IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

3 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

how does the Fammy deal make us look?

A lot better than Derby.

Marriott scored 9 in 69 league games for them, 17 in 86 overall.

Diedhiou scored 46 in 154 in the league for us, 51 in 169 overall.

Marriott had a worse than 1 in 7 rate in the league, worse than 1 in 5 overall.

Diedhiou had a rate of just under 1 in 3 boht in the league and overall.

So we got far more value out of him, in both appearances and goals scored.

• Like 4

Just got in and seen the news. 

Hopefully the Embargo will remain in play between now and August 18th. The revision of this 3 year period will also impact what went before and after, hopefully the EFL continue to keep maximum pressure irrespective of ownership.

Statement and Written Reasons below.

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/july/efl-statement-derby-county-sanction

• Like 1

Shambles they haven’t been relegated now but hopefully a huge points deduction is provided for the coming season, the transfer embargo continues and they go into the season with only 13 contracted senior players, no centre backs  and a minus 20 point start so relegation beckons anyway

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chinapig said:

More a case of "it's Wayne Rooney's Derby County so of course we have to go easy on them. Now if it was Wycombe ..."

Or Wigan. Or Bury. Or Bolton. Or Macclesfield. Wednesday got bitchslapped with points lost a season too late, I wonder if they won't touch Derby after the fine after all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Or Wigan. Or Bury. Or Bolton. Or Macclesfield. Wednesday got bitchslapped with points lost a season too late, I wonder if they won't touch Derby after the fine after all.

If Parry is anything like his predecessor Harvey he will already be advising Derby how to finesse their revised accounts so they look like they didn't breach FFP.

Message to the harder of thinking and triumphalist among Derby fans.

1) You appear to be still under Embargo and rightly so.

2) I've read those Written Reasons. My supposition is the EFL will not accept any method of Amortisation that deviates from their method. If the dispute remains then so too should Embargo conditions

3) Your claims that Embargo should be a mitigating factor. I assumed it was just FFP and the wage hitch in January but it appears that the club had missed transfer instalments and had missed HMRC payments.

4) Quite rightly, your Club should be ineligible for the HMRC PAYE Loan. Clubs who breach Regulations seem to be ineligible.

5) Of further interest was the snippet whereby the Club claimed Reputational Damage and Harm to Investment Opportunities.

6) In terms of Points 3 and 5, these claims for mitigation were rightly dismissed, because Point 3 was within the Regulations, wholly separate to the matter at hand and in the case of both Points 3 and 5, the Club have brought everything on themselves through their actions so it's a red herring of sorts.

An intriguing claim is that the Profit on Pride Park can be revised upwards. If this isn't the difference between the £74.4m and £81.1m...can't see EFL accepting it- if this is the case then I'd argue that the EFL should take up the Rental and Days Use issue.

Pondering a trip to Pride Park next season with the mates, certainly a Ground I haven't done...

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Flames 1

PS, just so you're aware, the sale and reincorporation of Pride Park into the Group or a new Group as part of a takeover, could yet constitute an FFP issue. I expect the EFL to do anything and everything in their power where required.

Just slap Regulation 16.20 on indefinitely until such time as they prove they can be trusted.

At this time, I care not whether the EFL achieve aims via fair means or foul, the ends very much justify the means.

I would also suggest that on Receipt of the Restated Accounts and P&S, that the EFL should really take a lot of time over it, really make sure no mistakes made- wonder if it can be taken up to the start of September...Embargo remains.

...Or, failing that, if the Accounts are not in the method that the EFL would like, they should refuse to accept or send them back- naturally with the accompanying Embargo remaining in the intervening periods.

Derby enters the EFL entrance exam.

The EFL tell them the questions, but Derby still fails.

The EFL give them hints as to the correct answers, but Derby still fails.

The EFL give them the answers and Derby still fails.

The EFL tell Derby to give them the paper and they will fill in the correct answers for them.

Derby passes.

Q.E.D.

:grr:

Edited by downendcity
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Is anybody actually surprised at this outcome ?

I reckon it suits the EFL. Does anybody really believe they wanted to relegate Derby? A bit of posturing to look tough then a big sigh of relief from Parry I suspect.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Derby enters the EFL entrance exam.

The EFL tell them the questions, but Derby still fails.

The EFL give them hints as to the correct answers, but Derby still fails.

The EFL give them the answers and Derby still fails.

The EFL tell Derby to give them the paper and they will fill in the correct answers for them.

Derby passes.

Q.E.D.

:grr:

In fairness I think the EFL have pushed hard here….but legally they can only do so much until they see restated accounts.  That’s when the fun and games will start.  Fat Lady hasn’t even been born yet!

• Like 1

:laugh:, some amusing reading on that DCFCFans site tonight- don't like me very much- good!

image.thumb.png.331eecd655802b85ef18fcc4c46ba31c.png

Rambalin is the halfwit I referred to before, but not upset at all as I know shit is still potentially down the track- and furthermore, I read in full the Written Reasons and it definitely referred to HMRC payments- it's hard to keep up as to where grounds for one embargo stops and grounds for another begins! ? Not actually upset at all, good match between Belgium and Italy.

You could try it GoC but I expect the EFL not to accept anything other than Straight Line or Straight Line with Extension. Tells me that it could be Embargo time again, in theory. Unless I am misunderstanding your point but I expect the EFL will be insistent IMO that it's their methodology and only their methodology.

image.thumb.png.de914b6f81b71d9f3cef5f079f736088.png

Nose to spite face springs to mind- EFL don't accept, Embargo time returns/remains!

image.thumb.png.5b1fe4b9bd89efdf076d6980f7bbc85a.png

Feeling is mutual, but know-nothing nob'eads is a good look in the mirror tbh, given some of the rubbish posted between Jan 2020 and now on your site...all that bollocks about vendetta, EFL being graceless and so on- never seen such a bunch of charmless nerks as Fletch off Porridge might say- how I laughed at the theory that a) the Embargoes and b) The so-called damage to Business and Reputational Prospects could constitute mitigating factors.

image.png

Now in fairness, I intend not to tarnish all Derby fans with the same brush. I generally have seen the discussions with @DerbyFan and @AnotherDerbyFan as good ones but that site- well what can one say.

However, for a more balanced perspective from some DCFC fans...away from that forum some sensible and more even-handed ones do appear to exist.

I believe Mr. Redfern to be particularly decently informed on matters, from what I've read in general.

Another good thread- references the claim to a new attempted Amortisation method....EFL will pushback for certain if they try it, just keep applying that Regulation 16.20.

Plus another.

Very interesting Tweet by Kieran Maguire...

Seems to suggest that the £30m from the Revaluation Reserve could bolster the Profit on Pride Park by, er, up to £30m??

How about remain under Embargo while disputing it- that would stop them spending any of it, although surely the Sevco 5112 Limited Accounts more relevant for P&S purposes

This article suggests there could even be a switch after the season starts….https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/crazy-fixture-scenario-derby-wycombe-24426643?fbclid=IwAR3LOX_JSuzfJJR2FkON9mpMZH07OV4vfKbXKaJGAMwqgKK04nOet6yAdfk

Whereas this EFL statement concludes with saying the fixtures as published will stand: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/07/efl-statement-derby-county-sanction-written-reasons

TBH I have no idea if this saga is now done and dusted or not! 

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

This article suggests there could even be a switch after the season starts….https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/crazy-fixture-scenario-derby-wycombe-24426643?fbclid=IwAR3LOX_JSuzfJJR2FkON9mpMZH07OV4vfKbXKaJGAMwqgKK04nOet6yAdfk

Whereas this EFL statement concludes with saying the fixtures as published will stand: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/07/efl-statement-derby-county-sanction-written-reasons

Nothing will happen now with respect to 20-21 season.  If they fail FFP when accounts are re-stated in August then we can expect to see points deduction for this season.  Those points deductions might be covering more than one period I guess.

Hope they are under embargo until then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Doesn't the Mirror piece predate the EFL statement?

The latter roughly translates as "phew, we don't have to relegate Derby and our lawyers have given us cover so we can pretend we would have been tough without actually doing anything".

When the revised accounts are in my money's on a 6 point deduction (if any) reduced to 3 on appeal. Possibly agreed in advance with Derby.

• Like 1

Let's face the legal process has made a complete mockery of the Derby case legal loopholes have once again allowed a team to get away with bending the rules. The sooner we get a fair and just playing field regarding financial matters in the football the better it has been shown that FFP rules do not work !

Parachute payments need to be scrapped as we are rewarding failure use the money wasted on this to increase winning pots for successful teams that win promotion from the lower leagues

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

Let's face the legal process has made a complete mockery of the Derby case legal loopholes have once again allowed a team to get away with bending the rules. The sooner we get a fair and just playing field regarding financial matters in the football the better it has been shown that FFP rules do not work !

Parachute payments need to be scrapped as we are rewarding failure use the money wasted on this to increase winning pots for successful teams that win promotion from the lower leagues

Don't worry, the 'fan led' review (the one with precisely one fan representative) will sort it out. As long as it does what the big Premier League clubs want.