IGNORED

Is it excitement or a lack of medication?

HappyClapper

I know it’s nuts.

I’m old enough to know better. We were so bad at the end of last season it’s still giving me nightmares...

However, Nige has been ruthless and has cleared out most of the underachieving, overpaid players. He has a relatively blank canvas. And I am really excited about what he could do and what’s to come. Is this our Pat Lam moment?

I really think so.

I am glued to the transfer forum and really enjoying the suggestions in general and the analysis of players posted by Fevs specifically. Outstanding contributions from many posters, but I would single out Harry for a mention too.

It feels like this is one of the biggest summers in our history. A manager who knows exactly what he’s doing. An owner who is willing to back him. And an understanding from all that it will take some time. It feels like all the ingredients for success.

The obvious caveat is that we are Bristol City, and if anyone could find a way to mess this up...

Anyone else feeling it or should I call the nurse?

2 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

In my case Happy, much in life is down to the medication, which is of quite considerable strength (true).

However, I remain cautiously optimistic about NP's tenure. Next season will be hard going though, I imagine. 

I’m a little medicated now RA if truth be told!

The next few seasons just seem so full of possibilities. I haven’t felt that for a long time.

I’m feeling pretty meh about it. We’ve got a helluva lot of work to do, massive changes needed in terms of personnel and mentality.

I still can’t get over how weak we were mentally this season, we folded like a deck chair. 

It’s left some damage that will take a while for me to get excited.

54 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

I know it’s nuts.

I’m old enough to know better. We were so bad at the end of last season it’s still giving me nightmares...

However, Nige has been ruthless and has cleared out most of the underachieving, overpaid players. He has a relatively blank canvas. And I am really excited about what he could do and what’s to come. Is this our Pat Lam moment?

I really think so.

I am glued to the transfer forum and really enjoying the suggestions in general and the analysis of players posted by Fevs specifically. Outstanding contributions from many posters, but I would single out Harry for a mention too.

It feels like this is one of the biggest summers in our history. A manager who knows exactly what he’s doing. An owner who is willing to back him. And an understanding from all that it will take some time. It feels like all the ingredients for success.

The obvious caveat is that we are Bristol City, and if anyone could find a way to mess this up...

Anyone else feeling it or should I call the nurse?

Nurse !!!

I’m cautiously optimistic. With a director of football or head of recruitment in place, I’d be very optimistic.

I think Pearson deserves his chance but there’s the caveat there’s no Steve Walsh or Rob McKenzie, and I’m conscious that this recruitment team he inherited has failed to deliver any players to improve us (Brownhill and Webster we’re LJ’s signings). 

Without that expertise and looking at the scale of the job, I wouldn’t be surprised to see it fail. But it does feel like a genuine breath of fresh air now the stench of Ashton’s been removed and I’m prepared to give him time. Who knows, the chemistry might click and surprise us all sooner than we think.

Archived