IGNORED

£2:31

Tully Bascomb

my grandson benefits from their work. They make a real difference to lots of kids and adults who need a bit of support. So i bought some tickets - its a bit of fun and ok its not much if i win but my grandson and lots of others are the real winners.

i know money is tight for many but if you can support them you are supporting our wider bristol community

I did the Robins foundation lotto for a while, in fact I think I had 2 stints of doing it but stopped as it always felt so badly run.

If your asking people to contribute regularly, even if it is for a good cause, then keep the communications going so people feel involved. I appreciate the people running it won’t be earning a fortune but It’s not rocket science or expensive to send out regular emails to keep people informed. 

I even had a free gift for starting the lotto, about a month 8 months after I’d started it and a month after I’d finished 

On 02/06/2021 at 21:32, ralphindevon said:

I did the Robins foundation lotto for a while, in fact I think I had 2 stints of doing it but stopped as it always felt so badly run.

If your asking people to contribute regularly, even if it is for a good cause, then keep the communications going so people feel involved. I appreciate the people running it won’t be earning a fortune but It’s not rocket science or expensive to send out regular emails to keep people informed. 

I even had a free gift for starting the lotto, about a month 8 months after I’d started it and a month after I’d finished 

I contacted them a couple of years back as I felt there was no transparency in the lotto and they were opening themselves up a bit, so I suggested they post somewhere what the winning numbers were each week along with the winners names so you can check, and they did bring this in.  I’ve only won once in years but that’s not why I’m in it.  You can tell I’m an Internal Auditor!

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I contacted them a couple of years back as I felt there was no transparency in the lotto and they were opening themselves up a bit, so I suggested they post somewhere what the winning numbers were each week along with the winners names so you can check, and they did bring this in.  I’ve only won once in years but that’s not why I’m in it.  You can tell I’m an Internal Auditor!

Yeah I just think they could put more out there.

I saw a guy on Facebook today had won a signed shirt but seemed surprised when it had turned up. What about messaging people just before the draw to say it’s happening then after to say who’s won, maybe a follow up picture to keep people’s interest.

like you say, we’re not in it just to win prizes but I heard so little I was starting to think I was being mugged off in a scam

Archived