IGNORED

Alan Miller

Silvio Dante

Started the Wilson era in goal for us because our first choice (can’t remember who now) was injured, so we got him in on loan.

Decent keeper, but not the point here, 51 is absolutely no age, very sad news, RIP.

He was always a top buy in Championship Manager 93 & 94 if you could prise him away from Arsenal.

It's shocking that he's died at only 51; the only other player from that era that I can think of who has also died is Ray Wilkins and I believe that he was also in his fifties.

Edit: Ray was 61.

34 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

He was always a top buy in Championship Manager 93 & 94 if you could prise him away from Arsenal.

It's shocking that he's died at only 51; the only other player from that era that I can think of who has also died is Ray Wilkins and I believe that he was also in his fifties.

Edit: Ray was 61.

Sadly a few more too.

David Rocastle, who must have been an Arsenal teammate, passed away from illness at just 33.

Gary Speed, of course.

And also Dalian Atkinson, died at 48 in 2016 after being tasered by the police. A trial is still ongoing to find out whether the officers acted within the law. 

I got into football at around 1990 and it's sad and scary to see some of the footballers I first remember are no longer around. Of course I realise those older than me will have experienced it far more than I have.

2 hours ago, 'Orns said:

Have zero recollection of Alan being here!

51 is the same age my Dad died - brutal. From all the tributes it seems he was an absolute top bloke as well

Me either and I'm usually good at remembering players. 

I absolutely cannot remember this guy in the slightest and the late 90s/early 2000s were the height of my fandom. Leaning over the tunnel to get autographs and the like. This has bothered me! 

I do remember there being a goalkeeper on our squad in the 1999/00 version of LMA Manager for PS1 though that I always said "he doesn't play for us!" about... maybe it was Miller and he did play for us and I forgot about him within the months from the start of the season to getting the game!

Way too young either way. 

Looked it up, although still under contract Mercer was effectively retired by then so Steve Phillips was our only senior keeper.

He got injured pre season (rumoured to be whilst playing cricket) & Wilson brought Miller in for the first 4 games until Phillips recovered.

To be honest I’m not that surprised many can’t recall him, just 4 games on loan when he did nothing wrong would not stick in your memory at all.

On 05/06/2021 at 09:55, TBW said:

I absolutely cannot remember this guy in the slightest and the late 90s/early 2000s were the height of my fandom. Leaning over the tunnel to get autographs and the like. This has bothered me! 

I do remember there being a goalkeeper on our squad in the 1999/00 version of LMA Manager for PS1 though that I always said "he doesn't play for us!" about... maybe it was Miller and he did play for us and I forgot about him within the months from the start of the season to getting the game!

Way too young either way. 

I had that game and know what you mean but I can't remember who the keeper was. Don't think it was Miller because I'm sure it was someone who'd genuinely never been on our books. I also have no recollection of Miller playing for us but at the time I would have known that he did.

6 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I had that game and know what you mean but I can't remember who the keeper was. Don't think it was Miller because I'm sure it was someone who'd genuinely never been on our books. I also have no recollection of Miller playing for us but at the time I would have known that he did.

For some reason I think it was Miller but believe it was Kevin Miller and they got the wrong Miller? I've actually still got the game and a PS1 but... ya' know... effort.

Archived