IGNORED

Villarreal

Super

Well done to them last night especially as the media had given them no chance before the game. The De Gea stat is bizarre that he hasn't saved any of his last 36 pens which makes you wonder why they didn't sub him before the shoot out as he never looked like saving any of them (reminded me of Shilton in WC 1990).

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Well done to them last night especially as the media had given them no chance before the game. The De Gea stat is bizarre that he hasn't saved any of his last 36 pens which makes you wonder why they didn't sub him before the shoot out as he never looked like saving any of them (reminded me of Shilton in WC 1990).

And I remember Hart getting nowhere near Italy's penalties in Euro 2012.  At least the Villareal 'keeper got his hand to a couple (and should probably have saved at least one long before he did).  Yes a goalkeeper should always be second favourite on penalties but they could still be taking them now and he still wouldn't have saved one

Villarreal deserved it.
More desire, more heart, meant more to them, worked harder. Man Utd missed Maguire's leadership, they played like they expected to win and then whimpered off at the end. 

Delighted for Villarreal, Man Utd's spoilt babies got what they deserved

I thought De Gea was a disgrace last night making barely any attempt to save any of them. That said, they were well struck with that of his opposite number being one of the best. You just knew he was going to miss his attempt.

As an earlier poster said, maybe he should have been swapped at the start of the shoot out with the appalling record he has.

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Super said:

It's funny you mention Peter Shilton @Super that was exactly what was in my mind last night too

Both keepers looked like they would never stop a penalty

Sadly yet another trophy won by a team setting up not to concede rather than trying to actually win the game, but I guess the history books won't reflect that in years to come

In truth a pretty dull final, only 3 attempts on goal in 120 minutes - it sounds just like a City performance

One thing that was odd that Ole' persisted with the same starting 11 when it was obvious for all to see the fresh legs of Villareal got them back into the game 

Manure were shocking - Villareal wanted it more.

As for Pogba - get rid. Useless

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Does anyone know what would have happened had De Gea scored ? Every player had taken a kick, do they start again, or unused subs take them? I have no idea.

Alex Ferguson was up next. He was shitting it in the stands

4 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Does anyone know what would have happened had De Gea scored ? Every player had taken a kick, do they start again, or unused subs take them? I have no idea.

Simply start again!

6 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

A dance-off.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Thought the BT coverage was awful and uneducated, they made them sound as though they were Dagenham and Redbridge.

I was wondering if they were commentating off the TV footage rather than being at the ground as like you say the commentary was awful 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I was wondering if they were commentating off the TV footage rather than being at the ground as like you say the commentary was awful 

That would make sense as the commentary also seemed to be delayed to me.

But surely for a European final they would have had the TV commentators in the stadium?

Its easy for out shite media to make villareal out to be a team of no hopers and promote the premier league and their teams as the best in the world.

la liga is far more accomplished technically, and with 3 weeks of the season left there were 4 teams who had a chance of winning it. Youd think the media would get realistic by now, but i guess its the same thing as city players coming out all last season saying we go again,,, towing the party line.

After a poor Man U side lost to a Spanish side, let's hope that a truly British team manages to win the Champions League Eh?..................................................................Ah! unfortunately, for all you patriots out there, of the 22 players out on the pitch, only 5, around 20% will be British.................makes you proud doesn't it?  Ha!   ??  ??  ??  ??  ??               ,                                                                                    .         .                   

31 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I thought De Gea was a disgrace last night making barely any attempt to save any of them. That said, they were well struck with that of his opposite number being one of the best. You just knew he was going to miss his attempt.

As an earlier poster said, maybe he should have been swapped at the start of the shoot out with the appalling record he has.

I think disgrace might be a bit OTT but there didn't seem much effort from him. I know keepers are 2nd favourites when facing a penalty but you expect to save one now and again.

I really hope Rashford doesn't start for England in the Euros, a seriously overrated player, only plays well when he has space infront of him to sprint in to. Not as good as what England currently have in his position

Now something like 8 straight games a Spanish team has beaten an English team in a cup final 

however the bad side of the night, Rashford has counted up at least 70 messages of racial abuse after the game, one apparently from a teacher, horrid to think people like that are educating kids 

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Now something like 8 straight games a Spanish team has beaten an English team in a cup final 

however the bad side of the night, Rashford has counted up at least 70 messages of racial abuse after the game, one apparently from a teacher, horrid to think people like that are educating kids 

Safe to say he won't be a teacher for much longer.

21 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Its easy for out shite media to make villareal out to be a team of no hopers and promote the premier league and their teams as the best in the world.

la liga is far more accomplished technically, and with 3 weeks of the season left there were 4 teams who had a chance of winning it. Youd think the media would get realistic by now, but i guess its the same thing as city players coming out all last season saying we go again,,, towing the party line.

But how depressing to have to watch a game like that.  Villareal seeming to come into it with little ambition except to frustrate everything Manchester United could do and bring all eleven players back behind the ball every time United went forward, leaving seven or eight United players trying to thread their way through eleven Villareal players within twenty metres of their goal.

If that’s the result of La Liga being ‘more accomplished technically’ then I’ll stick with what I see in England.  At least you get some entertainment occasionally.

Just showed to me that OGS is completely out of his depth and can’t overcome issues. God knows how they finished 2nd in the PL. 
I can 100% assure you I’d rather have Nigel Pearson as our manager than OGS 

Can't see how OGS will keep his job this time next year if they fail to win silverware next season and a top four spot.

As for last night. I am glad United lost, they were extremely cocky on the build up which was lead by OGS, plus the love in from the media not giving Villarreal a chance. Fair play to Emery, he is a top coach and was wrongfully sacked from that poisonous club that is Arsenal who have no ambition and the worst set of fans in the world. 

Archived