IGNORED

Notts County v Chesterfield

45 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Play each other today in the National League play-offs. You've only got to go back to 2015 to find this as a L1 fixture. 

Winner plays Torquay. Remember Jets penalty in the last minute up their. Doesn’t seem that long ago. First away game of the season 

16 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Winner plays Torquay. Remember Jets penalty in the last minute up their. Doesn’t seem that long ago. First away game of the season 

The final will be at Ashton Gate, which will be handy for the Gulls should they reach it.  Less so for their opponents. 

Notts County must have the best non league ground by some distance.

I know Chesterfield has a new one & Wrexham has staged international football (only Wales though) but surely it is the best one?

54 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Notts County must have the best non league ground by some distance.

I know Chesterfield has a new one & Wrexham has staged international football (only Wales though) but surely it is the best one?

Chesterfield’s new ground is lovely…I’ve been in the Tesco next door.  Had a peak through the gates.

7 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Always was spiky, throw in the 1984 Miners Strike and it got a whole lot spicier. Mansfield v Chesterfield can get propa nawty. 

You're right about Mansfield vs Chesterfield....absolutely no love lost there.  I didn't realise quite how much rivalry until I watched 'Thatcher vs the Miners' on BBC this week. Slightly ignorant on my part.

6 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It's alright and easy to get to but like most of these community style stadiums it's a bit sterile. It lacks the quirkiness of Saltergate. 

Yeah, I don’t doubt that at all.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is it right that the winners will play Torquay, who are already in the final?

GJ at Torquay now, back at AG of course for the final. Wonder if he can get another promotion.

Think he's had 6 so far from a quick search- all with clubs in this part of the world!

He could be a 'League 2 Manager'

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

GJ at Torquay now, back at AG of course for the final. Wonder if he can get another promotion.

Think he's had 6 so far from a quick search- all with clubs in this part of the world!

Semi final first - next Saturday

24 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He is the poor mans big Sam which isn’t a dig by the way,like most sons who follow in their dad’s footsteps in sport LJ is a cowboy 

Archived