IGNORED

Post Pub Snack

Bristol Rob

For reasons best known to Er Indoors, she pointed out a few days back that I've not had a 'shaved elephant leg sandwich' in about 4 years.

Since then, I have been craving a lamb doner, with all the salad, chilli 'dip' (forum Fuzz won't correct me!), and a side of chips.

What is your catered Friday/Saturday night stagger home companion?

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

For reasons best known to Er Indoors, she pointed out a few days back that I've not had a 'shaved elephant leg sandwich' in about 4 years.

Since then, I have been craving a lamb doner, with all the salad, chilli 'dip' (forum Fuzz won't correct me!), and a side of chips.

I tried a meat tray from abbotswood kebab house in yate, it was enough for about 4 people but a proper post drink feed 

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What do you get in a meat-tray? I imagine it's quite different to Milk Tray.

Fried onions, mushrooms and peppers with lamb shish, chicken shish , kofte and lamb and chicken donor!! Wouldn’t have it sober i doubt but it was a good snack 

Only one option here. 

Chip wrap.

Regular portion of chips, in a tortilla, with curry Source and ketchup through it. With the batter scraps if you ask nicely. Preferably from Andy's Plaice on the Oldmixon, but I've seen them done to a decent enough standard elsewhere. 100% a stretch mark inducer but it nulls those vodka and coke spins straight away. 

image.png.cf552d163a0d3b8e7d28e3b0d8f29059.png

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I know somebody who went to visit ron kray in broadmoor.

The tea server came around, and sad fancy any biscuits today ron.

Yes said ron, i could murder a mcvitie...

Got yer gentlemen gangsters mixed up there - Ron killed Cornell, it was our Reggie who ended Jack the Hat. 

11 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Mixed Grill from Joe Kubab by the Spoons in Bemmy. An absolute triumph. 

I don't tend to do that any more, but your post reminded me of our old post match trip.
After every game for about a year, until the we changed Pubs, we went to Dirty Rita's. I was so mullered by then every time we went in, I kept banging on about more chilli Source. So much so as we walked in the chap used to get the bucket up on the counter. For my health I think changing Pubs might have been a good shout ?

• Haha 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Bob hopes chippy, was the best in weston for years, i dunno about these days.

I moved very near to there, no word of a lie I popped in there the Friday after moving and he told me he was closing

Now a Pizza hut delivery shop

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Used to be a Miss Millies as it was the only place open between the bar and my house

Sadly they moved in Weston and no longer en route

Now use just eat, Doner meat and chips and breaded mushrooms

I am sure I read recently that Miss Millies is a Bristol thing,the only one outside of Bristol is Weston.Always assumed that they were all over the country.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I moved very near to there, no word of a lie I popped in there the Friday after moving and he told me he was closing

Now a Pizza hut delivery shop

That is a real shame. Remember years ago when my mate passed his driving test,we would drive there,get a bag of chips, drive back to Bristol, just so he had an excuse to get in the car.

• Like 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I am sure I read recently that Miss Millies is a Bristol thing,the only one outside of Bristol is Weston.Always assumed that they were all over the country.

Indeed it is, there were a few in Cardiff but closed down

They have had a complete rebrand and worse luck it actually tastes ok sober now

22 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Poached snails in melted roquefort cheese for me.

Edited by BigTone

Back in the old days I only had to be within 10 yards of the front door of Merton Kebabs for Faisal to start preparing a large lamb shish with all the salad and hot chilli Source, for me.

These days I'm less of a connoisseur, but if you're down my way I recommend Rams Kebabs of Street (shop) and Wells and Shepton Mallet (vans). 

When I young it would always be Clarks pie and chips. Crack the lid off the pie and dip the chips in the gravy. However my more recent experience of Clarks pies suggests the meat:gravy ratio has changed over the years to a drier product and such post piss up chip dipping would no longer be possible.