IGNORED

Robins High Performance Centre

MattWSM

8 hours ago, Olé said:

Rather than simply leap on the fact it is a bit fluffy, I'd rather point out it doesn't really pass the Ronseal test (does what it says on the tin).

The test for me was - are we expecting high performances from the Robins High Performance Centre? And I'm really not sure that we are?

Surely at a training ground you want managed levels of effort at a high standard that is predictable and reproducible - but not exceptional.

By definition you're not looking for "high" performances as in one off - you are looking to create a culture that delivers each and every day.

Would love to pretend I have some insight but this was actually from the most insightful thing Nigel Pearson said from his first few months.

In one game he was asked if he wanted players going nuts and he said no I want players who know their levels and keep reproducing them. 

I found it one of the most revealing/meaningful comments I ever heard a City manager come out with. **** the soundbite, pure experience.

I'm with Rob,

It should be called "Robins High Standard That Is Predictable And Reproducible - But Not Exceptional Centre", just rolls off the tongue.

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

How about 

Super High Impact Training Centre (SHIT Centre) 

or

Performance Is Super Special (PISS)

Or combine both into the Shit and Piss Facility 

26 minutes ago, Harry said:

Or

Creating Underperformance, Nullifying Talent Centre (or CUN….. you get the point) 

‘Bristol And District Hoping A Robin Rally’s Yard

BAD HARRY 

Didn't realise it was the same as the Bears training ground name until a previous poster pointed it out.

And listening to what Pat Lam had to say about their facility kind of puts it into perspective. There also seems to be some synergy with the way the Rugby club are operating and the way City are going about things this season. If NP turns out to be as inspirational as Pat Lam, we may well see a bit of success in the coming seasons.

11 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Its a bit like "mega store" when it was not a lot more than a container.

I agree 100% - It is cringeworthy.

Whilst I agree it’s cringeworthy I wonder if it’s because we have always accepted average or mediocre. 
There is a quote from Norman Vincent Peale ‘Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you’ll land amongst the stars.’ In other words even if you don’t achieve it you’ll still be in a better place from where you started. 

I see the HPC as part of the jigsaw to match our aspirations. 

19 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

. There also seems to be some synergy with the way the Rugby club are operating and the way City are going about things this season. 

I thought Mr Ashton, that you had ****** off to Ipswich Town?

Just now, City1984 said:

@bcfc01   Was just bring a prat  as reading your synergy sentence sent my head straight to a dark place reminiscent of Mark Ashton bull shite mode

I actually agree with your comment BTW. 

Given the set up of things I would hope both clubs do start to benefit each other.  

2 minutes ago, City1984 said:

@bcfc01   Was just bring a prat  as reading your synergy sentence sent my head straight to a dark place reminiscent of Mark Ashton bull shite mode

You should see some of the reports I've written in the past - Ashton was an apprentice compared to me ;)

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Or

Creating Underperformance, Nullifying Talent Centre (or CUN….. you get the point) 

Can I play?

The "Mark Ashton Did Everything to Uniquely Prepare, Construct, Launch, And Implement the Management of our Training Ground" 

Or MADE UP CLAIM Training Ground for short.

5 minutes ago, Olé said:

Can I play?

The "Mark Ashton Did Everything to Uniquely Prepare, Construct, Launch, And Implement the Management of our Training Ground" 

Or MADE UP CLAIM Training Ground for short.

Genius Rob ?

Personally, I don't see any issue with the name. Feels like a fairly standard modern name for such a facility. (Although I do appreciate the irony)

Lets be honest, we're all very happy to have the new training ground and we don't really care what the name is. The club have probably just been unfortunate about the exact circumstances at the time the training ground has opened. Not only in terms of the results, but the contempt for Mark Ashton and anything mildly corporate sounding at the club. Perhaps some fans even see the name "Robins High Performance Centre" as an embodiment of the club's hierarchy trying to "talk the talk" instead of "walk the walk"?

Anyway, there are more pressing issues at the club right now that the name of the training ground!

16 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

What happened to Lee’s big TV and his drones? 

On the face of it both of those things seem like great tools for the coaches to use, like everything else it depends on how the information is acted upon, but I am not sure why it's one of the things used to beat Johnson around the head with.

On 28/05/2021 at 10:00, E.G.Red said:

Whilst I agree it’s cringeworthy I wonder if it’s because we have always accepted average or mediocre. 
There is a quote from Norman Vincent Peale ‘Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you’ll land amongst the stars.’ In other words even if you don’t achieve it you’ll still be in a better place from where you started. 

I see the HPC as part of the jigsaw to match our aspirations. 

But the stars are even further away. So if you shot something at the moon and missed, but it got as far as the stars, you are either a really crap aim, or your original bit of artillery was way to powerful for a moon shoot.

Unless your plan was to destroy the moon. 

This leads me to the following conclusions.

Either you're a Bond villain, or I've completely overthought this.

Quick question. Do you have a fluffy white cat and a revolving leather chair?

22 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

The Robin's nest ?

Think the sign at the entrance to the rugby training grounds says

THIS IS BEAR COUNTRY

Not bad….

Archived