IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

14 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

'..last season'...what season that? Could be it's a much lower percentage than most clubs, depending upon which period the ground sale actually fell in, as opposed to what Morris stated.

I thought Derby County FC LTD only filed accounts to the period end June 2018 at Companies House. That the accounts to June 2019 are overdue by 15 months, surely fans must have cottoned-on to what's been happening?

Forget the fiction filed with the EFL, let's see what Morris' latest version of events comes up with.

Erm... last season being 20/21...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Are Derby going to survive this is the question? 

50/50 chance of Liquidation according to some sources!

In which case someone will pick them up for a nominal amount and the FA will let them continue under a different name like FC Derby. 

• Hmmm 2

5 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Are Derby going to survive this is the question? 

50/50 chance of Liquidation according to some sources!

I'll be honest I haven't dug into the weeds of Derby's problems, but just read they owe 26 million to HMRC.  That's an extraordinary sum - people should be going to jail for that. Oh, and thats our (the publics) money they owe. 

Edited by cityloyal473

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

I'll be honest I haven't dug into the weeds of Derby's problems, but just read they owe 26 million to HMRC.  That's an extraordinary sum - people should be going to jail for that. Oh, and thats our (the publics) money they owe. 

Yep, I read £30m to HMRC plus £20m to Michael Dell, so best part of £50m before any new owner starts!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

In which case someone will pick them up for a nominal amount and the FA will let them continue under a different name like FC Derby. 

Wonder if it be Wayne Rooney’s FC Derby?

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

If they need 50 points to avoid relegation, they need 52 from 38 games.  The small squad is quite old in some positions, inexperienced in others, and injuries (if they come) will impact them hugely….let alone fatigue.  Think Baldock is only contracted until January, so doubt an administrator will want to re-sign.

So, I guess they could get those points, although unlikely.  Add another 9 points to the 12 and they need 61 / 38.  Not gonna happen.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

If they need 50 points to avoid relegation, they need 52 from 38 games.  The small squad is quite old in some positions, inexperienced in others, and injuries (if they come) will impact them hugely….let alone fatigue.  Think Baldock is only contracted until January, so doubt an administrator will want to re-sign.

So, I guess they could get those points, although unlikely.  Add another 9 points to the 12 and they need 61 / 38.  Not gonna happen.

If its just the 12 points I'd fancy a wager at the bookies on them staying up.  if its 21 points forget it, they're down and they can start printing 'we're on a league one tour' t-shirts. 

5 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

If its just the 12 points I'd fancy a wager at the bookies on them staying up.  if its 21 points forget it, they're down and they can start printing 'we're on a league one tour' t-shirts. 

I'd hold fire on the printing for now, there's a decent chance they'll be an historical footnote within the next few months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh no. Deducted 12 points? Bottom of the table? Anyway....

The only things wrong with this is they should be in L1 already anyway and with more points deduction to follow.

Been dodgy as f@ck for years. Mel Morris and his boardroom cronies have been caught out. They made the gamble and it failed. Then tried to cover it up and it failed.

Some have said they feel sorry for the fans. I may have some sympathy for the ones that sees this for what it is i.e. cheating. The others (some of which have been on this forum) are not much better than Morris himself. See you later and good riddance.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, AnotherDerbyFan said:

I'd have to listen back, but I thought he said something along the lines of the EFLs version of the restated accounts showed an overspend equating to 4 points?

Are you lot still blaming Brighton fan Kieran McGuire for the fact that you can't keep your own books in order?  You know, for having the temerity to point out that your club were cheating blatantly?

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Prior to the -12 they were on 10 points from 8 games. 1.25 ppg. Keep that up and they would get another 47.5 points from the remaining 38 games (lets be generous and round that up to 48). Sees them finish on 46, and likely relegated. As you say, a further -9 and they're done.

They need to improve their early form if they are to survive. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Prior to the -12 they were on 10 points from 8 games. 1.25 ppg. Keep that up and they would get another 47.5 points from the remaining 38 games (lets be generous and round that up to 48). Sees them finish on 46, and likely relegated. As you say, a further -9 and they're done.

They need to improve their early form if they are to survive. 

Lets just hope whatever points they finish on they get relegated. If they do stay up, the fans will be even more difficult to tolerate than they have been for many a year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Lets just hope whatever points they finish on they get relegated. If they do stay up, the fans will be even more difficult to tolerate than they have been for many a year.

Agreed.

Sheff Wed came close to pulling it off last season but couldn't quite do it, same with Wigan the season before. Note as well that Derby themselves survived finishing on only 44 points last season, so 50 is not the be all and end all (a bit like 40 points in the Prem - it all but guarantees safety, but in most years you can survive with fewer points).

In a way it would be a shame if Reading join them down there with their own -12 deduction. Being down there alone almost guarantees relegation but every club that joins them increases the chance that one will survive.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Agreed.

Sheff Wed came close to pulling it off last season but couldn't quite do it. Note as well that Derby themselves survived finishing on only 44 points last season, so 50 is not the be all and end all (a bit like 40 points in the Prem - it all but guarantees safety, but in most years you can survive with fewer points).

In a way it would be a shame if Reading join them down there with their own -12 deduction. Being down there alone almost guarantees relegation but every club that joins them increases the chance that one will survive.

Also agreed.

If Reading end up with the same punishment could they also employ some delaying tactics to carry it over to next season or a time more convenient for them? I know, I'm a cynical old ****t but just wondering.

9 hours ago, AnotherDerbyFan said:

Erm... last season being 20/21...

6 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

But you compared to the previous years figures and, er, we don't know what they were as they aren't yet at Companies House.

Hint: neither are the accounts for the year before that! 

Do catch up.

Exactly!

Most Derby County supporters are so confused they don’t know where they are with accounts or anything to do with the current board.

Many just want to argue the position of MM, that it’s all the EFL (Bastards) and a cabal of deep state football chairman headed by Lansdown and Gibbo that are directing an operation to wreck Derby from under a pizza parlor in Nottingham. Delusional but as a conspiracy it’s worked before! 

Years of this ineptitude, but it’s all everyone else fault, for a good deal it seems on their website. I get denial is a stage of grief but it’s time now. As has been mentioned the corporate veil has been pierced by the action of going into administration. So the laggards will in time actually be shown what’s gone on with the club and grounds etc. 

The issue is, is Derby a big enough name for someone to come in and buy them and how much is the ground worth as the club without ground vice versa are limited value. I hope for the sake of the sane Derby fans a solution can be found that doesn’t lead to Division 4 of The Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Border League. Watch this space!

Percy said between -6 and -9 for Reading.

9 hours ago, AnotherDerbyFan said:

I'd have to listen back, but I thought he said something along the lines of the EFLs version of the restated accounts showed an overspend equating to 4 points?

Restated accounts to 2018 show an overspend equating to 4 points I thought it was.

He didn't mention 2019- ironically your own figures showed a notable improvement after 2019 compared to what it would have been otherwise in terms of the amortisation.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Still trying to grasp and wangle their way out, some fans still of that mindset...

Erm, I can't see the EFL accepting that!! How do you give away for free as part of a deal, a stadium that a) 'Sold' for £81.1m in 2018 and b) Has a lease of, can't recall but it's either 20-25 years. The annual rent is about £3m too low as well possibly.

Football Creditors had to be paid in full I thought? HMRC less clearcut.