IGNORED

Ronaldo

Gazred

Seems he's finished with his time in Italy, so what next?

Back to England? Perhaps another country to add to the list, Germany, France?

He leaves a trail of records wherever he plays.

Still banging them and a top player at 36, at least another couple of years in the top flight still in him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57240440

Cristiano Ronaldo says he has achieved what he set out to do with Juventus amid continued doubts about his future.

The Portugal captain, 36, who joined Juve from Real Madrid in 2018, has a year left on his contract.

Ronaldo has won two Serie A titles, the Coppa Italia and two Italian Super Cups but Juve failed to win the league this season for the first time since 2011.

He said: "I have to value everything we achieved this season at Juventus, both in collective and individual terms."

During his three years in Italy, Ronaldo has also been named Serie A footballer of the year twice, and was the competition's top scorer in the season just completed.

In an Instagram post, he added:

"The Italian Super Cup, the Italian Cup and the Serie A Top Scorer trophy fill me with happiness, mainly due to the difficulty they carry with them, in a country where nothing is easy to win.

"With these achievements, I reached a goal that I had set myself since the first day I arrived in Italy: to win the Championship, the Cup and the Super Cup, and also to be Best Player and Top Scorer in this great football country."

The former Manchester United and Real Madrid forward has won major individual and team honours with clubs in three countries.

"Nothing compares to the feeling of knowing that I've left my mark in the countries where I've played," he added.

This season he scored his 100th goal for Juventus, having also passed the milestone at Real Madrid, where he scored 450 times, and United ,where he got 118 goals.

He also passed 760 career goals, giving him a disputed claim to being the highest scorer of all time.

Juventus secured a Champions League spot on Sunday, having seen their run of nine straight Serie A titles ended, with Inter Milan winning the league.

36 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Seems he's finished with his time in Italy, so what next?

Back to England? Perhaps another country to add to the list, Germany, France?

He leaves a trail of records wherever he plays.

Still banging them and a top player at 36, at least another couple of years in the top flight still in him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57240440

Cristiano Ronaldo says he has achieved what he set out to do with Juventus amid continued doubts about his future.

The Portugal captain, 36, who joined Juve from Real Madrid in 2018, has a year left on his contract.

Ronaldo has won two Serie A titles, the Coppa Italia and two Italian Super Cups but Juve failed to win the league this season for the first time since 2011.

He said: "I have to value everything we achieved this season at Juventus, both in collective and individual terms."

During his three years in Italy, Ronaldo has also been named Serie A footballer of the year twice, and was the competition's top scorer in the season just completed.

In an Instagram post, he added:

"The Italian Super Cup, the Italian Cup and the Serie A Top Scorer trophy fill me with happiness, mainly due to the difficulty they carry with them, in a country where nothing is easy to win.

"With these achievements, I reached a goal that I had set myself since the first day I arrived in Italy: to win the Championship, the Cup and the Super Cup, and also to be Best Player and Top Scorer in this great football country."

The former Manchester United and Real Madrid forward has won major individual and team honours with clubs in three countries.

"Nothing compares to the feeling of knowing that I've left my mark in the countries where I've played," he added.

This season he scored his 100th goal for Juventus, having also passed the milestone at Real Madrid, where he scored 450 times, and United ,where he got 118 goals.

He also passed 760 career goals, giving him a disputed claim to being the highest scorer of all time.

Juventus secured a Champions League spot on Sunday, having seen their run of nine straight Serie A titles ended, with Inter Milan winning the league.

Not to shabby is he !!

4 minutes ago, nellie said:

Not to shabby is he !!

Certainly not many that rival him, even at 36.

If i took a guess, i could see him at PSG if they lose Mbappe. He would break records in that league for sure.

When coaching kids, I always stress to them that Ronaldo is the hardest working player in football. That’s renowned - read anything from his teammates, first in training, last to leave. Yes, prodigious talent but without that he’s not playing at the level he is at 36. 

I think it’s a Gary Player quote “The harder I work, the luckier I get” - and that explains just how CR remains a player who would walk into most teams in the world 

19 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

As much as I don’t warm to his personality I accord him all due respect.

The man is a machine in the most competitive sport in the world.

He has performed at the highest level for decades . 

A legend of the game. 

But just a ****

19 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He's an very good footballer.

He is also extremely generous with time and money, yes I know he is loaded with cash, for children's charities and organisations in his native Portugal. I suspect he never forgets his humble childhood in Madeira where he lived his early life.

Yes, it is very nice that he chooses to make sacrifices to his own lifestyle and will use what he can spare from his £500m fortune to help others.

29 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He's an very good footballer.

He is also extremely generous with time and money, yes I know he is loaded with cash, for children's charities and organisations in his native Portugal. I suspect he never forgets his humble childhood in Madeira where he lived his early life.

I agree with all that, but that statue....

44278679_101.jpg

Archived