IGNORED

Cheating

redsocks

Is it cheating or are players today too weak to battle on as pretty certain years ago the star/skilled players would take knock after knock and continue to impress? Far too easy now for players to have niggles that keep them out for weeks, especially considering clubs had a squad of 12/13 and then young players.

14 minutes ago, redsocks said:

It's about time football officials were aloud to send off players for deliberately stopping players as shown tonight.rudiger took out Kdb on purpose and only got a yellow.this cheating needs to be stopped.

I watched The Big Match revisited this morning (only because ForcesTV were repeating an episode of The Dukes Of Hazard that was on a couple of weeks ago), if this suggestion had been made and adopted back in the 70s and 80s, matches would have been abandoned before half time.... if they'd even been staged, judging by the ploughed fields they played on.

2 minutes ago, WOODSY1111 said:

Is it cheating or are players today too weak to battle on as pretty certain years ago the star/skilled players would take knock after knock and continue to impress? Far too easy now for players to have niggles that keep them out for weeks, especially considering clubs had a squad of 12/13 and then young players.

Its not even that, too many players are feigning injuries to win fouls and get players booked, just like Jorginho went down heavily and got up quickly after no foul, was it Azpelicueta went down screaming with his hand in the air got the game stopped by the ref out of concern with the reaction, broke up any momentum again and turned out to be fine and was sprinting around just after. Players know refs will more often stop now as if they don't stop for a genuine serious injury they'll get bollocked for it for endangering a player so to say.

4 minutes ago, WOODSY1111 said:

Agree players are softer but can’t be allowed to carry on with potential concussion and rightly so.

I thought the officials tonight were top notch. Called everything as they should. Gave nothing to those protesting, called everything immediately and as justified and as later evidenced by TV.

Rudiger deserved yellow for a body-check and that's what he got. KDB is the best player I've ever seen live, but tonight he struggled, badly. That he went off in the way he did was sad of a player befitting his extraordinary talent, but tonight, on the biggest of stages, he didn't perform. I think that and not his shiner, was the reason for his grief.

5 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Agree players are softer but can’t be allowed to carry on with potential concussion and rightly so.

Save, unlike the NFL, there was no concussion protocol. Left to sit in the stand, on his own, with a bag of ice. Walked accompanied down the tunnel once the game was over.

If they're that bothered by concussion do as the NFL, have neurological assessment in a medical unit immediately available and FORCE players to use it.

Why limit it to Chelsea all of the football I have seen on TV has players going down for the slightest of touches winning penalties and free kicks. It’s FOOTball so some feet will come together but it’s not a foul every time they do, the play acting by most players has gone too far for me and I wish the referees could be aware of it and book the divers.

1 hour ago, redsocks said:

Chelsea deserved to win 2nite but have become a team of drivers and cheats as shown 2 nite.and in the last few weeks.

Ah cos Sterling didn't fall down anytime James got within 2 feet of him...

1 hour ago, WOODSY1111 said:

Good point - back in my fave era John Robertson used to get cut in half by the cloggers who realised he was a valuable winger for Forest so tried to ‘sort him out’ because refs were sooooo much more lenient back then. So what did Robbo do? He kept going, picked himself up and just kept playing - his reward? His amazing cross onto the head of Francis made Forest champions of Europe, then a year later he scored a great goal in the final  to ensure Forest were champions of Europe again - an amazing achievement.

... and back then, funnily enough, the players didn’t routinely leave the field of play when they were tackled hard by the opposition - they just seemed to see it as being part of the game, especially when they were renowned for being a skilful, creative player - the outrageously overpaid show ponies who adorn the modern game of football today would have been cowering in the dressing room back in the 70s and 80s - shit scared to come out because the opposition had some robust players who liked to tackle ... when I shared a few beers with Gerry Gow in his local pub he gladly listed the players who he knew were scared of him before they’d left the tunnel and got onto the field ... legend

8 hours ago, WOODSY1111 said:

Did you see KDB on the touchline, swelling and bruising around the eye socket, looking very dazed? There is no way he should have "battling on", especially from what we all know about the longer effects of concussion injuries now.

9 hours ago, WOODSY1111 said:

Some players (Steve Brooker springs to mind) would simply not play if they had the slightest niggle. They wouldn’t risk making the niggle into something more serious. I certainly don’t have a problem with that.Better to miss one game than be out for weeks.

However, other players would do pretty much anything to play. They’d have injections, strapping or painkillers if it meant they could start the game - it’s mindset and no different these days than years ago. If anything with advanced medical developments, it’s easier now to play with an injury but the risk remains of making it worse.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Steve Brooker springs to mind

Funny Brooker springs to your mind as for me Rob Edwards was master of the sicknote.

Tickly throat, runny nose, verruca, hangnail, not for Rob to battle through adversity.

That said our present squad run him pretty close.

41 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Funny Brooker springs to your mind as for me Rob Edwards was master of the sicknote.

Tickly throat, runny nose, verruca, hangnail, not for Rob to battle through adversity.

That said our present squad run him pretty close.

Callum O’Dowda

10 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Why limit it to Chelsea all of the football I have seen on TV has players going down for the slightest of touches winning penalties and free kicks. It’s FOOTball so some feet will come together but it’s not a foul every time they do, the play acting by most players has gone too far for me and I wish the referees could be aware of it and book the divers.

Football has become a sport to gain an advantage at all cost

11 hours ago, WOODSY1111 said:

Did you see the state of KDB after the collision? Left the pitch with a black eye and not knowing what day of the week it was. Wouldn’t for one second say he was weak on that occasion.

If red cards are given to players for challenges that endanger an opponent then Rudiger could have had little complaint had that been a red card, checking someone like that whilst in full flow.

36 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Football has become a sport to gain an advantage at all cost

Surely not Brazil?

Every media persons’ favourite team? The samba stars?

Absolutely the biggest cheats going, & have been for many years.

First team I saw with a centre half who would feign injury after any aerial challenge (Lucio).

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Surely not Brazil?

Every media persons’ favourite team? The samba stars?

Absolutely the biggest cheats going, & have been for many years.

First team I saw with a centre half who would feign injury after any aerial challenge (Lucio).

The media darlings of sport! 

I watched Bridgwater Town v Bradford Town yesterday, in the Western league cup final.

The cheating and diving was rife even at that level. Players feigning injury’s, screaming when literally just touched.

The game is in a sad state of affairs when this is going on at this low level.

The officials are being given an impossible task trying to judge who is feigning, or who is actually injured.

8 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I watched Bridgwater Town v Bradford Town yesterday, in the Western league cup final.

The cheating and diving was rife even at that level. Players feigning injury’s, screaming when literally just touched.

The game is in a sad state of affairs when this is going on at this low level.

The officials are being given an impossible task trying to judge who is feigning, or who is actually injured.

Imagine i that level of cheating crept into Rugby sport would be dead 

Football is full of cheating.  You watch every game and every team. Every player cheats.

How often do you see a player touch another's arm/shoulder/back and find that invisible button that switches the players legs off and causes them to roll around on the floor. Cheating to gain an advantage from the ref.

It's encouraged in the game to cheat to get an advantage. Nothing will ever change.

4 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Football is full of cheating.  You watch every game and every team. Every player cheats.

How often do you see a player touch another's arm/shoulder/back and find that invisible button that switches the players legs off and causes them to roll around on the floor. Cheating to gain an advantage from the ref.

It's encouraged in the game to cheat to get an advantage. Nothing will ever change.

Try not to laugh?

We see players block off other players all the time. They are booked 99/100 times and both players play on 99/100 times. It was unfortunate that KDB went off injured but it is a game where that can happen. 

I was watching man city play leeds a few weeks ago. Leeds had a counter where Rafinha was going through and Fernandinho chopped him down at full sprint. Was much more dangerous and cynical and only received a yellow. 

Guess my point is, it isn’t cheating if the foul is called. Rudiger was rightly booked for it last night too. KDB going off injured is irrelevant in the situation. 

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

We see players block off other players all the time. They are booked 99/100 times and both players play on 99/100 times. It was unfortunate that KDB went off injured but it is a game where that can happen. 

I was watching man city play leeds a few weeks ago. Leeds had a counter where Rafinha was going through and Fernandinho chopped him down at full sprint. Was much more dangerous and cynical and only received a yellow. 

Guess my point is, it isn’t cheating if the foul is called. Rudiger was rightly booked for it last night too. KDB going off injured is irrelevant in the situation. 

Fernandinho is the master of the so called tactical foul but gets away with it an awful lot. In most games he should at least be booked for persistent fouling but referees are remarkably lenient with him.

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Did you see the state of KDB after the collision? Left the pitch with a black eye and not knowing what day of the week it was. Wouldn’t for one second say he was weak on that occasion.

If red cards are given to players for challenges that endanger an opponent then Rudiger could have had little complaint had that been a red card, checking someone like that whilst in full flow.

The said on the radio earlier that he has a fractured eye socket and a broken nose.

13 hours ago, WOODSY1111 said:

Ridiculous comment, he’s got a broken nose and cheek/eye socket

59 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yea Fernandinho is the worst for cynical fouls, often gets away without a booking too

Archived