would he?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Of course nobody would suggest that loyal Wayne was negotiating this at least as soon as it became clear his mate Kirchner was, let's say, not entirely honourable. Though to most of us that was obvious all along.

He would never con gullible Derby fans in that way. Would he?

In fairness to WR, it could be that, as the new owners have to reduce the wage bill by 33%, his rumoured £90k pw wages are unaffordable if they are to stay within the EFL business plan. 

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

In fairness to WR, it could be that, as the new owners have to reduce the wage bill by 33%, his rumoured £90k pw wages are unaffordable if they are to stay within the EFL business plan. 

Except that he said he resigned on the grounds that he needed a break and an opportunity to study. Also that he thought the club would benefit from a new manager. Not much of a break and not much studying it turns out.

If his motivation was to relieve the club of his wages why was he backing the Kirchner takeover (in which his agent Stretford was involved)? That regime wouldn't have been able to afford him either. So suggesting him resigning was an act of charity seems generous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/07/2022 at 12:40, chinapig said:

If his motivation was to relieve the club of his wages why was he backing the Kirchner takeover (in which his agent Stretford was involved)? That regime wouldn't have been able to afford him either. So suggesting him resigning was an act of charity seems generous.

Listening to Kieran Maguire this morning it seems DC are paying Rooney something like £865k a year. According to KM's information Kirchner offered him more than that to sign a three year contract at Derby. Madness.

It appears also that Stretford is looking to serve legal papers on Kirchner but can't find him!

• Haha 1

So back to the financials.

The old companies in the 'football group' have all been renamed pending a CVA and or liquidation.

The 'Golden Share' and the other assets have been transferred to Derby County (The Rams) Limited (the new Football Club), a company owned by Clowes Developments (UK) Limited ("CDUK"), a company owned by a Discretionary Trust. 

CDUK has invested £500,000 in share capital into the Football Club, any other financing will be way of loan.

Gellaw Newco 202 Ltd, which directly owns the ground, was also acquired by CDUK, my best guess is for £1, but with MSD loans remaining in place, leaving Morris free of that debt.

The old 'Stadium Group', including Gellaw Newco 202, has been released from the MSD charges, so this suggests that the MSD finance has been replaced by a loan from CDUK.

We will find out shortly what CDUK paid into the companies in Administration.

However even with a reduced players payroll of £8 million it still looks like a significant input in cash from CDUK every year.  That Category 1 Academy is looking like an expensive white elephant.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Did well for us, had a couple of significant spells out due to injury, but a good captain and player.

Think LJ signed him from Oldham originally.

Cotterill signing. The heartbeat of the double squad.

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Derby_Ram said:

Thoughts on Korey Smith who looks like being next through the door?

Oh Korey no. Not you as well.

One of my favourites from our 2014/15 double winning League 1 super team. Had his injury issues in recent years but I believe when he left us for Swansea he was our longest serving active player.

Also bagged the last minute winner in our League Cup QF v Man Utd in 2017. 

He's a legend, and it's a shame he's having to lower himself to this ?

• Haha 1

There was a documentary on Derby's plight on the Al Jazeera news channel last night. I caught it by accident when changing channels.

They reckon that Derby could end up with an advantage over other clubs in a similar financial state when an agreement is reached with the EFL.

56 minutes ago, Derby_Ram said:

Cheers all. Mixed emotions as sounds the type of player we are missing from the current midfielders but we'll now have a surplus and seems certain that at least one but probably two of Bird/Knight/Sibley will leave.

Oh yeah, I think he once kicked a teabag in to a mug.

Class.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Makes sense. Not sure why I thought LJ signed him.

LJ liked to mention he knew what a good plyer Korey was because 'I took him to Oldham', or 'I signed hime when I was at Oldham'. By the time he'd mentioned it 20 times all you remember was LJ signed KS :)

• Haha 2