IGNORED

distances we have to travel to away games this coming season

roughly 3,312,so round trips of 6,624

Please to those in charge of fixture compiling

No mid week trips to Sheffield Barnsley Middlesbrough Huddersfield Hull Blackburn and Preston

Although Preston and Blackpool.I don't mind as I'll stay for a few days

We only have five home midwek fixtures and five midweek away games

So we should be home on the first weekend of the football season 6/7/8/9 of August as the baloon festival is "planned" for the 12/13/14/15 august

14 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

No mid week trips to Sheffield Barnsley Middlesbrough Huddersfield Hull Blackburn and Preston

So we should be home on the first weekend of the football season 6/7/8/9 of August as the baloon festival is "planned" for the 12/13/14/15 august

How do you work out the total mileage did you work out the distance from Bristol to every destination or is there an easier way?

The league looks a fairly even split in terms of distance.  A lot of games that are between 100 and 150 miles away. 

Biggest issue is a large number of them are absolute shitholes..  I think it will be a very tough division with home advantage being a massive factor presuming fans are back and less people travel. The reverse of the season just gone.

50 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

I did it using google maps,

before the internet I use to use the Automoble Associations map (ask your grand parents) that gave approx distances from Bristol to major towns and City's

Many thanks and hats off for your patience compiling the total mileage 

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Do we have to? Only, I cannot really be arsed. I prefer the matchday moanthread on here, Final Score and the warmth of the fire. 

7 hours ago, paul_fox said:

Wasn't there a story that the fixtures aren't random? Those long away trips are purposely in the week because they'd have the smaller crowds regardless so closer games are put on weekends usually to maximise crowds? 

And the clubs prefer longer trips in midweek - less overnight stays are required.

On 31/05/2021 at 02:00, hollydog said:

Preston is a great night out. Start at the Black Horse and see where life takes you!

Strangely, my lad loves the boozer in Preston though I'm with the City fan who years back, when having 30 minutes to kill and thinking of nipping out for a swifty, peered out the station doors up the rain sodden slope and utteref the immortal: "There's nothing out there..." as though Preston were an abyss.

The 72 EFL clubs voted quite some time ago that they wanted to travel long distance mid week as in their opinion no EXTRA fans will travel if the game is at Middlesbrough on a weekend or a midweek.

That might be the case if you a 1st and 2nd division club

and this is what the fixture compilers take note of

Their are ELEVEN clubs in the Championship that are less than 120 miles away from Bristol

Surely the EFL could fit FIVE of them into the AWAY midweek fixture list

Archived