IGNORED

Updates from the Algarve...

Aslanovic

Now that I’m sadly heading back to Blighty, I’m happy to share some of my football encounters from the hotel. (I’ll leave out the numerous dreadful reality tv people here...!)

I mentioned on another thread that at the start of the week I’d met three current city players in Kalas, Bentley and O’Dowda. I managed to have good chats with the first two and very brief with O’Dowda. By far the happiest to chat and most open was Bentley. 

A few of the highlights from bents were;

- No transfer in the pipeline and the links on Twitter are just nonsense....flattering, but nonsense.

- Really likes Bristol and is totally bought into the club with what we’re trying to achieve. Did mention how great the facilities are now etc. But wants to move forward as a club now, not just have potential. Really didn’t get the impression he would leave unless it was a ridiculous offer, plus the number one spot.

- spoke really highly of Massengo. Thinks he’s a top talent and will have a big season next year.

- Asked who he thought the best player at City was, but really struggled (not surprising considering the season we’ve had!!) eventually settled on Kalas.

- Spoke about the players OOC and asked if it’s distracting to the team etc. Knowing players are running down deals. He said it’s not like that in the dressing room and it’s more just sad when mates move on - they just get on with playing.

- On Pearson, he said he loves his straight forward approach and the players are totally bought into what he wants to do with the team. Also a positive word on Lansdown and everything he does for the club.

So after meeting these guys, a number of players form other teams have been arriving, most notably yesterday was one Gary Cahill. Turns out he’s not ready to leave the Prem and come to the West Country!

And finally, this morning, the wife points out a guy at breakfast saying he must be close to seven foot. It’s only bloody Flinty (and Marlon Pack, but he was not there for the first moment of excitement!) Sadly the wife has no idea why this has topped them all for me. I’ve sent her to google Flint, Hat-trick, Walsall. Hopefully that will do the trick.

I've been seeing the photos on my Facebook feed of the scenes in Porto ahead of the CL final. Makes me wish I still lived there. If you're considering holidaying to Portugal, you don't have to follow the herd to the Algarve. Go to Porto and you'll never want to leave. I'm off to sob into my vinho tinto.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Top stalking!

Can you just base yourself at Luslsgate / Avon Gorge Hotel for the rest of the summer.  You look like you have the skills.

No need. Dave Kitsons hair is so orange you dont even need to spy to spot him arriving for his contract signing!

1 hour ago, Porto Red said:

I've been seeing the photos on my Facebook feed of the scenes in Porto ahead of the CL final. Makes me wish I still lived there. If you're considering holidaying to Portugal, you don't have to follow the herd to the Algarve. Go to Porto and you'll never want to leave. I'm off to sob into my vinho tinto.

Brittany Ferries re-opening a ferry route there from Plymouth/Portsmouth.

9 hours ago, Aslanovic said:

Now that I’m sadly heading back to Blighty, I’m happy to share some of my football encounters from the hotel. (I’ll leave out the numerous dreadful reality tv people here...!)

I mentioned on another thread that at the start of the week I’d met three current city players in Kalas, Bentley and O’Dowda. I managed to have good chats with the first two and very brief with O’Dowda. By far the happiest to chat and most open was Bentley. 

A few of the highlights from bents were;

- No transfer in the pipeline and the links on Twitter are just nonsense....flattering, but nonsense.

- Really likes Bristol and is totally bought into the club with what we’re trying to achieve. Did mention how great the facilities are now etc. But wants to move forward as a club now, not just have potential. Really didn’t get the impression he would leave unless it was a ridiculous offer, plus the number one spot.

- spoke really highly of Massengo. Thinks he’s a top talent and will have a big season next year.

- Asked who he thought the best player at City was, but really struggled (not surprising considering the season we’ve had!!) eventually settled on Kalas.

- Spoke about the players OOC and asked if it’s distracting to the team etc. Knowing players are running down deals. He said it’s not like that in the dressing room and it’s more just sad when mates move on - they just get on with playing.

- On Pearson, he said he loves his straight forward approach and the players are totally bought into what he wants to do with the team. Also a positive word on Lansdown and everything he does for the club.

So after meeting these guys, a number of players form other teams have been arriving, most notably yesterday was one Gary Cahill. Turns out he’s not ready to leave the Prem and come to the West Country!

And finally, this morning, the wife points out a guy at breakfast saying he must be close to seven foot. It’s only bloody Flinty (and Marlon Pack, but he was not there for the first moment of excitement!) Sadly the wife has no idea why this has topped them all for me. I’ve sent her to google Flint, Hat-trick, Walsall. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Footballers are like politicians, everything is rosey until they are sacked. Then they say what they really think. 

14 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Brittany Ferries re-opening a ferry route there from Plymouth/Portsmouth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still in Portugalia, just in the arse end of nowhere up in the mountains nowadays. My mum was considering taking this ferry route as she is cautious about the close confines of a plane, but I thought they had since cancelled the plans? I don't know for sure as 
I don't follow the news in any language. Top tip for your mental health folks!

55 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm still in Portugalia, just in the arse end of nowhere up in the mountains nowadays. My mum was considering taking this ferry route as she is cautious about the close confines of a plane, but I thought they had since cancelled the plans? I don't know for sure as 

Latest info, http://brittanyferriesemail.com/interface/external_view_email.php?AQ915008400884469997241352zzzzz641e9cbb9a2bde8f5c25ee955fb81b5f54b63cbe2d04806d69b51bbcd329952e84&varId=

11 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Is there only one hotel open in the Algarve?!?

I was chatting to my boss the other day and he said there’s a hotel just outside Villamoura, which I assume might be this one these footballers are staying in, which he says is possibly the most luxurious hotel he’s ever stayed in - and he’s been about! 

Not sure if this is where they are, but it’s definitely a rich boys hang out. 

So I managed to catch up with Flinty.

- Never wanted to leave and would have stayed on terms less than boro were offering.

- Referenced how lucky he was at City to play at Wembley and the amazing cup run.

- Is not a fan of Mark Ashton....feels he just sold whatever he could without regard to the needs of the club (mentioned himself, Bobby, Joe, Webby). 

- Told him he was my favourite City player.....he replied ‘What do you mean Was!?!’??

- Asked him if he knew how much the fans loved him for his ‘No, No’ about Swindon. It put a smile on his face! He said he loved the chant about it.

- I asked him if he would come back given the opportunity....he replied ‘never say never, but I’m probably too old now for what City are doing.’

- Said he felt sorry for Dean Holden, said he’s a really great guy.

- Said he’s in contact with Hunt and Andi W.

- I asked if he looks out for our results, ‘Of course, and I want them to do well....but I want Cardiff to finish higher in the table.

At that point I left.

Top, top guy though and I loved every minute chatting to him.

10 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Careful Porto, you'll get moved by the Stasi to the propaganda threads.

I had my valuable lap top nicked in Porto.. left a bitter taste. Police were utterly useless.

9 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Careful Porto, you'll get moved by the Stasi to the propaganda threads.

I had my valuable lap top nicked in Porto.. left a bitter taste. Police were utterly useless.

They were probably searching their databases using your laptop :laughcont:

Archived