IGNORED

BALLS!

Bristol Rob

46 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Be adidas, as usual, in the Euros and Olympic Games.

I wonder if that gives countries where adidas make the ball used in domestic competitions - like Argentina - an advantage? 

If the ball for the Euros isn't painted to look like a virus then they've really missed a trick.

image.png.51ba41b4a0a1b93e3a134e880ef5d48e.png

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

For those who like pictures of balls from days gone by, you might like this.

A football that was like a medicine ball went it was wet 

033E7015-CC90-4162-85A4-26EAAF4D50DF.png

Was always partial to a Mitre Delta. The Magma in particular was a delight. The Mouldmaster however was only really good for inflicting pain.

You won’t be at all surprised to know my favourite ball of all time is the France 98 Adidas Tricolore, very nice design and really well weighted for a free kick. 

Can’t say I’ve ever even seen a Puma ball before (apart from maybe a few mixed in with Lonsdale ones in the giant baskets at Sports Direct?) so this is unchartered territory really.

Will keep an open mind and hope for the best.  

6 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Mitre balls are generally crap compared to Nike ones. Unlikely to get Nike in the EFL as they already sponsor the prem. 

Is there a technical and scientific report on this? I would find it hard to understand even the hapless FL staying with one company for 45 years if their balls were not very good. 

On 03/06/2021 at 13:20, Bristol Rob said:

Appears that Mitre have been replaced by Puma as the match-ball supplier for the EFL next season.

Wonder if that will help? 

#clutchingatstraws 

For those who like pictures of balls from days gone by, you might like this.

Or perhaps a new scapegoat for next season! 

I’m going positive though - we’re going to be banging them in from left right and centre! 

Pah. If you haven't been hit in the thigh or the ear on a really cold day by a rubber Rucanor football then you haven't ever known what pain really is about.

I'm surprised that I still don't have the dimple marks on my legs like some kind of weird 80's football tattoo

Archived