IGNORED

Matty James - SIGNED - BCFC Twitter

GrahamC

5 hours ago, Johnr1986 said:

I’m slightly underwhelmed by this if true, agree we need a better option in CM but feel there is definitely better out there . 

Top end championship midfielder with much needed leadership, potential captain, great attitude and a promotion from this division under our manager.

Of course there is better out there, what a silly statement, Wijnaldum and Fernandino are also free agents perhaps you mean those? For where we are now e.g. just survived a potential relegation battle this would be a great signing. 

I’m slightly underwhelmed by this if true, agree we need a better option in CM but feel there is definitely better out there . 

Given our situation/status, I can't think of a better option which is both affordable and realistic.

Being realistic we were not a pretty team last season and were very lucky to stay up. We won't be the most attractive club to join but hopefully NP has some pulling power. There are numerous midfielders in league 1 and championship (many released for a good reason) as well as loan options. Everyone in this league will be looking for improvement in pretty much every position, we have to fight against the parachute payments of not only the relegated sides but sides who still receive them! 

We need experience, we need effort and we need ability and Matty James is a very good start!

44 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Being realistic we were not a pretty team last season and were very lucky to stay up. We won't be the most attractive club to join but hopefully NP has some pulling power. There are numerous midfielders in league 1 and championship (many released for a good reason) as well as loan options. Everyone in this league will be looking for improvement in pretty much every position, we have to fight against the parachute payments of not only the relegated sides but sides who still receive them! 

We need experience, we need effort and we need ability and Matty James is a very good start!

I agree every year crazy suggestions. When asked to name better no one comes up with anything sensible. We were dropping like a stone no fight no direction no leaders nothing footballing wise to convince better to join . James is just off a good season at this level a leader and a decent player who has been there seen it done it and is a known quantity. Not a punt club in the bag or one for the future. One for now . And not a 60 grand a week name who we have no chance of getting but apparently should be chasing 

5 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Weird article and then the tapping up suggestion at the end was even more strange. Auch well. See what happens next then.

Ha ha. Tapping up!! 
You literally are looking for anything and everything to find a negative in Pearson. 
Look, he signed Simpson, who has previous for violence against women. I didn’t like the signing either. But I think you are using this as a stick to beat Pearson with at every single turn. It’s getting a bit tiresome to be honest. 

18 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Hahaha. 

Oh gosh. 

The inference was in the text linked in black and white. 

I said it was strange and weird to include it. 

It's getting a bit tiresome that people have concocted some mythical vendetta, blind by anything that isnt NP is going to save us. 

Literally any discussion, even when the journalists are quite clearly being cheeky, cannot deviate from that. 

Im proud that im not sucked in to this prevailing bull crap. 

Tapping up explained again https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en-gb/amp/news/what-is-tapping-up-in-football-transfers-what-are-the-most/1jty660r0g5w01exvkszgir94u

So that's an approach not through an agent to a player under contract, which is what the article was suggesting. 

However, forget that bit and attack the poster instead. 

Jesus wept, it's truly a wonder we're in such a shit place if as your posts have alluded to you were part of the scouting problem previously. 

Do want to draw a line and try again, or do you want to keep with the same old boring comebacks. 

Your call. 

You seem to be mistaking “tapping up”, with two people who know each other very well having a chat after a game. 

Also, I’m not in the camp that says “NP will save us”, which you have incorrectly assumed. 
I’ve made some critical posts previously toward some of his decisions. Simpson being one, just like you. 
But I am however prepared to keep my powder dry as he deserves the chance. 
So I won’t criticise his EVERY move, which you seem keen to do. 

Regards your snidy comment about scouting, I’ll let that one go as I’m comfortable in the knowledge that I recommended Jarred Bowen, Ollie Watkins, Matt Grimes, Conor Hourihane, Andre Gray, Jack O’Connell, Enda Stevens, Ivan Toney, (to name just a few) all long before they moved from their original clubs. Yes, I’m very happy with my contribution thanks. 

Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

@HarryAny truth in this rumour mate? 

Don’t know. I’ve not got any contacts involved in this one, so can’t do any digging. 
I’d put money on it being true though. Just a case of whether we’ll pay the wages. 

57 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Hahaha. 

Oh gosh. 

The inference was in the text linked in black and white. 

I said it was strange and weird to include it. 

It's getting a bit tiresome that people have concocted some mythical vendetta, blind by anything that isnt NP is going to save us. 

Literally any discussion, even when the journalists are quite clearly being cheeky, cannot deviate from that. 

Im proud that im not sucked in to this prevailing bull crap. 

Tapping up explained again https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en-gb/amp/news/what-is-tapping-up-in-football-transfers-what-are-the-most/1jty660r0g5w01exvkszgir94u

So that's an approach not through an agent to a player under contract, which is what the article was suggesting. 

However, forget that bit and attack the poster instead. 

Jesus wept, it's truly a wonder we're in such a shit place if as your posts have alluded to you were part of the scouting problem previously. 

Do want to draw a line and try again, or do you want to keep with the same old boring comebacks. 

Your call. 

At no point did I say Pearson can do no wrong or I’m a total Pearson fan said that Matty James would be a good signing . Irrelevant who was manager Johnson , Holden even god forbid Joey Barton. Just happens to have connections to Pearson which may make it easier to sign him

42 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Thanks for trying to tell me my own views again.. The thing is in black and white in the linked article.. 

You know he whole suggestion thing, in the text  I can break it down for you if you want diagrams about it. 

Regarding snidey stuff, if you are going to 'j'accuse' because your post is throwing the toys out of the pram. Recommending player XYZ doesn't actually count for anything if we didnt approach or they didnt sign does it? It becomes 'hot air' much like the rest of the post and much like the discourse surrounding this 'imaginary' war against NP I'm supposed to have, with the caveat that no one will actually talk, they're to busy reacting to what they want to see, rather than what has actually been said.  It's a bugger when things are turned towards someone elses credentials isnt it. In fact it could be really bloody annoying. So dont do it, encourage discussion  etc

This whole thing is getting really old, because I dont subscribe, I'm not meek enough to roll over and gawd forbid know some things about football.  

If people want to discuss, discuss. If your posts want to create an echo chamber, then go hit ignore.  It's easy enough.

So the “black and white” that you have quoted doesn’t make any reference to “tapping up”. So I think you need to stand down on that one. 
It clearly states that James was waiting for Pearson. How can a manager be accused of illegally approaching a player, when the player was actually waiting for HIM!! Ha ha. Your own post just contradicted your accusation. 
Also, not sure if you are capable of understanding ‘context’ in written form? The 2nd part of that quote is clearly very tongue in cheek. Otherwise known as ‘a bit of banter’ or ‘a wise crack’. 

So, James was waiting for Pearson for an old pals chat and Robins made a bit of a joke about it, and from that you’ve somehow contrived an illegal approach. Weird. 

17 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Hello there!

At no point did I say anything towards you regarding Pearson or you were a Pearson fan... The post you've quoted was a response to some one else. Was your post meant for me or is there some kind of dupe account going on there.?

Good Morning!

Yeah, the text is pretty clear "They didn't chat for long but it did occur to me at that point, I do wonder if there is something in that for the summer."

I am going to presume that you've missed the subtext, or the suggestion in that as the framing is really straight forward . So no, no contradiction there.

The continuation of trying to speak for me is so dull,  especially when the comments in question are from Andy Turner and not Mark Robins as your post suggests.  I really do despair when it's silly season especially when the response over a transfer target is to pile on when trying to have a discussion.

To recap. We shall see what happens (as said in my orginal response to this) He is an 'aging' not aged player. Really didnt float my boat at Preston, however he's had a good season previously and appears to be over the worst of his injury stuff, which was also linked. I'm not keen on having too many ex's as players trying to recapture 'lightening in a bottle' as it doesnt work all that well (others disagree on this) and if we sign him we sign him, there's faff all I can do about it if we do. The article linked was weird (as confirmed by more than one poster) and the part under discussion suggests that their could be some element of tapping up, which is the suggestion of the journalist and not the poster here. 

Not really all that difficult to go through is it. 

Apologies, Turner, not Robins. 
However, the part you quote, again, is a journalist’s supposition, not evidence of a tapping up. 
There’s no pile on here. I only got involved in this after you accused our club of an illegal manoeuvre. Which I was keen to point out that you are wrong. 
A manager was having a chat with an ex-player of his, and a journalist made a tongue in cheek comment about there being “something in it”. 
I’d don’t think that’s a tapping up and you are wrong to accuse Pearson of doing that. 

I’m moving on from your nobheadery now. ? 

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

Apologies, Turner, not Robins. 
However, the part you quote, again, is a journalist’s supposition, not evidence of a tapping up. 
There’s no pile on here. I only got involved in this after you accused our club of an illegal manoeuvre. Which I was keen to point out that you are wrong. 
A manager was having a chat with an ex-player of his, and a journalist made a tongue in cheek comment about there being “something in it”. 
I’d don’t think that’s a tapping up and you are wrong to accuse Pearson of doing that. 

I’m moving on from your nobheadery now. ? 

Put him on ignore, I did a while ago when his repetitive nonsense got too much.

I try not to do that with too many (though one simpleton on here is also just too much) but there is absolutely nothing to be gained by arguing with someone who just responds with relentless weirdness.

On 25/05/2021 at 08:57, Phileas Fogg said:

On huge wages apparently so would need to take an enormous pay cut to come here. I can't see it personally. Surely would be able to get better money in the MLS or somewhere. 

It's pretty naïve to suggest that just because Brunt (at 35) didn't work out, that Matty James (29) won't. The only parallel between the two is that they are midfield players with Prem experience. Apart from that it's an incredibly lazy comparison. 

It's the same sort of flawed logic people apply to signing players from lower leagues, continental Europe or Scotland. The answer is and always will be the same, it's down to us to get the scouting right and ensure he's someone that would improve us. 

He’s a free agent and won’t be in a position to demand huge wages anymore

2 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Hello there!

At no point did I say anything towards you regarding Pearson or you were a Pearson fan... The post you've quoted was a response to some one else. Was your post meant for me or is there some kind of dupe account going on there.?

Good Morning!

Yeah, the text is pretty clear "They didn't chat for long but it did occur to me at that point, I do wonder if there is something in that for the summer."

I am going to presume that you've missed the subtext, or the suggestion in that as the framing is really straight forward . So no, no contradiction there.

The continuation of trying to speak for me is so dull,  especially when the comments in question are from Andy Turner and not Mark Robins as your post suggests.  I really do despair when it's silly season especially when the response over a transfer target is to pile on when trying to have a discussion.

To recap. We shall see what happens (as said in my orginal response to this) He is an 'aging' not aged player. Really didnt float my boat at Preston, however he's had a good season previously and appears to be over the worst of his injury stuff, which was also linked. I'm not keen on having too many ex's as players trying to recapture 'lightening in a bottle' as it doesnt work all that well (others disagree on this) and if we sign him we sign him, there's faff all I can do about it if we do. The article linked was weird (as confirmed by more than one poster) and the part under discussion suggests that their could be some element of tapping up, which is the suggestion of the journalist and not the poster here. 

Just making a point I’m not on the Pearson band wagon is he the right man time will tell . Don’t get the constant stream of criticism of him hasn’t really had a chance yet . A lot of players didn’t want to play for Bristol City and didn’t care that it showed in how they performed. They are the past the immediate future is Pearson maybe good maybe bad . But hasn’t done much for people to be so negative. He is BRISTOL CITY manager our team our club our manger if it goes wrong he will be gone we won’t be . Let’s unite and show the players present and future what playing for Bristol City can be like . If Pearson fails he will be replaced. Players come players go. So do managers . We are constant . If the players can’t unite and play for each other fine. But as fans we can doesn’t matter what reporters write if players get tapped up or not . We as a fan base need to unite cause we are city till we die always believe 

2 hours ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Hello there!

Good Morning!

Just making a point I’m not on the Pearson band wagon is he the right man time will tell . Don’t get the constant stream of criticism of him hasn’t really had a chance yet . A lot of players didn’t want to play for Bristol City and didn’t care that it showed in how they performed. They are the past the immediate future is Pearson maybe good maybe bad . But hasn’t done much for people to be so negative. He is BRISTOL CITY manager our team our club our manger if it goes wrong he will be gone we won’t be . Let’s unite and show the players present and future what playing for Bristol City can be like . If Pearson fails he will be replaced. Players come players go. So do managers . We are constant . If the players can’t unite and play for each other fine. But as fans we can doesn’t matter what reporters write if players get tapped up or not . We as a fan base need to unite cause we are city till we die always believe 

25 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Her, but I expect you knew that. 

Ditto your posts relation to possibly signing Matty James. 

It's amazing how many people really dont want discussion and instead want to barb, insult and the rest. Never used to be like that on here

Great post and thanks for taking time out to respond and love your last few sentences. 

We're all fans of the same club, views of what that is and should be are going to be miles different from person to person. 

That fans get so riled, shows the amount of passion that each person has. 

They want what's best but will certainly not always see eye to eye over how that's achieved. 

Have a great day. 

And you this was a message to everyone not just you that we are all on the same side and want one thing success for our club . So we need to all pull together 

Archived