IGNORED

Champions League Final Irritation

Red_Alligator

6 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

Leicester probably don’t feel as bad for missing out on top 4 now as they’d have been bumped out by Chelsea anyway 

As they are now the winners, If Chelsea had finished 5th, top 5 would have qualified.

Just now, TomF said:

Whyyyy do commentators apologise for swearing when it’s gone 10pm ffs

They hate having to do it but I understand it is required by Ofcom. Possibly because we football fans are known for our delicate sensibilities. In fact I'm clutching my pearls right now, I was so shocked.

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

I wonder what Frank Lampard's doing tonight? On the blower to LJ asking where it all went wrong, I reckon ....

In fairness he deserves credit as he got them out the group.

2 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Pep being like LJ, messed around with the team and failed 

Fernandinho or AN Other I don't think is open to question & Pep called it wrong. Watkins or O'Dowda, or Patterson, or Adelakun or.... well, I don't blame Johnson for calling that wrong because they're ALL indistinguishably crap.

Oops......

Joey Barton

@Joey7Barton

·

3hGood luck to my old club

@ManCity

tonight. 1st attempt at becoming Champions of Europe. Cannot see how Chelsea can stop

@PepTeam

side tonight. De Bruyne, the best in the business. Those calibre of players usually rise to these occasions

9 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Fernandinho or AN Other I don't think is open to question & Pep called it wrong. Watkins or O'Dowda, or Patterson, or Adelakun or.... well, I don't blame Johnson for calling that wrong because they're ALL indistinguishably crap.

Should have played a recognisable striker from the off 

9 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I should imagine giving himself a pat on the back,would Mount be any where near the Chelsea starting eleven without him,I think we all no the answer to that 

Now had you said he gave James his debut or signed Havertz you'd have a point ...

But as he played them in an ineffective set-up, well, that's why somebody else is lifting the biggest club trophy with a squad that mostly he had access to.

3 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Should have played a recognisable striker from the off 

Who, Pep or Johnson?

Pep played the 'false 9' all season and scored more than anybody else.  Johnson played the 'duff 9' and didn't (even look like scoring.) Odd as LJ kept banging on about how he was on Pep's speed-dial.

2 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

I'm biased because I've been self-appointed head of his fan club since he scored that screamer against us but how good was Reece James?! Sterling didn't get a kick. Chilwell won the majority of his individual duels as well. Good full back options for the euro's. 

Both were brilliant tonight.

Archived