IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

21 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Unbelievably, there's a report that someone has commissioned a statue of Rooney to be placed outside PP.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-wayne-rooney-statue-6601095

"It has now been revealed that a statue of Rooney has been commissioned to immortalise the ‘spirit’ that the Derby boss has shown.

“The last four months, the spirit he has shown, it’s gone throughout the team the club, the supporters, the City and all of the community,” Garry McBride, whose idea it was told BBC Radio Derby.

Rooney also revealed last week that he turned down the chance to interview for the ten [sic] vacant managerial position at former club Everton.

It’s [Rooney 'turning down' Everton] another thing that shows the ‘measure of the man’, according to McBride.

It is hoped that the bronze bust, which will be finished by the end of the season, will be placed at the side of Pride Park."

I cannot actually believe that this is a serious suggestion. How Rooney is coming out of this so exalted and glorified I will never understand.

Will this also be fan funded or are the administrators working on an allowance for this?

15 minutes ago, semblar said:

All in the name of Peter Wallis - sorry but I can't remember if he is a person we "know about" in relation to DCFC...

Appears to be a banker who's also the treasurer of a minor league in Wilts.

Possibly a Derby fan looking to protect the name should supporters look to firm a new start up? Else a chancer looking to make a few bob by selling the company to somebody looking to resurrect the club. I guess the former.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Midred said:

Will this also be fan funded or are the administrators working on an allowance for this?

Margaret Beckett MP is counter-claiming against the EFL for £1 BILLION pounds and that should be enough for the pedestal at least.

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Appears to be a banker who's also the treasurer of a minor league in Wilts.

Possibly a Derby fan looking to protect the name should supporters look to firm a new start up? Else a chancer looking to make a few bob by selling the company to somebody looking to resurrect the club. I guess the former.

Agree looks like a lone wolf, articles are just model articles and reg address is a residential house in Wilts. I doubt he's even involved a solicitor. Pointless exercise as it's the IP in the badge and various trade marks, player registrations, EFL membership share etc that makes "Derby County Football Club" Derby County. The registered name of a company on CH means chuff all. Hope he's fine with wasting his £13 registration fee.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HitchinRed said:

I’m not sure you have explained why Non Football Creditors should take more of the pain of a football club going into administration compared to Football Creditors.

You have simply said that it’s not the league’s fault that Derby went into administration. Well it wasn’t St John’s Ambulance’s fault either.

I haven’t suggested that the League should pay the debts for ‘these people’, I am just saying there ought to be a level playing field. 

Your premise is wrong but A lot will depend on the order. 

If the EFL chuck this bloody club out first I’m not sure the football/non football creditors will come into play anyway. The thing will just be dealt with as a normal winding up!

If Derby survive somehow that’s when local businesses have a problem. 

In order to get out of administration Derby will have to first negotiate a settlement with all party’s knowing in order to stay in the league they have to pay their football debt first as this is a rule of being a member. This is why the football debt must be paid first. It’s the rules of football, Derby signed up to it as all clubs did. 

Anyone can argue it’s not fair, particularly as the local suppliers were almost certainly not aware of this, so think of it as Football club suppliers now becoming informed!

Derby/Quantuma thought they could hammer everyone with a we are a big club and personal attacks on The EFL Gibson and Couhig. That has now failed.

So it’s down to three possible futures

1 Derby survive. (Some one chunks out a wedge load of dosh) This will take an agreement with all party’s some of which will likely take Pennie’s on the pound they keep their EFL registration and I never have to think about this thread again

(If number one means a cram down, which is the courts imposing a Pennie’s on the pound settlement in this case it will probably lead to expulsion anyway, number two comes into play)

2 Derby survive emerge from administration but do not pay their football debt first. Derby are expelled from the EFL and need to find another league to play in  

3 Derby gets wound up and Football debt becomes a non issue as the club is automatically expelled and normal bankruptcy moves forward leaving Mel Morris and his financiers owning the dirt Pride Park is built on until Gibson and Couhig Take legal action

Hope that helps. I ran my own business successfully for years so get it how this plays out with local business people, but none of the options are good for anyone! 

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Margaret Beckett MP is counter-claiming against the EFL for £1 BILLION pounds and that should be enough for the pedestal at least.

Agree looks like a lone wolf, articles are just model articles and reg address is a residential house in Wilts. I doubt he's even involved a solicitor. Pointless exercise as it's the IP in the badge and various trade marks, player registrations, EFL membership share etc that makes "Derby County Football Club" Derby County. The registered name of a company on CH means chuff all. Hope he's fine with wasting his £13 registration fee.

I gave him the benefit thinking he might be acting for the supporters club to get in early to prevent some smart doing likewise. As you say the name itself wont be worth much even to those who might wish to use it.

21 hours ago, phantom said:

THE EFL JUST RELEASED THIS STATEMENT

The EFL Board met today and received an update in respect of Derby County FC.

Over the last few weeks, the EFL has engaged proactively with the Club’s Administrators and other key stakeholders including the local authority, MPs and the Rams Trust as we seek to assist the Club in its efforts to exit from administration in accordance with the requirements of the League’s Insolvency Policy.  

The EFL’s Insolvency Policy is designed to offer guidance to Clubs on how the board might seek to deal with any Club in administration. That policy, which has been accepted by all 72 Clubs, describes how the Members agreed ‘that the starting point is that no Club should gain (or seek to gain) any advantage within the context of professional football over other Clubs by not paying all its creditors in full at all times.’ 

In this case, Derby County is seeking to use insolvency legislation to avoid having to defend the claims of Middlesbrough FC (which commenced initially in January 2021) and Wycombe Wanderers FC. Derby County considers those claims should not be treated as football related debts and that it would be wrong for the EFL to require the Club to have to continue to defend the claims as a condition of continuing membership in circumstances where they have been compromised by way of a restructuring plan. The EFL does not agree with that analysis.

At the request of the Administrators, and in line with commitments given at last week’s meeting with local politicians, the EFL has provided a further clear statement to Quantuma of its position on the application of the Insolvency Policy, so as to enable them to apply to the High Court or engage in Arbitration to have that issue determined. It is now for the Administrators to determine how they wish to move this matter forward and we remain willing to expedite any process, as necessary.   

The fact remains that the Club is suffering from critical legacy debt issues that reach into tens of millions, all of which need to be resolved if a solution is to be found. That also includes monies owed to HMRC and the loans from MSD secured against Club assets and the Stadium. 

The EFL has previously requested mediation between the two Clubs and the Administrators and is today inviting all relevant and associated parties involved to enter formal collaborative negotiations to actively seek out the compromises and solutions required to ensure that Derby County has a long-term future. 

For the avoidance of any doubt the EFL is requesting the attendance of Administrators and the following stakeholders to participate: the current highest bidder(s), Middlesbrough FC, Wycombe Wanderers FC, Mel Morris, MSD Partners and HMRC. 

The EFL will endeavour to provide updates on any progress achieved as a result of this request and any subsequent discussions in due course, whilst also continuing to maintain our commitment to transparency in our dealings with the politicians and local authority officials that make up ‘Team Derby’ alongside direct engagement with Derby County Supporters’ groups and the FSA.

Boro have responded to this. Have to say all this correspondence by public statement is pretty hilarious.

Middlesbrough FC has welcomed the statement from the EFL, who have requested a meeting with the administrators of Derby County and the following stakeholders: the current highest bidder(s), Middlesbrough FC, Wycombe Wanderers FC, Mel Morris, MSD Partners and HMRC.

MFC is available to attend any meeting, wherever or whenever this may be, just as we always have been.

MFC has always maintained that its claim against Derby County is a football related debt and that it should be treated as such. MFC welcomes the EFL’s confirmation that it shares this view. If the administrators believe that the EFL are not entitled to take this stance, MFC has offered to refer the matter to a judge to decide.

The administrators were appointed in September but have consistently refused to engage with MFC’s attempts to engage with them to reach a resolution. There are several letters from us which the administrators have ignored. MFC is extremely disappointed that this administration has not been concluded successfully and that the administrators have, instead, through the media, continuously sought to make scurrilous and unfounded suggestions that it is the claims of our club and Wycombe, and the EFL, that are preventing a successful outcome. It is not true and these statements are deeply unfair, not only to our club, but also to the Derby County supporters who deserve better.

There has been no suggestion that the administrators have reached an agreement with Derby County’s other main creditors. We believe that the administrators have a duty to the public to answer the questions we asked in our open letter of 20 January 2022. MFC understands that the debt owed to MSD is (i) personally guaranteed by Mr Morris and (ii) is secured against the stadium. This means that Mr Morris has agreed to pay the MSD debt if there is a shortfall. Is this correct? And, if so, what contribution is being sought from Mr Morris?

A significant focus of MFC’s claim against Derby County relates to the sale of Derby County’s stadium and the belief that it was done in a way which manipulated the Profit and Sustainability Rules. The same transaction is now a material reason why the administration cannot be resolved. MFC, and many other stakeholders in football, do not understand why the administrator refuses to acknowledge this problem and, instead, chooses to unfairly blame us, Wycombe and the EFL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I gave him the benefit thinking he might be acting for the supporters club to get in early to prevent some smart doing likewise. As you say the name itself wont be worth much even to those who might wish to use it.

I wonder if I should register a domain name that might make me a few quid down the line??

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Two more lines.

In the event of liquidation, at least according to Nixon a couple of weeks back the EFL have suggested that they could start at League Two level- which would raise a lot of questions about preferential treatment.

I'd be intrigued to know how many of the other 71 clubs would approve of this.

Secondly saw this elsewhere, what do we make of this?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13892993/filing-history

Very entrepreneurial! 

16 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

What like www.bristolroversfcmemorialarchive.co.uk ?

Not so much!

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Boro have responded to this. Have to say all this correspondence by public statement is pretty hilarious.

Middlesbrough FC has welcomed the statement from the EFL, who have requested a meeting with the administrators of Derby County and the following stakeholders: the current highest bidder(s), Middlesbrough FC, Wycombe Wanderers FC, Mel Morris, MSD Partners and HMRC.

MFC is available to attend any meeting, wherever or whenever this may be, just as we always have been.

MFC has always maintained that its claim against Derby County is a football related debt and that it should be treated as such. MFC welcomes the EFL’s confirmation that it shares this view. If the administrators believe that the EFL are not entitled to take this stance, MFC has offered to refer the matter to a judge to decide.

The administrators were appointed in September but have consistently refused to engage with MFC’s attempts to engage with them to reach a resolution. There are several letters from us which the administrators have ignored. MFC is extremely disappointed that this administration has not been concluded successfully and that the administrators have, instead, through the media, continuously sought to make scurrilous and unfounded suggestions that it is the claims of our club and Wycombe, and the EFL, that are preventing a successful outcome. It is not true and these statements are deeply unfair, not only to our club, but also to the Derby County supporters who deserve better.

There has been no suggestion that the administrators have reached an agreement with Derby County’s other main creditors. We believe that the administrators have a duty to the public to answer the questions we asked in our open letter of 20 January 2022. MFC understands that the debt owed to MSD is (i) personally guaranteed by Mr Morris and (ii) is secured against the stadium. This means that Mr Morris has agreed to pay the MSD debt if there is a shortfall. Is this correct? And, if so, what contribution is being sought from Mr Morris?

A significant focus of MFC’s claim against Derby County relates to the sale of Derby County’s stadium and the belief that it was done in a way which manipulated the Profit and Sustainability Rules. The same transaction is now a material reason why the administration cannot be resolved. MFC, and many other stakeholders in football, do not understand why the administrator refuses to acknowledge this problem and, instead, chooses to unfairly blame us, Wycombe and the EFL.

What a fantastic statement

The Derby fans need to wake up they are throwing their anger on the wrong direction

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

What a fantastic statement

The Derby fans need to wake up they are throwing their anger on the wrong direction

Ballsy isn't it? Admins have to respond to that surely. And they have to do it in public as well I'd have thought. You can't let these kind of allegations against your professional character linger in the air without answer. 

I guess Q could argue that as Boro aren't creditors under insolvency law (only under the EFL's interpretation of its rules, and even then only as 'Football Creditors') or shareholders they can be ignored...but in reality that's missing the point. Interesting claim that MFC have 'offered to refer it to a judge'. I take that to mean that MFC have decided that offers to arbitrate have been rejected/ignored to the point that court is the only option. In court, IIRC, a judge will look poorly upon the party that frustrates arbitration, especially if the judge thinks that the matter is something that could or should have been settled out of court. If there's one thing judges hate, it's having to hear unnecessary cases that block them from nipping to the White Swan for a Friday lunch.

It all comes back to this point about Derby having to abide by the extra layer of rules that the EFL lays against member clubs. Every problem comes back to that issue. Until either the Admins accept that they are bound by those rules, or the EFL decide to exempt Derby from the application of them, there will be no solution and liquidation is the final destination.

26 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ballsy isn't it? Admins have to respond to that surely. And they have to do it in public as well I'd have thought. You can't let these kind of allegations against your professional character linger in the air without answer. 

Nah, no need. Vanishing Mel has broke cover and done it on their behalf.

No idea where to start or finish with it all. 

6 minutes ago, Derby_Ram said:

Seems as though I have to sign up to Twitter to read that in detail. But I gather he has offered out Boro (and Wycombe) to sue him personally in the courts in place of their current actions against DCFC.

That seems...bold.

Edited by ExiledAjax

6 minutes ago, Derby_Ram said:

Mel Morris isn't the plaintiff, the only way Morris can settle this is if he takes over Derby County,

Middlesbrough's issue is with dcfc not mm,

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Seems as though I have to sign up to Twitter to read that in detail. But I gather he has offered out Boro (and Wycombe) to sue him personally in the courts in place of their current actions against DCFC.

That seems...bold.

Bold....is one word. Finally coming out of the woodwork and seemingly offering a solution to this impasse.

Now if only he'd settle his tax bill and pay the other creditors I could be happy.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Mel Morris isn't the plaintiff, the only way Morris can settle this is if he takes over Derby County,

Exactly, he's posturing - again. Perhaps he will regain his heroic genius status with Derby fans as a result (they are an extraordinarily gullible lot) but this does not offer a resolution of the claims. The EFL has invited him to a meeting with all parties so why not just attend and make constructive proposals? Likewise the Administrators.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Yeh my immediate thought was that unless Boro/Wycombe's legal advisors believe that MM is someone that they can duly sue for the matters they are suing Derby County for then they will ignore this offering from MM.

My second thought is that the basis for the current claims is, if I understand it correctly, that DCFC cheated, gained competitive advantage from that cheating, and in doing so caused loss to Boro (and Wycombe). If that is the case then if they go after MM personally wouldn't either MM have to accept that he was the main cause of that cheating, or Boro (and Wycombe) would need to prove that. 

Highlights:

• He claims Wycombe haven't actually made a formal claim yet;
  • He makes a less-than-veiled threat to sue QPR should the Boro claim be upheld;
  • He decides to choose this point to raise the question of the 'legality' of Parachute Payments - valid criticisms are made of that system, but really Melvyn, choose your moment;
  • A garbled paragraph about promoted teams being protected by the Prem;
  • The airing of some personal grievances regarding his past interactions with the EFL and its disciplinary proceedings;
  • Typos and errors galore, and he's not even fully justified the text FFS. How on earth can we take this seriously?

Honestly, there's some interesting stuff in there, but I am absolutely filing this in a special place in the cabinet labelled "EFL Chairmen making long-winded and possibly wine-fueled written statements without proofreading their work or getting their lawyer to review it."

I suspect Gibson is currently using a copy of this statement in the smallest room in his house.

PS. These replies to Keiran Maguire's tweet made I laugh. 

image.png.e76f7618dbcfe8f6cbec7265b9b208da.png

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Two more lines.

In the event of liquidation, at least according to Nixon a couple of weeks back the EFL have suggested that they could start at League Two level- which would raise a lot of questions about preferential treatment.

I'd be intrigued to know how many of the other 71 clubs would approve of this.

Secondly saw this elsewhere, what do we make of this?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13892993/filing-history

I can imagine at least 24 clubs would be against it….those in Lg2!

21 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Lot of Derby fans showing true colours again tonight @DerbyFan, re-starting their Mel Morris messiah stuff again, saying that he’s called their bluff.  Like you say, I bet it’s not as simple as they suggest!

Not sure Boro’s comms we’re very good either.

Getting messier and messier by the day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh my immediate thought was that unless Boro/Wycombe's legal advisors believe that MM is someone that they can duly sue for the matters they are suing Derby County for then they will ignore this offering from MM.

My second thought is that the basis for the current claims is, if I understand it correctly, that DCFC cheated, gained competitive advantage from that cheating, and in doing so caused loss to Boro (and Wycombe). If that is the case then if they go after MM personally wouldn't either MM have to accept that he was the main cause of that cheating, or Boro (and Wycombe) would need to prove that. 

Highlights:

• He claims Wycombe haven't actually made a formal claim yet;
  • He makes a less-than-veiled threat to sue QPR should the Boro claim be upheld;
  • He decides to choose this point to raise the question of the 'legality' of Parachute Payments - valid criticisms are made of that system, but really Melvyn, choose your moment;
  • A garbled paragraph about promoted teams being protected by the Prem;
  • The airing of some personal grievances regarding his past interactions with the EFL and its disciplinary proceedings;
  • Typos and errors galore, and he's not even fully justified the text FFS. How on earth can we take this seriously?

Honestly, there's some interesting stuff in there, but I am absolutely filing this in a special place in the cabinet labelled "EFL Chairmen making long-winded and possibly wine-fueled written statements without proofreading their work or getting their lawyer to review it."

I suspect Gibson is currently using a copy of this statement in the smallest room in his house.

PS. These replies to Keiran Maguire's tweet made I laugh. 

image.png.e76f7618dbcfe8f6cbec7265b9b208da.png

Would he be better to guarantee / underwrite this on Derby’s behalf?  To me sounds like he thinks he being clever, knowing that Boro and WW won’t change who they are after compo from, I.e. it’s just posturing to make himself look good (again).  If he did underwrite it, then surely the bidders can bid with full knowledge of the cost?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Would he be better to guarantee / underwrite this on Derby’s behalf?  To me sounds like he thinks he being clever, knowing that Boro and WW won’t change who they are after compo from, I.e. it’s just posturing to make himself look good (again).  If he did underwrite it, then surely the bidders can bid with full knowledge of the cost?

You mean as was discussed on here maybe 40 pages ago? Yeh I'd think that would be the grown up solution to the problem. But privately offering a guarantee/indemnity/underwrite (however it was finally structured and termed) to the bidders removes the chance to publically rage against the EFL doesn't it.

He's metaphorically stood up in the middle of a bar, pointed at Rick Parry and yelled "Parry! You, me, outside. Now". He doesn't get to do that, nor does he get some DCFC fans back on side (unbelievably), by supporting the actual legal process that is already underway.

Yeh, when is it best to make over-the-top promises and offers? When you know that no one will ask you to follow through on them!

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That's exactly what I meant by posturing in my post too. Make it look like he's riding to the rescue, get Derby fans worshipping him again, while knowing he is not in reality personally exposed.

Just pay off the debts you accumulated Mel and **** off. They'll put a statue of you next to Wayne's then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Unbelievably, there's a report that someone has commissioned a statue of Rooney to be placed outside PP.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-wayne-rooney-statue-6601095

"It has now been revealed that a statue of Rooney has been commissioned to immortalise the ‘spirit’ that the Derby boss has shown.

“The last four months, the spirit he has shown, it’s gone throughout the team the club, the supporters, the City and all of the community,” Garry McBride, whose idea it was told BBC Radio Derby.

Rooney also revealed last week that he turned down the chance to interview for the ten [sic] vacant managerial position at former club Everton.

It’s [Rooney 'turning down' Everton] another thing that shows the ‘measure of the man’, according to McBride.

It is hoped that the bronze bust, which will be finished by the end of the season, will be placed at the side of Pride Park."

I cannot actually believe that this is a serious suggestion. How Rooney is coming out of this so exalted and glorified I will never understand.

Did Rooney shag your gran or something?

17 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Dear me, largely rambling gibberish with no substantive arguments addressing the issues just more conspiracy thinking. I am inclined to repeat my original description of posturing.

The sections on parachute payments are of course irrelevant to the case but he seems not to know that the EFL cannot unilaterally change them without Premier League agreement. That level of ignorance from a former club owner rather undermines his credibility.

As does his written English - Grade C must try harder. ?

• Like 1

So given that confrontational statements are the order of the day - you've now even got the Derby Supporters' clubs demanding an apology from Morris - might be warranted but the timing is tragic - who is working in the background to try and sort this out - looks like no one - so it won't ever get sorted.