IGNORED

Brentford v Swansea today at 3 pm

Jerseybean

Congratulations to Brentford.

A lot of teams who go up as the unknown quantity end up having a strong first season in the top flight. It won't be easy for them but I've got a feeling they may do better than the two automatically promoted clubs.

Good luck to them next season.

16 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Congratulations Brentford shows you don’t need to spend huge sums of money to be successful. 

Agree to some extent but Toney was 5 mil with adds on possibly 10 million…

I wonder now they have reached the promised land another wedge heading towards Peterborough… like 5 million quid ?  Hopefully Bees new stadium packed next season.

A lesson here for BCFC

12 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Struggling for goals again tho...sort it out Pearson !!

Matching everyone else for goals conceded though, keep a tight defence and we are up!

Well done Brentford, will miss a chance to go to their new ground though ( if away fans are allowed anytime soon). They have seriously been building a team for a few years now, look and learn City.

25 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

They do deserve it don’t they. And despite the way they’ve dominated us for a few years I do quite like them somehow. Good job lads. See you in a couple months Swansea you dossers ?

They're just...not arseholes. Dunno about you but I've shared an office, and many pints, with Brentford fans and there's no entitlement, no superiority.

I use to live a 20min bike ride from Griffin Park and I've sat in their home end as well as the away end, that stadium was a great day out home and away, and the fans are pretty sound.

It's just a good day for football.

It's been a long time coming for Brentford and fully deserved. A club which is extremely well run and very likeable with its ethos of playing. I agree with the posters @Midlands Robin that I think they will finish the highest of the promoted bunch.

If anyone has seen the movie moneyball, Brentford remind me of this. A philosophy of recruiting we have tried to employ under johnson yet came up short. Congratulations to Brentford and Matthew Benham, everyone loves an underdog (even if they were the favourites today)!

58 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Agree to some extent but Toney was 5 mil with adds on possibly 10 million…

I wonder now they have reached the promised land another wedge heading towards Peterborough… like 5 million quid ?  Hopefully Bees new stadium packed next season.

A lesson here for BCFC

35 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

They're just...not arseholes. Dunno about you but I've shared an office, and many pints, with Brentford fans and there's no entitlement, no superiority.

I use to live a 20min bike ride from Griffin Park and I've sat in their home end as well as the away end, that stadium was a great day out home and away, and the fans are pretty sound.

I thought their away fans were right knobs the season Freeman got sent off. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Steve Cooper basically confirmed he’s off this summer in that post match presser. Talk about time and a place. Be fuming if I was a Swansea fan

I don’t think they’ll be fuming. The majority will be really happy as they hate the style of football he plays.

Well done Brentford!  A great effort considering last year's play off final defeat and maintaining the form into this season, despite losing players. Not sure how they'll fair in the Premier League next season, but they should enjoy their celebrations tonight before playing the like of tonight's CL final.....

As for Swansea, ha ha ha!

Would love NP to use the example of Brentford in the dressing room during pre-season - if they can do it, why can't we? And challenge Nahki Wells to get 30+ goals.....

6 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Well done Brentford!  A great effort considering last year's play off final defeat and maintaining the form into this season, despite losing players. Not sure how they'll fair in the Premier League next season, but they should enjoy their celebrations tonight before playing the like of tonight's CL final.....

As for Swansea, ha ha ha!

Would love NP to use the example of Brentford in the dressing room during pre-season - if they can do it, why can't we? And challenge Nahki Wells to get 30+ goals.....

Oh My God Reaction GIF

Great to see- been well run for some years, a unique model- and without Parachute Payments. Bit like their opponents today 10 years ago in that respect. Congratulations to Brentford.

Gives a little bit of hope to the rest of us that it isn't just Parachute Clubs for Promotion. Wish them well- think they could have done better had they gone up a year ago with players such as Benrahma and Watkins but a good base to build on.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Great to see- been well run for some years, a unique model- and without Parachute Payments. Bit like their opponents today 10 years ago in that respect. Congratulations to Brentford.

Gives a little bit of hope to the rest of us that it isn't just Parachute Clubs for Promotion. Wish them well- think they could have done better had they gone up a year ago with players such as Benrahma and Watkins but a good base to build on.

You can bet they already have their recruitment for next season sorted too.

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I remember when we relegated the Bees at Ashton Gate when we had nothing to play for - we annihilated them something like 4-1 - I think Leroy Rosenior may even have notched a hatrick - walking out and seeing how upset their fans were I felt really bad for them - that doesn’t happen often! But they are a very likeable club and they have very loyal fans - to exist so close to Chelsea, Fulham and QPR proves their loyalty. Top fans - and their chant at the play off semi when they beat the Cherries was class - to the tune of ‘Knees up Mother Brown” .... “Bees Up Fulham Down” ... I did chuckle ... fair play to Brentford, they fully deserve their promotion - they’ve been a very very good footballing side in this division (not league) for a few years now ... they must love being the second best club in West London now - good on ‘em ...

Well done Brentford, a well deserved promotion. Their track record in recruitment is up there with Leicester but hopefully we can fill the void in the championship that their promotion will create

21 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Well done Brentford. Been a pleasure to watch this season

Thanks very much there’s been some very kind and positive posts on here over the years and it means so much more than these jumped up football commentators who even make me want to puke when they spout on about us.I’ve never forgotten how they all ridiculed us after Warburton left us led on by the likes of Harry Redknap and Micky Quinn on our mental structure.

33 minutes ago, Bill the Bee said:

Thanks very much there’s been some very kind and positive posts on here over the years and it means so much more than these jumped up football commentators who even make me want to puke when they spout on about us.I’ve never forgotten how they all ridiculed us after Warburton left us led on by the likes of Harry Redknap and Micky Quinn on our mental structure.

Quite, so many of the opinions of the kind of people you mention are totally uninformed. Too lazy to do some research before sounding off.

Think Danny Mills and his claim that Sheff Utd played a long ball game or more recently Souness defending the Glazers, apparently unaware what a leveraged buy out is.

Anyway, congratulations and good luck next season. I don't suppose we'll be hearing from you for a while!

Archived