Looking forward to seeing Palmer with Jamaica at the euros 😉

Was thinking that myself unless it's become like Eurovision 

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Looking forward to seeing Palmer with Jamaica at the euros 😉

Should have an easy time

On 25/05/2021 at 17:53, BigTone said:

Was thinking that myself unless it's become like Eurovision 

Should have an easy time

I’m not sure playing Surinam in  the CONCACAF Gold cup in the July heat will be that easy. 

Going off on  a tangent; Gordon Parr was on City's books when he was called up for 2 years National Service.

Conscription ended in 1960. Did any City players get called up after GP?

4 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Nagy has been called up by Hungary to play in the euros. Good man Adam!

Would absolutely love to see Nagy succeed with us next season. Really hope he fits into what Pearson wants. Will be great to watch him in the Euros

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Would absolutely love to see Nagy succeed with us next season. Really hope he fits into what Pearson wants. Will be great to watch him in the Euros

I want all our players to succeed.  Got his work cut out at the Euros!

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I want all our players to succeed.  Got his work cut out at the Euros!

Yes of course. With Nagy I think he has a lot to offer with his technical ability and work rate. Just hope Nige can find a way to get the best out of him. So far Nigel's team selections would suggest he might not be keen. But it could be that he may feel Nagy needs a player he hasn't had available to play alongside him to get the best out of him, like Joe Williams.

• Like 3

Nagy won't play against Cyprus on 04/06 because of a very minor injury / knock ( alongside another midfielder, more of a precaution really). He will be available against Ireland on 08/06  (assuming the baby is born on 06/06 as pre-advised).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hunsupport said:

Nagy won't play against Cyprus on 04/06 because of a very minor injury / knock ( alongside another midfielder, more of a precaution really). He will be available against Ireland on 08/06  (assuming the baby is born on 06/06 as pre-advised).

Planned C-section, is it?

On 02/06/2021 at 06:27, JonDolman said:

Yes of course. With Nagy I think he has a lot to offer with his technical ability and work rate. Just hope Nige can find a way to get the best out of him. So far Nigel's team selections would suggest he might not be keen. But it could be that he may feel Nagy needs a player he hasn't had available to play alongside him to get the best out of him, like Joe Williams.

I've always felt Nagy is a good player that we've never quite known how to use. I liked him in a more advanced role toward the end of the season. If Weimann goes, I can see him as an option to replicate some of that industry and movement in attacking midfield or on the right of a three. 

• Like 2

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

They can't have much to choose from then

Jamaica has a population of under 3 million.  I don't think they'd argue with you.

The Czech Republic isn't a massive country but they have some decent players. Of the 8 other defenders in the squad, 5 are in the Czech top league, one in the Premier League, one in the Bundesliga and one in Serie B. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Jamaica has a population of under 3 million.  I don't think they'd argue with you.

Masive diaspora though. More than 2 million Jamaicans live overseas. 

When you get into the one Jamaican grandparent level, they could probably select from the majority of Black and mixed-race British footballers.