IGNORED

Newport v Morecambe

Red Army 75

• The title was changed to Newport v Morecambe
5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Newport in League 1 could mean some handy local loans for some of our youngsters.

I don’t think local matters anymore, Edwards and Morton at Grimsby, Cundy at Gillingham, local really just means less distance for Tinnion to go to watch them. However if you’re looking at distance you already have Plymouth and Cheltenham in league one, Forest Green in league 2 for local as Exeter probably won’t take any on loan. 

43 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Playoffs have been a great entertainment so far this season. No coincidence for me it’s because fans are allowed in. I’m going for Newport win only because it means a longer trip for Rovers. Saying that I’ve got both finals wrong so far 

Personally don’t think they are hardly ever great entertainment. Generally quite boring (unless you support them) games where players are frightened to make the mistake that costs their club. COYR 

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I don’t think local matters anymore, Edwards and Morton at Grimsby, Cundy at Gillingham, local really just means less distance for Tinnion to go to watch them. However if you’re looking at distance you already have Plymouth and Cheltenham in league one, Forest Green in league 2 for local as Exeter probably won’t take any on loan. 

Why won't Exeter take any on loan?

1 minute ago, Simon79 said:

Personally don’t think they are hardly ever great entertainment. Generally quite boring (unless you support them) games where players are frightened to make the mistake that costs their club. COYR 

Really? I love watching the playoffs! Normally a lot of goals and twists and turns. The final is as we know a mervy occasion and even as a neutral I get nervous for my preferred winner. 

1 minute ago, Simon79 said:

Sounds like when we are playing in them Simon. But I have enjoyed them this season been a breath of fresh air . Considering watching pathetic football from city all season 

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Really? I love watching the playoffs! Normally a lot of goals and twists and turns. The final is as we know a mervy occasion and even as a neutral I get nervous for my preferred winner. 

Teach me to multi task! Read the original post as the final. COYR 

13 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Why won't Exeter take any on loan?

Exeter tend to take very minimal amount of players on loan, we saw what happened when we sent Cundy there he never got a chance, so wouldn't be sure we'd want to send our youngsters down there, yes we want them to earn their chances to play but equally don't want them sat around for 6 months.

24 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Exeter tend to take very minimal amount of players on loan, we saw what happened when we sent Cundy there he never got a chance, so wouldn't be sure we'd want to send our youngsters down there, yes we want them to earn their chances to play but equally don't want them sat around for 6 months.

I think they have an unofficial `policy` of playing their own kids rather than develop someone else`s. Their fans seem to buy into this and they are fan owned so I suspect it is more than unofficial at board level but they aren`t going to be daft enough to state it publicly and then have to rigidly stick to it if they had a major injury crisis or something.

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I never understand why people think of Plymouth as local. Its 120 miles from Bristol. 

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I never understand why people think of Plymouth as local. Its 120 miles from Bristol. 

Flip side kind of, we're the closest team at a higher level than them to loan players from

Far be it from me to criticise (with a head sporting less hair than a baby's bum), and absolutely nothing to do with all the stuff written over the years about our friend Mr Naynard, but I have to say that he looks an absolute **** with that hairstyle...

Archived