IGNORED

City players called up to their National squads

Jerseybean

Adam's role for Hungary intrigues and confuses me. He's clearly an important part of their set up, starting most games, but every time I've watched Hungary (and I saw the friendly tonight) his role seems to be one of off the ball containment rather than on the ball playmaker. He's very visible in  midfield and he runs around a lot constantly making himself available to receive the ball but for a team who wants to be a possession based side he often seems by-passed for other options. I'll be interested to see how much influence he can exert once the Euros start. 

I thought Nagy had a good first half yesterday with his interceptions, making himself available, keeping the ball moving. Lots of arm waving and pointing, too (but in good way rather than in a Patto way).
Didn't see the second half.

10 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Adam's role for Hungary intrigues and confuses me. He's clearly an important part of their set up, starting most games, but every time I've watched Hungary (and I saw the friendly tonight) his role seems to be one of off the ball containment rather than on the ball playmaker. He's very visible in  midfield and he runs around a lot constantly making himself available to receive the ball but for a team who wants to be a possession based side he often seems by-passed for other options. I'll be interested to see how much influence he can exert once the Euros start. 

I see it a slightly different way. Mostly he is for team exactly what You wrote but also he is the deep lying playmaker as well as he sees what's going on the whole pitch as well. He runs a lot to those slots where he's needed and keeps the game ticking. Of course against the 3 bigs at th Euros his break-up play will be more important as we will defend and counter attack instead of possession based play.

11 hours ago, Hunsupport said:

I see it a slightly different way. Mostly he is for team exactly what You wrote but also he is the deep lying playmaker as well as he sees what's going on the whole pitch as well. He runs a lot to those slots where he's needed and keeps the game ticking. Of course against the 3 bigs at th Euros his break-up play will be more important as we will defend and counter attack instead of possession based play.

He is one of the best I`ve seen at reading the game - he always seems to be in the right place at the right time putting out fires.

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Interestingly Kasey Palmer is not in the Jamaica squad for the Gold Cup. 

Back training with us & I wonder if he has chosen to sit this out before what is an important season for him.

Or not selected?

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Or not selected?

Not quite sure what’s going on, he didn’t travel to their friendly v Serbia last month, either.

Several of their other better known players like Lowe at Swansea & Gray at Watford seem to be giving it a miss as well.

Some of the names selected aren’t of their standard.

26 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not quite sure what’s going on, he didn’t travel to their friendly v Serbia last month, either.

Several of their other better known players like Lowe at Swansea & Gray at Watford seem to be giving it a miss as well.

Some of the names selected aren’t of their standard.

Training today

BFC036FE-8BC7-4B3F-B7A5-1B1FCA811170.jpeg

5 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Was chatting to his neighbour today whilst having my jab at AG - she (a nurse) said he was in Bermuda 

Very happy in Bristol apparently and KP is going to, or has moved in across the road

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Interestingly Kasey Palmer is not in the Jamaica squad for the Gold Cup. 

Back training with us & I wonder if he has chosen to sit this out before what is an important season for him.

KP not in the final squad but Adrian Mariappa is.

Archived