IGNORED

Managerial Merrygoround , who goes where ?

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Would Barton be allowed to work in France with his criminal record and impending court case?

I'm sure the French government would bend the rules to attract a top manager* like Joey.

*in his head.

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I love the idea of a merry-go-round, can we bring it to the Championship? Build a merry-go-round with 24 seats and place a manager in each seat. Place the name of the clubs clockwise around it in alphabetical order. Spin the merry-go-round and where it stops is who you get. 

Only if it's a rigorous roundabout.

54 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I wonder how much Zidane actually enjoys managing. Wouldn't shock me if he never took another job. I could see Conte at PSG. Reckon Real may go a bit leftfield. I have no basis for that whatsoever. 

I reckon Conte would soon clash with Leonardo, the man with the true power at PSG, much as Tuchel did.

I'd love to see Raul get the Madrid job, which is certainly a possibility.

5 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I wonder how much Zidane actually enjoys managing. Wouldn't shock me if he never took another job. I could see Conte at PSG. Reckon Real may go a bit leftfield. I have no basis for that whatsoever. 

Agree on the Zidane thoughts. We all know he is a bit of an oddball .. but then it comes with the territory simply by being French.

9 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I love the idea of a merry-go-round, can we bring it to the Championship? Build a merry-go-round with 24 seats and place a manager in each seat. Place the name of the clubs clockwise around it in alphabetical order. Spin the merry-go-round and where it stops is who you get. 

Imagine if Brentford ended up with Warnock.

35 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Isn't Zinedine Zidane a Marseille boy? No love lost between them and Paris.

It's not as if someone like him needs to work.

I don't know what Zidane's motivations are but having wealth is not necessarily a reason to retire. For many successful people work is like a drug that they can't quit. 

51 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Isn't Zinedine Zidane a Marseille boy? No love lost between them and Paris.

It's not as if someone like him needs to work.

He is a son of Algerian immigrants. I don’t think parochial animosity would stop him taking the best job in French football.

PSG are the richest club by a mile. 

They have Mbappe and Neymar ( tough luck Holloway) and are guaranteed to get silverware  a bit like Celtic or Rangers in Scotland.

The coach of the new League champions , Lille, has left the post knowing that they can’t repeat the feat again.

Marseille are cash strapped and won’t be competitive in the immediate future.

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He is a son of Algerian immigrants. I don’t think parochial animosity would stop him taking the best job in French football.

PSG are the richest club by a mile. 

They have Mbappe and Neymar ( tough luck Holloway) and are guaranteed to get silverware  a bit like Celtic or Rangers in Scotland.

The coach of the new League champions , Lille, has left the post knowing that they can’t repeat the feat again.

Marseille are cash strapped and won’t be competitive in the immediate future.

Monaco strike me as a decent side, Lyon too- IF they can keep hold of their better players, they went quite deep into the title race this season and what can make it more encouraging is both of these two have younger players- keep them, grow as a side, improve and yes challenge for prizes.

15 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

Turned them down it's reported.

Because his back room staff from Bournemouth didn’t want to make the move.

Favourite for the Celtic job is now Ange Postecoglou. Known for his attacking  possession based football his current team Yokohama Marinos team beat a full strength Man City 3-1 in a pre season friendly .

Archived