IGNORED

Early Pre-Season Odds for the Championship

bcfc01

Needless to say, City aren't fancied and 4/1 to get relegated with 10/1 for promotion.

Doesn't mean a lot at this stage I suppose..

Championship odds 2021/22

Title winners

Fulham 6/1

West Brom 6/1

Sheffield United 8/1

Bournemouth 10/1

Swansea City 14/1

Nottingham Forest 18/1

Barnsley 20/1

Cardiff City 20/1

Middlesbrough 20/1

Reading 20/1

Stoke City 20/1

QPR 22/1

Birmingham City 25/1

Blackburn Rovers 25/1

Hull City 25/1

Bristol City 33/1

Millwall 33/1

Coventry City 40/1

Preston North End 40/1

Huddersfield Town 50/1

Luton Town 50/1

Peterborough United 66/1

Blackpool 80/1

Promotion

Fulham 13/8

West Brom 13/8

Sheffield United 3/1

Bournemouth 10/3

Swansea City 9/2

Nottingham Forest 11/2

Barnsley 13/2

Cardiff City 13/2

Middlesbrough 13/2

Reading 13/2

Stoke City 13/2

QPR 7/1

Birmingham City 15/2

Blackburn Rovers 15/2

Hull City 15/2

Bristol City 10/1

Millwall 10/1

Coventry City 12/1

Preston North End 12/1

Huddersfield Town 14/1

Luton Town 14/1

Peterborough United 16/1

Blackpool 20/1

Relegation

Blackpool 15/8

Peterborough United 2/1

Huddersfield Town 9/4

Luton Town 3/1

Bristol City 4/1

Coventry City 4/1

Preston North End 4/1

Millwall 5/1

Birmingham City 6/1

Hull City 6/1

Barnsley 7/1

Blackburn 7/1

QPR 7/1

Reading 8/1

Stoke City 8/1

Cardiff City 10/1

Middlesbrough 10/1

Nottingham Forest 10/1

Swansea City 11/1

Bournemouth 20/1

It's genuinely tough to see where we'll finish. So much rests on extensive recruitment.

Bookies odds this early on are w*** though.  Lots simply reflect last season's positions and the size of the fanbase.  Teams like Forest always are predicted decent finishes, simply because they have lots of fans backing them.

2 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Little bit insulted to see the bookies predicting Hull and Birmingham to have better seasons than us. I appreciate we were crap this season, but still.....

In fairness, I suppose our performances in the second half of last season were pretty damning statistically.

I’m glad. Seems that after years of the bookies thinking we will be there or thereabouts they’ve  had a rethink.
Reverse logic says that it’s our opportunity to beat the bookies, the pundits and even some of our fans.

bcfc01; when exactly do made up odds mean anything?

Such a list at any time of year is utterly meaningless. I don't know why people pay any attention to them at all. Its a bookie whim; its a business. It has absolutely nothing to do with reality.

Even 10, 20, 30 games in the odds mean nothing; the form book can change in a couple of games. If you are top with 2 games to go and 5 points ahead you know the odds are going to be 1-3 on. Again; meaningless.

Its just one big guessing game. Woe betide anyone who uses this list as a predictive league table; it will not come to pass.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

bcfc01; when exactly do made up odds mean anything?

Such a list at any time of year is utterly meaningless. I don't know why people pay any attention to them at all. Its a bookie whim; its a business. It has absolutely nothing to do with reality.

Even 10, 20, 30 games in the odds mean nothing; the form book can change in a couple of games. If you are top with 2 games to go and 5 points ahead you know the odds are going to be 1-3 on. Again; meaningless.

Its just one big guessing game. Woe betide anyone who uses this list as a predictive league table; it will not come to pass.

As I said in the opening post "Doesn't mean a lot at this stage I suppose.."

On 31/05/2021 at 14:45, TomF said:

I don’t see Peterborough or Blackpool struggling

In most seasons two of the three promoted struggle big time, would certainly buck the trend (& potentially cause issues for us) if these 2 don’t.

22 hours ago, The Bard said:

Derby not listed?

I guess they aren’t quoting them until the outcome of the hearing into the FFP stuff is known?

10/1 for promotion is ridiculously short odds. 25/1 would be more realistic. It’ll be Nige’s first season and I’m certainly not expecting to be in the promotion race nor am I expecting to be in a relegation dog fight.

Signs of improvement in performances and a top half finish will do me.

On 31/05/2021 at 14:16, downendcity said:

Given their absence from the list are WRDC being quoted odds for promotion from league 1?:whistle2:

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

In most seasons two of the three promoted struggle big time, would certainly buck the trend (& potentially cause issues for us) if these 2 don’t.

I guess they aren’t quoting them until the outcome of the hearing into the FFP stuff is known?

I'd personalyl expect them to start in the Championship but hedging makes sense.

Also of possible interest is that their Season Ticket offering for 2021/22 has not yet been announced, gone on sale- plus saw from what might be a reliable source on Twitter, they certainly do a lot of digging anyway, that the last tranche of the MSD loans to them were due in May- after that who knows how it looks moving forward.

Archived