IGNORED

Robins High Performance Centre

MattWSM

2 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Is it only me or does any one else think this name is embarrassing/cringeworthy 

Not really bothered either way but might be more telling in a few years time depending on where we are?

3 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Its a bit like "mega store" when it was not a lot more than a container.

I agree 100% - It is cringeworthy.

6 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Agreed why can't it still just be called Failand/the training ground, given they've just moved next door. If not it should be renamed the Robins Low Performance Centre given our results since the move. 

It need a proper name at name totally cringeworthy as has been said. 
They can call the high performance centre when the team using puts in a high performance and not before !

Maybe we should call it the team development centre and hopefully ? we will get a team of high performance 

I don't get why Bris have an indoor facility and we don't, unless we can use the one at their place.

On the name, I don't particularly like it but, I guess, we've copied Brighton.

https://www.goal.com/en-ie/lists/premier-league-training-grounds-man-utd-to-liverpool-chelsea/1k6l0wa2qb8my1o6dh96mcyjhy#1bls9z84imp7m180p3i95xrs6a

Long Ashton Training centre would have been better IMHO but, no doubt, we will add a sponsor's name at some point.

7 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Not when they have this.......the Bears high performance centre

17D601E1-6AD3-40B5-8105-DAB1FA839DAA.png

4 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

It need a proper name at name totally cringeworthy as has been said. 
They can call the high performance centre when the team using puts in a high performance and not before !

Maybe we should call it the team development centre and hopefully ? we will get a team of high performance 

Rename them both the Bear Pit and the Robins Perch.

Rather than simply leap on the fact it is a bit fluffy, I'd rather point out it doesn't really pass the Ronseal test (does what it says on the tin).

The test for me was - are we expecting high performances from the Robins High Performance Centre? And I'm really not sure that we are?

Surely at a training ground you want managed levels of effort at a high standard that is predictable and reproducible - but not exceptional.

By definition you're not looking for "high" performances as in one off - you are looking to create a culture that delivers each and every day.

Would love to pretend I have some insight but this was actually from the most insightful thing Nigel Pearson said from his first few months.

In one game he was asked if he wanted players going nuts and he said no I want players who know their levels and keep reproducing them. 

I found it one of the most revealing/meaningful comments I ever heard a City manager come out with. **** the soundbite, pure experience.

Yep the name bugs me.

Even Watford Training Ground sounds better - obviously replace Watford with OTIB.

Naming it after a past player or benefactor would be better.

The Fatty Wedlock Fitness Facility.

Cashley Campus

or more seriously

Gow's Ground

I think this may have something to do with Pat Lam and the success he's had. This is him talking to The Guardian about the Bears' new training facility:

"I set out a five-year plan and this year it was a minimum of top six. Next year it changes to top four. But the plan doesn’t change; all this building does is enhance and accelerate it.

“You don’t build a facility and say you’re going to win everything. It’s not about that. This is a lovely building but what brings it alive is what happens in here. That’s why I wanted this to be called a high-performance centre. Not a training ground, not just somewhere where we can play some rugby and might win a few games.

“When I do reviews, everything is about high performance. If we’re not on our way there people will be challenged, including myself. If I don’t perform I’m gone. It’s happened to me before and I realised it was because I allowed others not to perform. Everyone now has to step up."

Here's an Australian podcast talking to Pat that someone shared on OTIB a short while ago. I highly recommend listening to it as he comes across as a phenomenal leader and I think his drive and philosophy will have had a huge impact on all aspects of Bristol Sport:

Yes watched it previously and watched it again tonight, so thanks SydneyCity highlighting it again, as it never continued to impress.

Pat Lam is phenomenal and if Mr Lansdown saw in our Nige what he saw in Pat, the good times (a few years down the line) are acoming.

6 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

What happened to Lee’s big TV and his drones? 

They were last seen when he was given the boot, stumbling across the car park trying to get them in the back of his car mumbling something like "I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you damn fans".

He tripped on a loose shoe lace and dropped the screen, summing up his time here.

Probably.

Archived