IGNORED

MansionBet tweet fail

shahanshahan

MansionBet's Twitter account posted this tweet tonight, which makes reference to Dean Windass & the 2008 Play off Final. Subsequently got deleted, probably because the admin didn't know that, or got reminded that they're Bristol City's shirt sponsor.

This was either an error or a very subtle way to announce that City may have a new shirt sponsor. OSIB/Robins at the Gate, you should consider new sponsors ?

Screenshot_20210530-210223.png

I assume it was done on purpose and made to look like an error. Its a bit like dulux and there Tottenham thing - it's a really good way to get attention. Put it out there, give it enough time, wait until people start retweeting it and then pull it when it's ever so slightly too late. 

The chances of an ignorant admin picking that exact picture from over 10 years ago must be almost impossible, it's not really a memorable moment for anyone outside City and Hull.

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

I assume it was done on purpose and made to look like an error. Its a bit like dulux and there Tottenham thing - it's a really good way to get attention. Put it out there, give it enough time, wait until people start retweeting it and then pull it when it's ever so slightly too late. 

The chances of an ignorant admin picking that exact picture from over 10 years ago must be almost impossible, it's not really a memorable moment for anyone outside City and Hull.

Yep was 100% convinced that Dulux one was a stunt. Ordinarily nobody would talk about a club having an official paint supplier.  Make the admin of the account appear to go rouge and it was trending all day in UK. Marketing genius. 

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

Yep was 100% convinced that Dulux one was a stunt. Ordinarily nobody would talk about a club having an official paint supplier.  Make the admin of the account appear to go rouge and it was trending all day in UK. Marketing genius. 

Hmm not so sure. Not all attention is good attention and it made Dulux look like idiots, and pissed off their sponsorship partners. Even if they did do it deliberately, wouldn’t have been with Spurs’ blessing so can’t imagine they were pleased.

1 hour ago, Dredd said:

This aside, I think Mansion Bet have probably been one of the most active sponsors we’ve had. Lots of shirt/footballs/tv passes given away throughout the season. 

First 'Mainstream' sponsor we've really had

20 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Hmm not so sure. Not all attention is good attention and it made Dulux look like idiots, and pissed off their sponsorship partners. Even if they did do it deliberately, wouldn’t have been with Spurs’ blessing so can’t imagine they were pleased.

So you think dulux that pay spurs want to keep spurs happy. They want an association for advertising purposes, they want to sell more paint and have people think of them when they think of paint - if they can get that without pissing there partners off then they will do it. In theory they get that as soon as they get the agreement - then its all about maximising that reach of that agreement if they can reach triple the amount of people but have to piss off there partner then its a calculated approach, if they can reach 100x more people then it's a no brainer. 

53 minutes ago, Pezo said:

So you think dulux that pay spurs want to keep spurs happy. They want an association for advertising purposes, they want to sell more paint and have people think of them when they think of paint - if they can get that without pissing there partners off then they will do it. In theory they get that as soon as they get the agreement - then its all about maximising that reach of that agreement if they can reach triple the amount of people but have to piss off there partner then its a calculated approach, if they can reach 100x more people then it's a no brainer. 

Maybe. But like I say, not convinced. Would you do a partnership with Dulux now if you think they might immediately take the piss out of you for short-term gain? I wouldn’t. 

I personally think it was quite damaging for their brand. But hey, here we are talking about Dulux two months later so perhaps you’re right.

3 hours ago, Pezo said:

Would've thought someone just hasn't thought before tweeting. Unfortunately for us it is a pretty iconic play-off moment, the focus is on the goal rather than the opposition so think someone's just made an error. Don't think it's comparable to the Deluxe/Spurs stuff, that was explicitly taking the mick out of Spurs.

9 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Would've thought someone just hasn't thought before tweeting. Unfortunately for us it is a pretty iconic play-off moment, the focus is on the goal rather than the opposition so think someone's just made an error. Don't think it's comparable to the Deluxe/Spurs stuff, that was explicitly taking the mick out of Spurs.

But why wouldn't they pick any other playoff goal? Or any other playoff moment? Charlton, Blackpool, Watford, Fulham, villa, Huddersfield all have there moments that could be picked from. 

It was a tenuous link about the publicity they got rather than the content.

It's certainly getting more attention than if they didn't put that picture on there. They are all about "going viral" I honestly can't believe they care about what the greatest playoff final moment is for people. 

42 minutes ago, Pezo said:

But why wouldn't they pick any other playoff goal? Or any other playoff moment? Charlton, Blackpool, Watford, Fulham, villa, Huddersfield all have there moments that could be picked from. 

It was a tenuous link about the publicity they got rather than the content.

It's certainly getting more attention than if they didn't put that picture on there. They are all about "going viral" I honestly can't believe they care about what the greatest playoff final moment is for people. 

Because that goal is, unfortunately for us, quite good and quite iconic? Not trying to say its the only decent play-off goal, but its always included in any play-off related content I see where they show past moments. It's undoubtedly a mistake from the admin, but that's probably all it is. I don't think a few City fans, plus Scott Murray, telling them to delete it (which they quickly did) would generate enough publicity to warrant doing it. The Dulux stuff was way more openly mocking Spurs and obviously a PR stunt.

It's a crap tweet from a bookmaker trying to get interactions, they happen all day every day, that's social media strategy. Just my two cents, but I don't really think it's worth worrying about. 

On 31/05/2021 at 09:31, TomF said:

I expect he did when it was pointed out to him.  ?

Archived