IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

1 minute ago, AnotherDerbyFan said:

I haven't been far wrong so far. I may have even stated it'll be a £100k fine months ago.
That somewhat shows my interpretation of events is more balanced than some on this forum demanding massive points deductions, instant relegation, members to be sacked off the EFL board, etc..

Do you genuinely believe that your club have been above board and within the rules? 
If your answer is Yes, you are blinded by your bias. 
If your answer is No, you really should be calling it out. 
Yet you seem to be happy, nay, even arrogant, about the whole situation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, AnotherDerbyFan said:

Face saving from the EFL, based on the 0.0001% chance a deduction could be applied to 20/21.
If Derby play L1 football in 20/21 , I'll record a video of me eating Rooney's underwear and post it on here.

Doesn't that make you sad?

Do you accept in any way that your club has done wrong and essentially cheated?

I think that’s the part I struggle with. I completely respect and accept your loyalty and decision to stand by your club, but you are still allowed to acknowledge that they’ve done wrong, tried to cheat and been caught out.

Do you also see how Derby not being punished appropriately just means it’s okay for everyone else to cheat in the same manner?

I just don’t get it.

Edited by 054123
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, AnotherDerbyFan said:

image.png.342fa32375076f7f6735f3988ec881e2.png

image.png.55b2dc26a0b50cc332bb61f6b4f0dda2.png

Just inside the limit.
Bizarrely, KM now believes we'll be safe too.

I repeat... Past precedent means that will not happen

It's not entirely like with like as the regular playing season had ended after the Verdict reached in the case of Sheffield Wednesday whereas 7th May us still just within the regular playing season. I'm pretty sure that the Sheffield Wednesday Verdict was 25th July or similar?

Had the EFL been looking at a 2-3 pts deduction, a win vs Sheffield Wednesday would still have sufficed- fairly tenuous I accept.

Kieran Maguire's figures seem to swing about which is confusing. I'm sure he mentioned something about £6m 3 year P&S loss on Twitter before his forecasted £30m swing in Amortisation. I have a feeling that he might have been using the Club Accounts in isolation with that calculation, whereas the EFL Written Reasons from last August show that 2016/17 and 2017/18 were the Consolidated Accounts, and there was a £6m swing in the 2015/16 loss too.

Possible of course that Derby are within but his figures seem to vary. What's the methodology for your compliance? Mine is EFL 3 years to 2018, plus the difference (as posted by you) between Club method of Amortisation for those years and Straight Line with Contract Extension, adding to the losses the difference between the two before reducing from the losses a £2m improvement in Profit on Ince which I think you mentioned a while back- which parts am I missing here?

Precedent argument is an interesting one. A problem there is that the cases and timelines differ vastly.

All 3 stand accused or were punished for breaching FFP in the 3 years to 2018...the two completed cases first.

Birmingham

Straight overspend, admission. Signing Pedersen didn't in fact see them punished which was odd but probably escalated matters ie public announcement of an Embargo and Business Plan.

Breach to June 30th 2018, charged early August 2018, punished in March 2019. Nice and neat though I still have a preference for in-season punishment based on the 3rd year Projections.

Sheffield Wednesday

Under Embargo from Summer 2018 to sometime in 2019, been in and out for 3 years and counting and believed that the Stadium Sale and leaseback had saved the day.

Charged in mid November 2019, then Secondary charges aimed at Chansiri, Meire and Redgate which along with Covid ironically took time out and if anything the EFL should have pursued the Personal Charges second if at all. They got relegated in the end but justice delayed etc. These Personal Charges were dropped in say Mid March 2020.

Verdict reached late July 2020, announced July 31st 2020.

Appeal lodged mid August 2020, final verdict by LAP was early November 2020.

Ongoing Derby case

*Charged mid January 2020.

*Verdict mid to late August 2020.

*EFL intention to Appeal first week or so September 2020.

*Stuff about Middlesbrough trying to get involved plus EFL trying to get 2019 factored in too, can't recall the dates but that adds to it all. December 2020 perhaps?

*EFL Appeal finally begun 20th March 2021.

*Verdict reached 7th May 2021, and announced 11th May 2021, ie the guilty bit.

These timelines all differ wildly so unsure how strong the precedent argument is, and besides both Derby and Sheffield Wednesday were charged in 2019/20, Sanction for the latter came in 2020/21, so with that in mind, should Derby's not also apply to 2020/21?

The other thing that surprises me is that given the sheer disregard for the Regulations your hierarchy appear to have, the position of Stephen Pearce on the EFL board is a joke. Get the Barnsley guy on.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Do you genuinely believe that your club have been above board and within the rules? 
If your answer is Yes, you are blinded by your bias. 
If your answer is No, you really should be calling it out. 
Yet you seem to be happy, nay, even arrogant, about the whole situation. 

I've simply argued my viewpoint, which is seemingly the same as the IDC's. Go through my previous posts and you'll see I'm not blinded by bias

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Doesn't that make you sad?

Do you accept in any way that your club has done wrong and essentially cheated?

I think that’s the part I struggle with. I completely respect and accept your loyalty and decision to stand by your club, but you are still allowed to acknowledge that they’ve done wrong, tried to cheat and been caught out.

Do you also see how Derby not being punished appropriately just means it’s okay for everyone else to cheat in the same manner?

I just don’t get it.

Wrong? Yes. Cheated? No. Not unless the restated P&S figures show we exceeded the limits anyway.

I feel a fine is suitable for the punishment - improperly stating the amortisation policy in the accounts and using an improper amortisation policy. I don't agree with the verdict of the policy being invalid (just as the original IDC didn't either), but I do feel the punishment is suitable nonetheless. A points deduction wouldn't be suitable for that infraction, but would be for overspending.

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's not entirely like with like as the regular playing season had ended after the Verdict reached in the case of Sheffield Wednesday whereas 7th May us still just within the regular playing season. I'm pretty sure that the Sheffield Wednesday Verdict was 25th July or similar?

Had the EFL been looking at a 2-3 pts deduction, a win vs Sheffield Wednesday would still have sufficed- fairly tenuous I accept.

Kieran Maguire's figures seem to swing about which is confusing. I'm sure he mentioned something about £6m 3 year P&S loss on Twitter before his forecasted £30m swing in Amortisation. I have a feeling that he might have been using the Club Accounts in isolation with that calculation, whereas the EFL Written Reasons from last August show that 2016/17 and 2017/18 were the Consolidated Accounts, and there was a £6m swing in the 2015/16 loss too.

Possible of course that Derby are within but his figures seem to vary. What's the methodology for your compliance? Mine is EFL 3 years to 2018, plus the difference (as posted by you) between Club method of Amortisation for those years and Straight Line with Contract Extension, adding to the losses the difference between the two before reducing from the losses a £2m improvement in Profit on Ince which I think you mentioned a while back- which parts am I missing here?

Precedent argument is an interesting one. A problem there is that the cases and timelines differ vastly.

All 3 stand accused or were punished for breaching FFP in the 3 years to 2018...the two completed cases first.

Birmingham

Straight overspend, admission. Signing Pedersen didn't in fact see them punished which was odd but probably escalated matters ie public announcement of an Embargo and Business Plan.

Breach to June 30th 2018, charged early August 2018, punished in March 2019. Nice and neat though I still have a preference for in-season punishment based on the 3rd year Projections.

Sheffield Wednesday

Under Embargo from Summer 2018 to sometime in 2019, been in and out for 3 years and counting and believed that the Stadium Sale and leaseback had saved the day.

Charged in mid November 2019, then Secondary charges aimed at Chansiri, Meire and Redgate which along with Covid ironically took time out and if anything the EFL should have pursued the Personal Charges second if at all. They got relegated in the end but justice delayed etc. These Personal Charges were dropped in say Mid March 2020.

Verdict reached late July 2020, announced July 31st 2020.

Appeal lodged mid August 2020, final verdict by LAP was early November 2020.

Ongoing Derby case

*Charged mid January 2020.

*Verdict mid to late August 2020.

*EFL intention to Appeal first week or so September 2020.

*Stuff about Middlesbrough trying to get involved plus EFL trying to get 2019 factored in too, can't recall the dates but that adds to it all. December 2020 perhaps?

*EFL Appeal finally begun 20th March 2021.

*Verdict reached 7th May 2021, and announced 11th May 2021, ie the guilty bit.

These timelines all differ wildly so unsure how strong the precedent argument is, and besides both Derby and Sheffield Wednesday were charged in 2019/20, Sanction for the latter came in 2020/21, so with that in mind, should Derby's not also apply to 2020/21?

The other thing that surprises me is that given the sheer disregard for the Regulations your hierarchy appear to have, the position of Stephen Pearce on the EFL board is a joke. Get the Barnsley guy on.

Where have you seen the date for DCFC verdict? Neither the EFL or DCFC mentioned a date in their statements.

Precedent is valid regardless of timelines to reach the point of having a verdict. The precedent is not having enough time to 'right the wrongs' off the pitch on it. SWFC started the season with a points penalty, whereas DCFC haven't had one at all, so it can't be a case of applying the penalty for both in the same season.

You've only used the difference in Ince, whereas there's also Russell, Dawkins, Albentosa, Christie, Shotton and Weimann

Edited by AnotherDerbyFan

15 minutes ago, AnotherDerbyFan said:

I've simply argued my viewpoint, which is seemingly the same as the IDC's. Go through my previous posts and you'll see I'm not blinded by bias

Honestly can’t be arsed to go back through your previous posts - the whole situation bores me. 
It’d just be nice if you and your other fans could categorically state that your club has done wrong and to not defend it. 

I couldn’t care whether you get a £1 fine or a 75 point deduction. Just admit your club have broken the rules. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

They clearly have broken the rules and because of sluggish bureaucracy and EFL incompetence they won't be relegated in time in my opinion. There is a collective denial from Derby fans because of the tribal nature of football. It this was our club it would be the same with the personal connection with our club and the bias that comes with that so I don't blame them.

1 minute ago, RedRoss said:

They clearly have broken the rules and because of sluggish bureaucracy and EFL incompetence they won't be relegated in time in my opinion. There is a collective denial from Derby fans because of the tribal nature of football. It this was our club it would be the same with the personal connection with our club and the bias that comes with that so I don't blame them.

I disagree. If it was us I’d be calling for us to hold our hands up. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

Again. I disagree. If a handful of fans start calling it out, others will follow. 

Agree to this, I won’t sit here and blow smoke up our own backsides, but I think there’s enough people who went through 82 (like my old man) to not want to play this sort of thing out. Let’s be honest, we are lucky in a number of ways when it comes to ownership stability and I suspect we all (myself included) has gone “why can’t SL just gamble one season and cheat the system like QPR or Wolves or Villa” but would that really make us happy? And there’s no promise that it pays off. 

Of course some fans would rather success at all costs. Of course some fans would blindly back the club even if they were in the wrong, either out of faith or borderline trolling, but I think because of where we’ve been we’d have a better proportion of fans kicking off if we pulled this sort of thing.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

52 minutes ago, AnotherDerbyFan said:

Wrong? Yes. Cheated? No. Not unless the restated P&S figures show we exceeded the limits anyway.

I feel a fine is suitable for the punishment - improperly stating the amortisation policy in the accounts and using an improper amortisation policy. I don't agree with the verdict of the policy being invalid (just as the original IDC didn't either), but I do feel the punishment is suitable nonetheless. A points deduction wouldn't be suitable for that infraction, but would be for overspending.

Where have you seen the date for DCFC verdict? Neither the EFL or DCFC mentioned a date in their statements.

Precedent is valid regardless of timelines to reach the point of having a verdict. The precedent is not having enough time to 'right the wrongs' off the pitch on it. SWFC started the season with a points penalty, whereas DCFC haven't had one at all, so it can't be a case of applying the penalty for both in the same season.

You've only used the difference in Ince, whereas there's also Russell, Dawkins, Albentosa, Christie, Shotton and Weimann

Nixon said it was Friday 7th May 2021.  Last page of the Written Reasons for that Appeal seem to be dated Friday 7th May 2021. Page 59, the very bottom- the date is there.

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/873a8914e09740d3b3a8848131ea10b8/efl-v-derby-county---appeal-decision.pdf

I seem to recall John Percy also claimed he knew, prior to the end of the season but that legal action was threatened if published.

Not surprised if true, I must say- although the devil is in the detail a bit there, was it just Derby or could it have been the EFL or perhaps even both parties who threatened legal action if published?

Okay let's see...Weimann was in 2018/19 was he not? July 3rd=2018/19, Reporting Period runs until June 30th.

Dawkins as per Transfermarkt joined for £518k in Jan 2014 under straight line method, and was sold for an undisclosed amount 2 years later- there was a pretty negligible Profit on Disposal.

Russell as per Transfermarkt joined July 2013- under Straight Line- for £790k and left at end of Jan under Derby method for £252k. Pretty neglibible again.

As per Transfermarkt, Albenosta was in the final year of contract- pure Profit, cost saving- maybe a small improvement there?

How much Shotton joined for is unclear, again as per Transfermarkt, his outbound fee wasn't huge so a saving but much of one?

Christie joined Derby for £100k as per Transfermarkt so that's surely near enough full Profit.

Does it swing it back by £2m in total or however much the gap was? Debatable. To me, even a single pound over would be worthy of a deduction as per the tariff.

PMSL, take a look at these daft idea!!

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/37695-sports-minister-emails/

@Hxj @Davefevs @havanatopia

The deludamol is strong among some that forum??

image.thumb.png.8a4210e1cfbc6b795d16b79a7b506120.png

Haha, bullying- Wow!

High Court? Don't think that it sits well with your Terms of Membership! 'Membership of the League shall constitute' etc...

Perhaps we and likeminded fans of other clubs should email Crouch and our MPs to praise the EFL here, for finally getting round to a determination with respect to enforcing the Regulations in the correct manner. They should ask fans of compliant Clubs when it comes to the Football Governance Review Body- the Regulations are too lax if anything.

Destruction of a Club? Behave- teams go up, teams go down!

Bullying? ?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Derby County’s owners having been cheating their supporters for years. Dodgy promises built on dodgy books is the stock in trade. Nevertheless supporters post on multiple forums defending their basket case club rather than do something that will change what is happening in their boardroom and restore sanity  

Personally I could not careless what Division Derby are in as it will just add to the entertainment value either way. 

No wonder no one wants to buy them the value sinks on a daily basis! 

4 hours ago, AnotherDerbyFan said:

Face saving from the EFL, based on the 0.0001% chance a deduction could be applied to 20/21.
If Derby play L1 football in 20/21 , I'll record a video of me eating Rooney's underwear and post it on here.

Wayne or Coleen’s?

Edited by downendcity

Another comical take.

image.thumb.png.e7bab0db041861047f607d9717ad5bf9.png

It's "Bullies" btw- pah!

All that "Mel has EFL on strings" crap- we remember, also a thread from April 2019 when there was more mirth than concern in respect of reports about a Soft Embargo.

Another interesting take though...that's for sure.

Litigation against the EFL and possibly other clubs- well if you want to breach your terms of Membership, give it a go.

image.thumb.png.bbe3c366cad99a31e982448ba06ad074.png

Interesting to read a few posts about this thread on DCFCFans.

Firstly PearlRam, I can't take full credit for that rule you cited from here. No, the original place I saw it was a Twitter user named Derby5hire. Is it feasible? Who knows. Is it a fairish solution? Maybe.

Second bit to a poster whose name escapes me, criticism of us, saying and other fans should listen to the Kieran Maguire pod is ******* rich.

Good though it was, some of your fans really don't have a clue. You still think you're the victims, the EFL have a vendetta. The Sports Minister thread is priceless, my god.

Drag your heels to 18th August with Accounts if you wish, chances are the Embargo will remain rolling on until then.

EFL and takeover shouldn't give clubs leeway either. Read the thread some of your hard of thinking fans, you might understand how hated your club ownership is.

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Another comical take.

image.thumb.png.e7bab0db041861047f607d9717ad5bf9.png

It's "Bullies" btw- pah!

All that "Mel has EFL on strings" crap- we remember, also a thread from April 2019 when there was more mirth than concern in respect of reports about a Soft Embargo.

Another interesting take though...that's for sure.

Litigation against the EFL and possibly other clubs- well if you want to breach your terms of Membership, give it a go.

image.thumb.png.bbe3c366cad99a31e982448ba06ad074.png

I suspect Mel will accept an out of court settlement of his value  of the ground 

• Confused 1

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-fixtures-wycombe-efl-5567991

If you scroll down a fair way they talk about the 'appetising' fixtures for Wycombe next year in league 1.

The arrogance of this paper appears to know no bounds. It is a condescending piece of drivel. The journalist needs reporting for a disgraceful put down of a fellow football club.

If I was editor i would be demanding a full retraction followed by a direct apology to Wycombe.

Every week that goes by and they add fuel to the fire. By now they must be the most hated club in the land. No mean feat that. 

• Like 2

I'm as big a critic of Derby as anyone but that seems merely to be a cut and paste job from the Wycombe website.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2021/june/202122fixturesrevealed/

The journo in question though, he's quite tame it seems, as in little critique or criticism or firm analysis to be found of Derby and their off the pitch ways.

As for Derby, the Regulation 28.2 I cited on here before, just to be clear for anyone reading from your forum, I wonder if it could be used as leverage in order to bring the Accounts out in a better timeframe.

Compressed version: "Quicker you bring Accounts amended to our specs to the table, quicker it can be resolved (to 2018), quicker you can begin the season, albeit unsure which Division".

21 hours ago, Harry said:

I disagree. If it was us I’d be calling for us to hold our hands up. 

If it was us you wouldn't need to hold your hands up - Steve Lansdown would have done so well before that!

Therein lies the root of the problem.  SL, in common with the majority of owners/chairmen/chairwomen looks at the rules and takes the appropriate steps to ensure their club stays within those rules. Owners like Morris look at the same set of rules  rules and look for ways around them or, if they should fall foul of them, how they can wriggle out of liability. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

13 hours ago, daored said:

I suspect Mel will accept an out of court settlement of his value  of the ground 

Unsure what you mean here?

As for litigation, in short if you as a Club sue your Governing body as some appear to be suggesting, then as far as I'm concerned they have no right to participate in the League.

The fact that Clubs have to Agree to Arbitrate in writing as part of their membership makes me hopeful that this is the case.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unsure what you mean here?

As for litigation, in short if you as a Club sue your Governing body as some appear to be suggesting, then as far as I'm concerned they have no right to participate in the League.

The fact that Clubs have to Agree to Arbitrate in writing as part of their membership makes me hopeful that this is the case.

Tongue in check comment , that Mel will probably want to sell the ground to the EFL to cover the cost of the fine !

• Thanks 1

May as well post a bit more, seems I missed out some key details.

image.png.5e28a4cb2da4f606d622917b63c30db3.png

"Consultation with and consideration of representations from the Clubs involved".

Now, might be comparing Apples and Pears here but I suspect Bury would have  vehemently objected to their Games being suspended for the first month. Poor old Bury but didn't seem to make a difference with the EFL.

Afternoon @Hxj- what's the feasibility of this in your view, could the EFL suspend Derby's fixtures or is it up to the Clubs in q? Granted this isn't a Bury type situation but I do wonder if everyone (Derby aside) wouldn't just be better off if the EFL withdrew Derby's golden share, that would also see off Mel Morris and Stephen Pearce- can't be an EFL Divisional Rep if you haven't got a Club to represent. ;) 

I am sure it has been discussed; it seems to me an utterly illogical statement for the FL to 'request a re-submission of 2016, 17, and 18 accounts' and somehow word it for us to all be gullible pups and accept that it will be complete before or perhaps up to a month after the season begins. 

First of all there is no prior evidence to suggest Morris will comply and even if he does nothing to expect anything other than a long delay by design. 

Companies House and HMRC no doubt will be waiting in the wings as well. Perhaps they have both been presented with a dossier with overwhelmingly damning evidence. HMRC would have the teeth to wind Derby up. What the toothless FL cannot do they quietly pass the buck for her majesties pleasure.

If you think about it this does not sound implausible by mere token that the request for the accounts vis a vis a minor delay to the campaign is, ie utterly implausible. Everybody knows it is. 

What the point of a pitifully low 100k fine is all about i really don't know but maybe it is part of the bigger picture to come, ticks a box for FL and takes us a step closer to dropping the axe on Derby, the once proud football club now reduced to a pathetic little rump by a criminal. Their fans must hate his guts.

Edited by havanatopia

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

I am sure it has been discussed; it seems to me an utterly illogical statement for the FL to 'request a re-submission of 2016, 17, and 18 accounts' and somehow word it for us to all be gullible pups and accept that it will be complete before or perhaps up to a month after the season begins. 

First of all there is no prior evidence to suggest Morris will comply and even if he does nothing to expect anything other than a long delay by design. 

Companies House and HMRC no doubt will be waiting in the wings as well. Perhaps they have both been presented with a dossier with overwhelmingly damning evidence. HMRC would have the teeth to wind Derby up. What the toothless FL cannot do they quietly pass the buck for her majesties pleasure.

If you think about it this does not sound implausible by mere token that the request for the accounts vis a vis a minor delay to the campaign is, ie utterly implausible. Everybody knows it is. 

What the point of a pitifully low 100k fine is all about i really don't know but maybe it is part of the bigger picture to come, ticks a box for FL and takes us a step closer to dropping the axe on Derby, the once proud football club now reduced to a pathetic little rump by a criminal. Their fans must hate his guts.

Seemingly not, still see themselves as great victims. Based on their forum they seem to see the EFL as the baddies here.

Indeed, one has claimed that Andrew Bridgen MP (a gobshite from memory) has intimated he will raise the issue with the EFL!?

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/37695-sports-minister-emails/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-2145499

I don't see, are there grounds for winding up- nice thought but I am wondering.

The rest of your post- I wonder, yes Morris will stall and no doubt stall- but of course the Embargo remains in play for as long as this takes. Interesting to see what would happen were Derby to miss the deadline of 18th August...

I wonder about the HMRC bit- I'm not getting my hopes up there, the request for the Accounts in the timeframe needed could be implausible but if all that needed amending was the Amortisation and a few player sales, that can be done relatively quickly.

What right has Mr. Bridgen got to get involved however? Is he on the Sports Select Committee, is he an MP for Derbyshire? Definitely not in the case of the 2nd and no idea on the 1st.

• Like 1