IGNORED

Derby County

havanatopia

13 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I know fiendish bugger isn’t he! He even looks like Ernst Blofeld! 

(Let’s see how long that takes to be paraphrased on a certain forum)

The makers of James Bond once considered a villain who was a combination of Blofeld and Oddjob. 

They were going to call him Oddfeld............................

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I know fiendish bugger isn’t he! He even looks like Ernst Blofeld! 

(Let’s see how long that takes to be paraphrased on a certain forum)

I tried ( unsuccessfully) to upload video clip of Derby's Ninja fans attacking Mr Blofeldopolous's volcano base!

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I'm not sure Dundry can be called a mountain.

I live in Lincolnshire Fenland and relative to the local landscape here Dundry is Himalayan!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My slightly ranty digs aside last night, a few bits I don't understand- on their forum.

1. The prior insistence over there that it was the CLUB accounts in isolation that appeared to be the standard for P&S/FFP. Except of course from 2016/`17 onwards it was a) the consolidated or at least consolidation of the club, plus Club DCFC, Stadia DCFC and DCFC Academy that formed the basis.
  2. Strangely, there was a bit of a doubling down on it last year when ordered to restate- running with Kieran Maguire's £30m in extra losses, although he added them to the club rather than Sevco 5112 estimates for FFP losses which was an error on his part. It's patently obvious that for FFP/P&S you have to consolidate all component parts as a starting point and then subtract what is required thereafter.
  3. The lack of critique/discussion about their auditors. Granted they maybe wary of the risks of libel, defamation etc but their signing off was surely somewhat discredited by subsequent events. Not illegal but non compliant under FRS 102 all the same. Were Derby lead up the garden path by dint of their approval- or did Mel Morris (somehow) lead Mr. Delve and the other Mr. Delve up it?

Yes I took the proverbial a bit with my Rick Parry comments but he has brought a sense of order to the FFP situation in the Championship, and he has been high up in 3 major Governing bodies in a football context- UEFA, the Premier League and the Football League. Plus his time at Liverpool?

Would also be good in the discussion between Kieran Maguire and them if someone mentioned a) The fact that the amortisation would rack up in the end and as a result a potential crunch might arise at some point and b) The allegation made by the Football League that Derby sought to exclude a chunk of amortisation costs via the Gellaw Newco 203 impairment on acquisition...there was a whole separate case about it in the 2020/21 season.

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/873a8914e09740d3b3a8848131ea10b8/efl-v-derby-county---decision-on-new-evidence.pdf

Posted before, but proof as if it were needed, as to what a devious and cynical bunch Derby's hierarchy have been.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

13 hours ago, Barrieowl said:

Be interested in seeing what transfer restrictions they have to adhere to. 

We couldn't pay transfer fees or wages above a level cos of the prior rule breaks but surely Derby will be under even more stringent parameters given the administration aspects 

Good post and welcome. That's a good point, the administration aspect and FFP combined is quite a unique situation and one that deserves a tailor made solution.

My personal preference is something like...

• No transfer fees for 2-3 years.
  • No loan fees or highly limited loan fees for that too.
  • Similar with signing on fees.
  • Remuneration not exceeding £6k per week for a new signing- and the signing on fee if applicable would be included in this.
  • Same for new contracts of existing players who are set to expire.
  • Agents fees only a %- think Reading was 3% or 5%- of the wage cap.

Sure there was something else as well but this would give Derby something to work with but also uphold things and reflect the seriousness of their failings while upholding the interests of the League as a whole.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

42 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Good post and welcome. That's a good point, the administration aspect and FFP combined is quite a unique situation and one that deserves a tailor made solution.

My personal preference is something like...

Sure there was something else as well but this would give Derby something to work with but also uphold things and reflect the seriousness of their failings while upholding the interests of the League as a whole.

We paid 300k loan and wages for BPF,  waste of coin

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Maguire said the same a couple of weeks ago. Which is fine if they have met the conditions.

Yep, and as Mr P says, they might still be under severe embargo.

WR was very bullish that all the squad wanted to stay….the transfer rumours suggest otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks Dave. Even if the deal goes through tomorrow there is an awful lot here that should worry Derby fans as to how much money Kirchner actually has and in particular the power MSD has over the club.

The latter is a bit like Chelsea where the majority shareholder is Clearlake Capital not Ted Boehly - who has the real power there?

I can see more trouble coming down the track post takeover.

• Like 2

There is a slight part of the regulations I don't quite get. Perhaps it's easily explainable?

When under embargo, new signings and contract renewals are not necessarily permissible- especially under the administration embargo.

What about existing options being taken up though? Reported within the last week that both Byrne and Buchanan have had extra year options activated- due to expire this summer but now 2023 it is.

There seems to be nothing in the Embargo Service FAQs that covers this specific aspect- and unsure the EFL regs shed much light either but will look again.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There is a slight part of the regulations I don't quite get. Perhaps it's easily explainable?

When under embargo, new signings and contract renewals are not necessarily permissible- especially under the administration embargo.

What about existing options being taken up though? Reported within the last week that both Byrne and Buchanan have had extra year options activated- due to expire this summer but now 2023 it is.

There seems to be nothing in the Embargo Service FAQs that covers this specific aspect- and unsure the EFL regs shed much light either but will look again.

They must be within permitted wage limits. That’s the only reason I can give. Although I doubt any deals will be done until the sale has gone through. Both will be free to talk to other clubs on a Wednesday without needing permission from Derby. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Haven't been following this of late.

Is the deal done, has the stadium purchase been agreed and can Derby fans relax over the summer?

Due to be finalised tomorrow according to Kirchner. Posted this a couple of days ago. Haven't seen any details about the stadium, creditors and so on though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61605694

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Imminent ?

Must be Derby's word of 2022......or will it be their word of  2023...... or perhaps 2024..............................:whistle2: