Jump to content
IGNORED

Brentford v Swansea today at 3 pm


Recommended Posts

Congratulations to Brentford.

A lot of teams who go up as the unknown quantity end up having a strong first season in the top flight. It won't be easy for them but I've got a feeling they may do better than the two automatically promoted clubs.

Good luck to them next season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Congratulations Brentford shows you don’t need to spend huge sums of money to be successful. 

Agree to some extent but Toney was 5 mil with adds on possibly 10 million…

I wonder now they have reached the promised land another wedge heading towards Peterborough… like 5 million quid ?  Hopefully Bees new stadium packed next season.

A lesson here for BCFC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Struggling for goals again tho...sort it out Pearson !!

Matching everyone else for goals conceded though, keep a tight defence and we are up!

Well done Brentford, will miss a chance to go to their new ground though ( if away fans are allowed anytime soon). They have seriously been building a team for a few years now, look and learn City.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

They do deserve it don’t they. And despite the way they’ve dominated us for a few years I do quite like them somehow. Good job lads. See you in a couple months Swansea you dossers 😁

They're just...not arseholes. Dunno about you but I've shared an office, and many pints, with Brentford fans and there's no entitlement, no superiority.

I use to live a 20min bike ride from Griffin Park and I've sat in their home end as well as the away end, that stadium was a great day out home and away, and the fans are pretty sound.

It's just a good day for football.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been a long time coming for Brentford and fully deserved. A club which is extremely well run and very likeable with its ethos of playing. I agree with the posters @Midlands Robin that I think they will finish the highest of the promoted bunch.

If anyone has seen the movie moneyball, Brentford remind me of this. A philosophy of recruiting we have tried to employ under johnson yet came up short. Congratulations to Brentford and Matthew Benham, everyone loves an underdog (even if they were the favourites today)!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Agree to some extent but Toney was 5 mil with adds on possibly 10 million…

I wonder now they have reached the promised land another wedge heading towards Peterborough… like 5 million quid ?  Hopefully Bees new stadium packed next season.

A lesson here for BCFC

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

They're just...not arseholes. Dunno about you but I've shared an office, and many pints, with Brentford fans and there's no entitlement, no superiority.

I use to live a 20min bike ride from Griffin Park and I've sat in their home end as well as the away end, that stadium was a great day out home and away, and the fans are pretty sound.

It's just a good day for football.

I thought their away fans were right knobs the season Freeman got sent off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Steve Cooper basically confirmed he’s off this summer in that post match presser. Talk about time and a place. Be fuming if I was a Swansea fan

I don’t think they’ll be fuming. The majority will be really happy as they hate the style of football he plays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well done Brentford!  A great effort considering last year's play off final defeat and maintaining the form into this season, despite losing players. Not sure how they'll fair in the Premier League next season, but they should enjoy their celebrations tonight before playing the like of tonight's CL final.....

As for Swansea, ha ha ha!

Would love NP to use the example of Brentford in the dressing room during pre-season - if they can do it, why can't we? And challenge Nahki Wells to get 30+ goals.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Well done Brentford!  A great effort considering last year's play off final defeat and maintaining the form into this season, despite losing players. Not sure how they'll fair in the Premier League next season, but they should enjoy their celebrations tonight before playing the like of tonight's CL final.....

As for Swansea, ha ha ha!

Would love NP to use the example of Brentford in the dressing room during pre-season - if they can do it, why can't we? And challenge Nahki Wells to get 30+ goals.....

Oh My God Reaction GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great to see- been well run for some years, a unique model- and without Parachute Payments. Bit like their opponents today 10 years ago in that respect. Congratulations to Brentford.

Gives a little bit of hope to the rest of us that it isn't just Parachute Clubs for Promotion. Wish them well- think they could have done better had they gone up a year ago with players such as Benrahma and Watkins but a good base to build on.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Great to see- been well run for some years, a unique model- and without Parachute Payments. Bit like their opponents today 10 years ago in that respect. Congratulations to Brentford.

Gives a little bit of hope to the rest of us that it isn't just Parachute Clubs for Promotion. Wish them well- think they could have done better had they gone up a year ago with players such as Benrahma and Watkins but a good base to build on.

You can bet they already have their recruitment for next season sorted too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

They're just...not arseholes. Dunno about you but I've shared an office, and many pints, with Brentford fans and there's no entitlement, no superiority.

I use to live a 20min bike ride from Griffin Park and I've sat in their home end as well as the away end, that stadium was a great day out home and away, and the fans are pretty sound.

It's just a good day for football.

I remember when we relegated the Bees at Ashton Gate when we had nothing to play for - we annihilated them something like 4-1 - I think Leroy Rosenior may even have notched a hatrick - walking out and seeing how upset their fans were I felt really bad for them - that doesn’t happen often! But they are a very likeable club and they have very loyal fans - to exist so close to Chelsea, Fulham and QPR proves their loyalty. Top fans - and their chant at the play off semi when they beat the Cherries was class - to the tune of ‘Knees up Mother Brown” .... “Bees Up Fulham Down” ... I did chuckle ... fair play to Brentford, they fully deserve their promotion - they’ve been a very very good footballing side in this division (not league) for a few years now ... they must love being the second best club in West London now - good on ‘em ...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well done Brentford, a well deserved promotion. Their track record in recruitment is up there with Leicester but hopefully we can fill the void in the championship that their promotion will create

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, TomF said:

Touch of JET with that pen 

Exactly what I thought at the time, they certainly don't exert themselves, seems to work for them both though.

Edited by pillred
Punctuation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...