IGNORED

Keith Stroud & Jarred Gillet 2 of 5 referees potentially getting promotions to select group

Lrrr

1 hour ago, BritAbroad said:

I can't understand how Keith Stroud is being considered. Unless the Championship clubs have decided to fob him off by telling the PL how great he is....

The PL, an Equal Opportunities Employer for Poison Pixies! 

2 hours ago, BritAbroad said:

I can't understand how Keith Stroud is being considered. Unless the Championship clubs have decided to fob him off by telling the PL how great he is....

They are desperate for referees and at that level at least they have VAR to overturn his worst decisions.

• Admin
5 hours ago, BritAbroad said:

The daft thing is we all berate him for being rubbish, but many times after a game just as many people say he had a good game

Is it just a case of saying something enough times that everyone believes it?

13 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I like Keith Stroud. Yes, he's made some strange decisions in his time but haven't they alI and i think he often gets unnecessarily slated for just doing an honest job. Our recent record with him in the middle is good. I'd sooner him than most of the current crop of Prem Refs. 

Yes, referees are human, and the amount of years it will have taken then to reach even league level, and thousands of miles on the road, never gets discussed. Pretty much anyone here had that option but never did it, but if you feel you could do better than keith stroud, refereeing a cardiff/ swansea game in front of a full house, please feel free.

Stroud is consistently the worst ref we have every season, I am think of no other ref I have see get so many things wrong over a number of years at the gate, some if the things he dose are very bizarre, 

The VAR ref is going to be very busy in his prem games but would he listen :laugh:

44 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Good ref is Gillett.

That’s great thanks for sharing.  How good would it be if we had that kind of access to the refs all the time.  Just don’t understand why they don’t do it - would make fans far more sympathetic to their cause I reckon. And he seems a very good ref as well. Can see him definitely going up. 

18 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Stroud is consistently the worst ref we have every season, I am think of no other ref I have see get so many things wrong over a number of years at the gate, some if the things he dose are very bizarre, 

The VAR ref is going to be very busy in his prem games but would he listen :laugh:

Linington gives him a good run on that 

49 minutes ago, winsaw said:

I thought he had improved lately (or at least gave decisions as the fans saw it) We didn't win many games this season  but we did win our last 4 games that he refereed ( Forest, Derby, Wycombe & Swansea). Certainly I have seen worse referees 

Gillet….showing his lack of experience too often.  A League to Champ has shown that.

Stroud….I don’t mind

Brooks….agree

Salisbury….the fact that he’s not on my radar must mean he’s ok

Harrington….mixed.

11 hours ago, phantom said:

The daft thing is we all berate him for being rubbish, but many times after a game just as many people say he had a good game

Is it just a case of saying something enough times that everyone believes it?

Is this a new game ? 

i will start.

Bristol Rovers are crap.

Archived