IGNORED

Managerial Merrygoround , who goes where ?

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Spurs set to appoint Antonio Conte. That's one hell of a coup. Wonder if that might even be enough to convince Kane to stay. Potentially big things coming for Spurs if this all falls into place.

Good appointment for them if it happens, however I think Kane has got to the point where if he doesn't leave now, he never will.

Few years ago under Poch, I can see why he stayed on - Spurs were improving, and heading in the right direction, helped by the new stadium. He was torn about leaving then, and since then they haven't really gone anywhere.

He is probably at, or nearing, the peak of his career. Big fish in a medium sized pond, or star in a bigger team?

You put him in Man Citys team, they win the league next season. Man Utds, so long as they get a solid centreback in - push City. I'm not including Liverpool, as I don't think they would pay the transfer fee and/or wages to get him.

City will spend because they can, Utd I think, will try to get a big signing to help ease the issues between the board and fans.

I'm not convinced he would go abroad unless Madrid come calling, but saying that his mate Bale probably wouldn't be encouraging it much. PSG, maybe.

Levy will also be aware that if he doesn't sell now, chances are that they will never get a higher price for Kane. He'll get every penny that he can from the buying club(s) because that's what he does.

Be interesting to see where he is next season.

Going back to managers - OGS I think has bought himself an extra year at least. Think he needs a trophy of some kind at least next season though or he'll be out.

Does seem to be a lot of managers going back to clubs, or at least being linked with a return to former clubs. I've never got that, as in most cases, unless you leave for a bigger job, you either leave because you're sacked, or walk out before you're given the boot.

Strange world, but then as has been said many times before, football seems to be one of the only jobs where you can do badly, in the public eye, and still get another job!

10 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Managerial vacancy at Everton now that Ancelotti has walked out and gone back to Real Madrid....

There's potential for quite an interesting appointment there. They've got money and are one of those clubs who could (if everything goes right) break into that top 6. I see the front runners are Nuno Santo and David Moyes. I think they should have a look at Potter from Brighton personally. 

2 hours ago, Taz said:

Good appointment for them if it happens, however I think Kane has got to the point where if he doesn't leave now, he never will.

Few years ago under Poch, I can see why he stayed on - Spurs were improving, and heading in the right direction, helped by the new stadium. He was torn about leaving then, and since then they haven't really gone anywhere.

He is probably at, or nearing, the peak of his career. Big fish in a medium sized pond, or star in a bigger team?

You put him in Man Citys team, they win the league next season. Man Utds, so long as they get a solid centreback in - push City. I'm not including Liverpool, as I don't think they would pay the transfer fee and/or wages to get him.

City will spend because they can, Utd I think, will try to get a big signing to help ease the issues between the board and fans.

I'm not convinced he would go abroad unless Madrid come calling, but saying that his mate Bale probably wouldn't be encouraging it much. PSG, maybe.

Levy will also be aware that if he doesn't sell now, chances are that they will never get a higher price for Kane. He'll get every penny that he can from the buying club(s) because that's what he does.

Be interesting to see where he is next season.

Going back to managers - OGS I think has bought himself an extra year at least. Think he needs a trophy of some kind at least next season though or he'll be out.

Does seem to be a lot of managers going back to clubs, or at least being linked with a return to former clubs. I've never got that, as in most cases, unless you leave for a bigger job, you either leave because you're sacked, or walk out before you're given the boot.

Strange world, but then as has been said many times before, football seems to be one of the only jobs where you can do badly, in the public eye, and still get another job!

A lot of good points re Kane. I think it's a head vs heart thing for him. Realistically a move now would suit all parties, Kane can go lift trophies, Spurs get 100m (or whatever it will be) and the buying club gets Kane. I have a feeling though he's desperate to do it with Spurs, and with Conte coming in, maybe he'll see this as one last opportunity to make that happen. Especially if the club and Conte push for it. I rate Conte really highly (breaking the Juve hold on Serie A is incredible), and think with Kane they could do something really special next season, especially when you consider they do have some quality throughout the Spurs squad (Son, Hojbjerg, Reguillon, Lo Celso). I've been wrong many times before, this is all just a gut thing really. 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There's potential for quite an interesting appointment there. They've got money and are one of those clubs who could (if everything goes right) break into that top 6. I see the front runners are Nuno Santo and David Moyes. I think they should have a look at Potter from Brighton personally. 

Everton, my second team, are very much like City where any player or manager that goes there who was amazing where they were previously never reach those same same levels at Everton.

Ancellotti being a prime example

On 28/05/2021 at 20:12, Ska Junkie said:

Isn't Zinedine Zidane a Marseille boy? No love lost between them and Paris.

It's not as if someone like him needs to work.

I was going to say, pretty sure he's Algerian as much as French. 

Fairly useful player in his day, mind 

Archived