IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So the Administration Team will be in effect selling the club as a League One club.  There’s little chance they’d get enough points (say 70) to offset a 21 point deduction.  The aim of any new owners will be to either try to get enough points to avoid minus 12 being carried into next season next season, so probably still need circa 60 points.  Tough ask.

Are you sure the 12 points could be carried over? That only appears to be possible if the deduction happens after the fourth Thursday in March from my reading of the EFL regulations.

EFL_admin.png

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`ve just had a look on their forum and to their credit most of the posters know exactly where the blame lies and it`s not with the EFL.

They've changed their tune then, until now it's been an evil conspiracy against their poor little club/giant of the game.*

*delete as appropriate.

7 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Are you sure the 12 points could be carried over? That only appears to be possible if the deduction happens after the fourth Thursday in March from my reading of the EFL regulations.

EFL_admin.png

Yes, someone corrected me re that.  Thanks.

So basically Mel thinks the best way of selling is to take a 21 point deduction so whoever takes over will know they are taking on a League One club with no pending points deduction.  Bet the fans don’t love him anymore!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Personally I take no pleasure in news like this. The fans aren’t at fault at all and it’s them that suffers the most. 

In the spirit of fair competition, they cheated the rules.  they got found out.  Of course I feel for the fans, not as much as Wycombe fans though.  But I have great pleasure that the cheating club will get their just desserts eventually through the EFL charges when they get put through.  Even through this Morris is trying to play the game by adding administration in because he knows 9 points might be tough to overcome.

• Flames 3

Reminds me a bit of Luton Town years ago.

Didn't they get hit with -30 point deduction in L2.

Only just missed out from being relegated to non league by a couple of points as well.

With no salary cap in operation. Maybe L1 is the best place for Derby to sort their finances out.

It certainly looks like it's worked out for Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bolton and others. They've all been able to find new owners a lot easier away from the rigours of FFP.

Very difficult in the championship to get yourself out, if you're in a financial hole.

I'm sure they'll be back in the next few seasons, financially refreshed again.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Reminds me a bit of Luton Town years ago.

Didn't they get hit with -30 point deduction in L2.

Only just missed out from being relegated to non league by a couple of points as well.

With no salary cap in operation. Maybe L1 is the best place for Derby to sort their finances out.

It certainly looks like it's worked out for Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bolton and others. They've all been able to find new owners a lot easier away from the rigours of FFP.

Very difficult in the championship to get yourself out, if you're in a financial hole.

I'm sure they'll be back in the next few seasons, financially refreshed again.

Yep, definitely Lg1 is the place to be with new owners, with different FFP rules to the Champ.

7 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

no fan deserves to lose their club

In which case don't act as cheerleaders for a cheating owner as he puts your club in danger. I might have some sympathy if they had protested as Morris tried every trick in the book to cheat FFP but instead they thought it was all terribly clever and funny.

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 7
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In the spirit of fair competition, they cheated the rules.  they got found out.  Of course I feel for the fans, not as much as Wycombe fans though.  But I have great pleasure that the cheating club will get their just desserts eventually through the EFL charges when they get put through.  Even through this Morris is trying to play the game by adding administration in because he knows 9 points might be tough to overcome.

Exactly. **** um 

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Personally I take no pleasure in news like this. The fans aren’t at fault at all and it’s them that suffers the most. 

I agree its rough on the fans the only thing is most of there fans didn't seem to have a problem with it and even now seem to be in complete denial. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, just seen that….

I didn’t know Administration came with a transfer embargo too.  Not heard that before.  Guessing Wigan only signed free transfers due to “senior players” rules?

Tbf derby signed Jagielka, Baldock, Morrison, Davies and I think one other because they didn't have any players basically and those are all under EFL agreed terms.

EFL Statement:

With confirmation from Derby County Football Club that they have filed a notice of intention to appoint administrators, the EFL can tonight confirm that the Club will be subject to an insolvency event under the terms of the EFL’s Regulations.

As a result, the Club faces a 12-point deduction. 

Once the EFL has received formal notification of the application, the deduction will be applied. 

The EFL will in due course engage in discussions with the relevant parties with the aim of achieving a successful outcome for the long-term future for the Club.

The League is disappointed with the comments made by the Club in respect of COVID lending facilities. The EFL entered into a debt raise to provide its Clubs with access to funds that would support them in dealing with the impact of COVID and, as with any loan, this was subject to a timeframe and eligibility criteria which Derby County was unable to meet.

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/september/efl-statement-derby-county2

1 hour ago, Marco the red said:

-12 for administration and potential additional-9 for efl breaches? Any ideas.

An additional -9 for changing their name from Frank Lampard’s Derby County to Wayne Rooney’s Derby County.

• Haha 9