IGNORED

Baggy Jean-Two questions

The dastardly red

Apparently the baggy jean is about to become the hottest new trend. Do you think that fashion conscious gentleman will go from the slim/skinny jean directly to the new wider look or will they opt for a straight legged regular cut to see themselves through the transition in what must be a testing time for both them and their families?

The jury's out for me. I've got a friend who lives in London and all I'm hearing from him is that skinny jeans are dead. I must say it's taken some time but I suppose it makes sense. He also said that tattoos are on the way out too which must be a little concerning for our inked friends. 

If you have tattoo and love slim/skinny jean, how do you feel about this?

9 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

Apparently the baggy jean is about to become the hottest new trend. Do you think that fashion conscious gentleman will go from the slim/skinny jean directly to the new wider look or will they opt for a straight legged regular cut to see themselves through the transition in what must be a testing time for both them and their families?

The jury's out for me. I've got a friend who lives in London and all I'm hearing from him is that skinny jeans are dead. I must say it's taken some time but I suppose it makes sense. He also said that tattoos are on the way out too which must be a little concerning for our inked friends. 

I'm a fat bloke who can't walk within half a mile of a doctors surgery without someone deciding I must need yet another blood test, so getting stabbed for fun isn't for me - thus no ink.

So this sounds like the dream ticket. Making it easier to buy jeans that fit (I've never entertained the skinny jean) and not being a canvas might mean I'm on point again.

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm a fat bloke who can't walk within half a mile of a doctors surgery without someone deciding I must need yet another blood test, so getting stabbed for fun isn't for me - thus no ink.

So this sounds like the dream ticket. Making it easier to buy jeans that fit (I've never entertained the skinny jean) and not being a canvas might mean I'm on point again.

Nice to hear, although I'm sure you've always been on point just by being you.

Also my London friend says the shaggy hair look's going to be big this summer. Bad news for barbers I spose. I was in East London recently and there was a lot of men with big trousers and big fringes. Soon to be seen here, you know what they say "Shoreditch sneezes and Stokes Croft gets a cold"

London and it's weird trends can piss right off, we don't need that crap in Bristol.

No way will I ever again be wearing the baggies imposed on me by retailers in the '70's - thanks for the warning, I'll stock up on a few pairs of my usual jeans to see me through the next few years. Meanwhile laughing at the soft in the head baggy trousered fashion conscious loons just like I've been laughing at the unsightly regiment of beardo sheep these last few years.

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

London and it's weird trends can piss right off, we don't need that crap in Bristol.

No way will I ever again be wearing the baggies imposed on me by retailers in the '70's - thanks for the warning, I'll stock up on a few pairs of my usual very dull and styleless jeans to see me through the next few years. Meanwhile laughing at the soft in the head baggy trousered fashion conscious loons just like I've been laughing at the unsightly regiment of beardo sheep these last few years.

Preach it my brother

On 30/05/2021 at 00:05, The dastardly red said:

Ahh the "Influencers". Bless!

On 30/05/2021 at 00:05, The dastardly red said:

I've been wearing looser jeans for a little while now, I'd never been a fan of the 'sprayed on' jeans that are ridiculously tight. They're more comfortable and I think they look better, but I'm probably in the minority on here with that view.

Tattoos I'm not sure on, a lot of people I know are wanting smaller ones rather than big sleeves. Moving away from the usual roses and pocket watches can only be a good thing though.

8 minutes ago, KegCity said:

I've been wearing looser jeans for a little while now, I'd never been a fan of the 'sprayed on' jeans that are ridiculously tight. They're more comfortable and I think they look better, but I'm probably in the minority on here with that view.

Look fine on females with the figure to carry it off but awful on blokes imo.

No way would I ever wear either skinnies or baggies - fortunately there is a happy medium, for now anyway.

36 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Look fine on females with the figure to carry it off but awful on blokes imo.

No way would I ever wear either skinnies or baggies - fortunately there is a happy medium, for now anyway.

Yeah I’d say I’m somewhere in the middle, looser fitting jeans with a bit of give without being ridiculously baggy.

On 30/05/2021 at 10:44, Nogbad the Bad said:

No way will I ever again be wearing the baggies imposed on me by retailers in the '70's - thanks for the warning, I'll stock up on a few pairs of my usual jeans to see me through the next few years. Meanwhile laughing at the soft in the head baggy trousered fashion conscious loons just like I've been laughing at the unsightly regiment of beardo sheep these last few years.

^ a boot-cut man speaks.

Archived