IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

On 18/11/2021 at 10:51, AnotherDerbyFan said:

Stoke and Blackburn would have been where my money went - but both are above Preston ?‍♂️

Blackburn, I've always thought they're on the cusp but the right side of the line. Although selling Armstrong absolutely will have helped. I have my questions about the training ground sale and leaseback, group 

Stoke, think they have to be the next big candidates.

Had a quick look at the Statement of Affairs for the Club, Sevco and Gellaw Newco 203. Pretty limited information all told.

No reference to Middlesbrough or Wycombe's claims. Think it said Middlesbrough due £500 or something, but the actual mooted claims have they been ignored?

I've seen other statements of affairs that have stated a basic profit and loss for the last few years. Not this one! Unsure even what their current running costs are though haven't looked in depth.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Blackburn, I've always thought they're on the cusp but the right side of the line. Although selling Armstrong absolutely will have helped. I have my questions about the training ground sale and leaseback, group 

Stoke, think they have to be the next big candidates.

Blackburn look to be OK - as you say, Stoke could be next……sense Cardiff not far behind too

18 minutes ago, Hxj said:

Morris is owed £123 million.

Stadium debt of £75 million doesn't appear, so repaid.

Crikey, £123m?!

I imagine Derby fans will expect him to write it off as penance but I doubt he is in any position to do so.

Talk about hero to zero. You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh.

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

With debts of that size, liquidation must be a possibility.

Lot of money for a Lg1 club isn’t it?

How much do think (realistically) someone would have to pay to buy them (and satisfy creditors).

Man City are on the list of creditors…they are owed £10.  Yes you read that correctly.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

How much do think (realistically) someone would have to pay to buy them (and satisfy creditors).

Man City are on the list of creditors…they are owed £10.  Yes you read that correctly.

If a new owner is to take on the debts surely they would expect to buy for a nominal sum?

Though it is complicated by there being 6 companies involved.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The club has zero value, the fact that the day one investment will be in the 10s of millions and that is before you buy the stadium off another company means only an idiot would entertain the idea.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My best guess at the moment is that the cash needed to fund the football club to repay everyone would be around £70 million, plus the costs of the Administration.  That assumes that the funds owing to connected companies are not paid.  Bear in mind that HMRC are in a position to block any CVA in respect of the Football Club, so if they follow their published practice that is what will have to happen.

The split between Morris and any purchaser would need to be agreed.

Something about a barge pole springs to mind.

Liquidation still looks like a real outcome.

Edited by Hxj

1 hour ago, Hxj said:

My best guess at the moment is that the cash needed to fund the football club to repay everyone would be around £70 million, plus the costs of the Administration.  That assumes that the funds owing to connected companies are not paid.  Bear in mind that HMRC are in a position to block any CVA in respect of the Football Club, so if they follow their published practice that is what will have to happen.

The split between Morris and any purchaser would need to be agreed.

Something about a barge pole springs to mind.

Liquidation still looks like a real outcome.

If liquidation is the outcome I wonder what the split regarding blame would be. EFL v Morris?

Oh and if Morris found the £75 million to pay for the stadium he has paid in £198 million, plus the £55 million he wrote off in Sevco 5113 in the corporate restructuring which saw the Stadium group formed.

And let's assume that he contributed £13 million a year in line with EFL requirements, he joined in August 2015, so that would be the 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons or another £78 million.

So that makes a loss of around £325 million.

To create a business worth nothing.

Edited by Hxj
  • Thanks 1

Two quick Derby notes.

One positive- some of their fans looking to raise the amount they owe to St John's Ambulance at the time of administration. I'm a big critic but some credit there...then again it's £8k so it should be easy but credit to those who contribute.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/stjohndcfc?

On an amusing note, I listened into Radio Derby last week and their phone in after the -9 for FFP confirmed along with not contesting the -12. About 45 mins in on Tuesday's episode there was a pillock named David. Felt "cheated", how I laughed...bewildered.

Strong shades of the joker who runs their site not seeing administration coming at all- might try and post the link later/tomorrow. It's on catchup anyway. Wonder if it was him!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

whether match day hospitality at Pride Park is home fans only

Any one can book as long as you go in disguise!  I was taken by a client about 10 years ago - we had a meeting at the Stadium and a tour beforehand - which given the state of Ashton Gate at the time was a revelation.

At the end of the tour we stood on the edge of the hallowed turf and got asked if we had any questions - "Where's the free bar mate?" was the response, luckily I was on the train and a taxi home!

• Thanks 1

On 22/11/2021 at 21:17, Hxj said:

Any one can book as long as you go in disguise!  I was taken by a client about 10 years ago - we had a meeting at the Stadium and a tour beforehand - which given the state of Ashton Gate at the time was a revelation.

At the end of the tour we stood on the edge of the hallowed turf and got asked if we had any questions - "Where's the free bar mate?" was the response, luckily I was on the train and a taxi home!

Haha would definitely be going in disguise given some of the posts about Derby! More sensibly, yeah whatever corporate area dresscode is, no display of alliegance etc.

This might interest us all. The usual q's and special pleading but in amongst it, reference to suspension of withdrawal of membership. Wasn't aware it was even on the table!?

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/efl-response-to-ramstrust-questions/

Question 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Haha would definitely be going in disguise given some of the posts about Derby! More sensibly, yeah whatever corporate area dresscode is, no display of alliegance etc.

This might interest us all. The usual q's and special pleading but in amongst it, reference to suspension of withdrawal of membership. Wasn't aware it was even on the table!?

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/efl-response-to-ramstrust-questions/

Question 1.

Yeh I saw that as well.

I wondered if it's automatically delivered upon entering administration? The EFL might feel they want the option to expel a club pretty quickly if an admin goes badly or liquidation becomes obvious. If they get the notice in straight away then the option is there ready to go. Might also explain why it's been withdrawn, as it seems the admin is going fairly smoothly.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh I saw that as well.

I wondered if it's automatically delivered upon entering administration? The EFL might feel they want the option to expel a club pretty quickly if an admin goes badly or liquidation becomes obvious. If they get the notice in straight away then the option is there ready to go. Might also explain why it's been withdrawn, as it seems the admin is going fairly smoothly.

Love the bit about not being able to play youngsters because that would mean they couldn’t get a free transfer in.  If Rooney thought they would’ve played normally, then why is looking at costlier players (albeit on free transfers)?  Cake an eat it.

• Like 1