IGNORED

Champions League Final Irritation

Red_Alligator

How would you like it described?

Both clubs are based in England and play in the English league system. It's a match being played by two English teams. Players and managers may hail from elsewhere, but they are transient, the physical location of the clubs is fixed. 

If you disagree then what is your threshold and criteria for it to be acceptable to refer to a team as being "from" a certain nation? Is Bristol City an "English" club? We are owned by an Englishman...but he lives in the Channel Islands. Our squad this season just gone included 11 players of either sole or dual nationality that is not English - is that ok or does that stop us being English? Our two top scorers are from Bermuda and Senegal.

If you really want to complain about the choice of language then fair enough, but it seems a little trivial.

Reece james, Ben Chilwell, Mason Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham, Phil Foden, Kyle Walker, John Stones & Raheem Sterling.

Not bad taking into account Real Madrid will have 0 Spanish players there. 

6 minutes ago, SBB said:

Reece james, Ben Chillwell, Mason Mount, Phil Foden, Kyle Walker, John Stones & Raheem Sterling.

Not bad taking into account Real Madrid will have 0 Spanish players there. 

Not to mention that each club has a number of Englishmen working in the backroom staff.

28 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

An "all English affair" I keep reading/hearing.

Really? Who? Owners? Managers? Players? 

How many of the players will be representing England in the upcoming Euro's?

That old chestnut,if City played Rovers tomorrow how many Bristolians would be playing and I guess you wouldn’t take any delight in us stuffing them 

3 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

You’re right, Priti Patel should load them all up into a van and deport these freeloaders! 

19 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

2 clubs based in England. Not rocket science is it?

I think the top teams have a reasonably high representation of home grown players compared to some recent years. We’ve seen Arsenal not name a single English player, and maybe 1 or 2 would have been in the squads for this sort of game.

19 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Brexit means Brexit IMO.

Strange comment

14 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Don't worry about Covid lads?

I'm all for getting back to normal and people being able to do what they want how they want again and that's a nice reminder of what it was like and something to look forward to but it's also pretty embarrassing. 

Looking after football fans is like hurdling cats at the best of time now it's happened I hope they have a good time and no one gets hurt. 

4 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I'm all for getting back to normal and people being able to do what they want how they want again and that's a nice reminder of what it was like and something to look forward to but it's also pretty embarrassing. 

Looking after football fans is like hurdling cats at the best of time now it's happened I hope they have a good time and no one gets hurt. 

I agree it's great to see fans at football events again enjoying themselves without any trouble but the only problem is the majority wouldn't have had a vaccine yet and who knows how many could be carrying the virus unless they have to quarantine when they return. Not sure about those man bags creeping in with the fashion tho!

56 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I think they had to have a negative test before leaving, which they had to pay for I believe.

Just spoke to a Man City fan. In total it's four tests. 

1. 72 hours before travel;
  2. on arrival;
  3. on return back to home; and
  4. 72 hours after return.

Also apparently Sheikh Mansour paid for every ticket, and paid for every flight (or chartered a bunch of emirates planes to fly them all over).

Gary Lineker..........and I quote   "We are guaranteed an English winner tonight"   Ha!   There are only 5 English players on the pitch, still I am  looking forward to Man City putting those southern softies in their place?  ? ?

Archived