IGNORED

Gareth Southgate

Redandproud

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Maybe a lot of the booing is because fans are sick of being lectured by a bunch of spoilt young Footballers earning 350k a week? 

Oh dear. I really thought (hoped) we’d seen the last of that old ‘how can rich people get depressed’ bollocks.

It doesn’t matter whether you earn £350 or £350k per week. That endless torrent of abuse can wreck your confidence, can wreck your self esteem, can wreck your life.

They shouldn’t have to put up with it and they have as much right as anyone else to say so. What they earn is utterly irrelevant. 

31 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

I imagine most minorities (and England players) find people hijacking their movement for these purposes incredibly cringey.

It's nice that you feel qualified to tell everybody what minorities think. 

There would be no movement if people stopped being racist.

There would be no "hijacking" (not that there has been any) of the movement if the meatheads were not booing anti-racism.

2 hours ago, 2015 said:

Maybe a lot of the booing is because fans are sick of being lectured by a bunch of spoilt young Footballers earning 350k a week? 

I think some people are sick of something they do not really care for or about because it doesn't affect their lives being there in their face at the start of every game they watch and they cannot ignore or get away from it.

Yes, football was once a part of your week where you could leave all your cares and responsibilities behind for a few hours, and let rip with all your hate and bile and prejudice from the anonymity of a crowd without anyone tut-tutting or interfering, and maybe kick some ****** lying prone on the ground in the head or chuck a bottle at the other crowd with next to know chance of getting caught. But now you can't do a thing, or get away with a thing, even a little bit of racism, and now the bastards are going the other way and using the start of every game to tell you your hate and bile are no longer acceptable and has to stop.

I mean, where can you go nowadays to be a bit racist, sexist, prejudiced like you could in the 70s and 80s, without some bastard wagging their finger at you?

Cuh! 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I really rate JWP just think now it has been announced I can’t see where he gets on the pitch. Or I can’t see how Southgate gets him on the pitch. He seems to have his favourites. Can’t see him taking off a Henderson for JWP. Idk maybe I have that wrong. 

I’d have taken JWP in the original 26. I’d probably have started him in some games against those sides with the deeper defences. 

No, I think you're right. Hes a really conservative manager and seems to favour like for like switches. Hence the very pragmatic choice to take White. (who, again, is a player I really rate - this isn't about him).

1 hour ago, Baba Yaga said:

Gammon is a term describing people of a certain type of political view is it not? Laughing at someone going after a reaction over the internet from them isn’t about helping the supposed cause (ironically a person of privilege going after less privileged people, but in this case I guess it’s funny). Clearly some are getting pleasure out of the division that this situation is creating.

I imagine most minorities (and England players) find people hijacking their movement for these purposes incredibly cringey. It’s a similar political battle that we saw play out after the NFL players took the knee and it became a significant part of the debate over in the US too. I think many people like this want to extend the footballers ‘protest’ to this point because they are invested in trying to make their political opponents look bad rather than to help the genuine stated cause, the agenda on places like Twitter isn’t anywhere near the same as what the England squads is.

You are making a big assumption there, that is that Lineker is going after a reaction. He is stating his opinion, making it clear his support for the England footballers taking the knee, yet clearly you are taking it as a provocation, which says more about you than them. The whole purpose of the action is to try and stop divisions in society, yet bizarrely the argument has become if you criticise those who are booing people trying to highlight the divisions in society, then you yourself are now causing the division. STOP trying to stop division, you are causing more division!

I'll ask again because you didn't answer, could you please state what the 'True Agenda' is?

50 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

It's nice that you feel qualified to tell everybody what minorities think. 

There would be no movement if people stopped being racist.

There would be no "hijacking" (not that there has been any) of the movement if the meatheads were not booing anti-racism.

It hardly takes a genius to recognise how people will view those who take their serious message about equality and act as cheerleaders for it but then use it as an opportunity to wind up middle-aged white men of a particular political view on the internet. Not exactly going to help get a sensible discussion for the cause I would say and these internet discussions are part of the reason why this is still such a divisive issue (although I would say they are generally copying what happens in the news media where it’s full of people’s opinions rather than impartial facts). A lot of these people haven’t lived the life of a minority either and seem to lack the basic awareness that they are fighting others corner in harmful and in this case immature ways, and the people in charge of the information from the media are happy for this situation to continue indefinitely.

Just now, NorthBris_Southstand said:

You are making a big assumption there, that is that Lineker is going after a reaction. He is stating his opinion, making it clear his support for the England footballers taking the knee, yet clearly you are taking it as a provocation, which says more about you than them. The whole purpose of the action is to try and stop divisions in society, yet bizarrely the argument has become if you criticise those who are booing people trying to highlight the divisions in society, then you yourself are now causing the division. STOP trying to stop division, you are causing more division!

I'll ask again because you didn't answer, could you please state what the 'True Agenda' is?

It's really not a big assumption at all, if you want to pretend otherwise that's fine but I guess you have to ignore his long history of shit stirring on the internet and also avoid the exact use of words in Lineker's twitter post, it's pretty clear what reaction he was going to get with those who disagreed, nobody genuinely thinks that Gary thought he was going to help stop division with his choice of words.

There are many who are more preoccupied with spinning this situation to make their political opponents look bad rather than the message of the protests, its seen for some as the perfect opportunity to bash/wind up people they dislike even when it hurts the message they think they are supporting (as seen by the post I originally questioned).

4 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

It hardly takes a genius to recognise how people will view those who take their serious message about equality and act as cheerleaders for it but then use it as an opportunity to wind up middle-aged white men of a particular political view on the internet.

Odd how don't you blame the middle aged white men. It's always somebody else's fault isn't it, never the middle aged white man.

Nobody is doing anything to deliberately wind up those thin skinned middle aged white men. Those middle aged white men are winding themselves up over something that causes absolutely no harm to them. They are then embarrassing themselves with their booing and whining. 

He and the team have the right to do what they want. But so do the fans. I think its unacceptable that pundits and commentators are having a go at fans for voicing their own opinions. What they cant seem to fathom for some reason, is that the fans are not booing the players for being black. Or for being them, or for their own accomplishments. They are booing the action. Because regardless of what is being said now, it will always ALWAYS have connections with BLM. And it didnt help that the players in the prem had it emblazoned on their shirts for weeks. and Sky had it on the tv screens. This is the same movement that we saw burning down buildings, looting and smashing stores. 

Thats what is being booed. But the more the media make it out as though the fans are evil and wrong, the longer they will boo. We are in the midst of a huge cultural and race war imo. One that is being brought about by social media and corporations. It wont end well. 

29 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

It hardly takes a genius to recognise how people will view those who take their serious message about equality and act as cheerleaders for it but then use it as an opportunity to wind up middle-aged white men of a particular political view on the internet. Not exactly going to help get a sensible discussion for the cause I would say and these internet discussions are part of the reason why this is still such a divisive issue (although I would say they are generally copying what happens in the news media where it’s full of people’s opinions rather than impartial facts). A lot of these people haven’t lived the life of a minority either and seem to lack the basic awareness that they are fighting others corner in harmful and in this case immature ways, and the people in charge of the information from the media are happy for this situation to continue indefinitely.

It's really not a big assumption at all, if you want to pretend otherwise that's fine but I guess you have to ignore his long history of shit stirring on the internet and also avoid the exact use of words in Lineker's twitter post, it's pretty clear what reaction he was going to get with those who disagreed, nobody genuinely thinks that Gary thought he was going to help stop division with his choice of words.

There are many who are more preoccupied with spinning this situation to make their political opponents look bad rather than the message of the protests, its seen for some as the perfect opportunity to bash/wind up people they dislike even when it hurts the message they think they are supporting (as seen by the post I originally questioned).

What ‘shit stirring’. Challenging archaic, racist, nationalistic, populist and narrow minded views you mean? That’s not shit stirring just because it doesn’t fit your ‘views’.  

13 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Odd how don't you blame the middle aged white men. It's always somebody else's fault isn't it, never the middle aged white man.

Nobody is doing anything to deliberately wind up those thin skinned middle aged white men. Those middle aged white men are winding themselves up over something that causes absolutely no harm to them. They are then embarrassing themselves with their booing and whining. 

It's completely untrue what you say about nobody doing anything to wind them up (such as Lineker), he knows exactly how his statement will affect others and probably has similar experiences from Twitter a thousand times to go from, shamelessly playing the innocent there I think.

Agree that its a bad reflection on the people who get wound up by it and genuinely stressed out about it, but if they want to boo in disagreement then that's up to them (and those who get genuinely mad at the booing are in the same camp as those who get genuinely mad at those who take the knee, both need to calm down and enjoy watching England dash their hopes yet again ?).

26 minutes ago, Atticus said:

He and the team have the right to do what they want. But so do the fans. I think its unacceptable that pundits and commentators are having a go at fans for voicing their own opinions. What they cant seem to fathom for some reason, is that the fans are not booing the players for being black. Or for being them, or for their own accomplishments. They are booing the action. Because regardless of what is being said now, it will always ALWAYS have connections with BLM. And it didnt help that the players in the prem had it emblazoned on their shirts for weeks. and Sky had it on the tv screens. This is the same movement that we saw burning down buildings, looting and smashing stores. 

Thats what is being booed. But the more the media make it out as though the fans are evil and wrong, the longer they will boo. We are in the midst of a huge cultural and race war imo. One that is being brought about by social media and corporations. It wont end well. 

That's a very contradictory post.

The fans should have the right to boo, but it's unacceptable for pundits to criticise them?

You say that the fans are not booing because the players are Black (I don't think anybody has claimed that btw) and that the media are making out the fans are evil. But you then repeat the nonsense about BLM and riots. 

What you have to remember is:

1. Taking the knee started before BLM

2. BLM isn't one organisation or even necessarily an organisation at all. It is a slogan that became popular and then other groups started using it.

3. The England players, the England manager, the media, the FA and Kick it Out have all said (on more than one occasion!) that they are doing it as an anti-racism gesture, not as a political point.

4. Any race war that takes place will be because of racists. Social (or traditional) media might play a part, but there's no race war without racists.

4 hours ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

I was torn between White and JWP. I think in the ideal world, you would go to JWP, but White offers more versatility (can also play DM) and hopefully means Mings will get fewer minutes. We have very slightly more strength in depth in midfield than at CB, so I think White was the right decision. 

I heard that JWP skimped on his homework reading of 'Das Capital' before the last England meetup which put him in the bad books of Comrade Southgate. Comrade Mings is obviously a true revolutionary.

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

Ridiculous.

I am not religious in anyway, never been to church on a Sunday, never said a prayer. I have members of family who are religious and say grace before Sunday dinner when we have it together. I don't boo and tut during grace, I sit there in a respectful silence until they have finished and then we can get on with dinner.

Regardless of what YOU think the movement is for, it's what the people affected feel it is for. If they want to take a knee for their own reasons, then respectfully allow them. Campaign for what you want in your own way and allow the others the same freedom.

I'm also amazed that you know what every single person who has booed reason is for booing. Have you interviewed each one?

On 06/06/2021 at 10:55, RedRock said:

Yep. That was my observation too.

Very little cohesion or pattern of play. Maybe though when he’s got the full squad to select from he can blend the team. I doubt it though.

Coming to the conclusion he’s another FA suit with little merit. Hope also he proves me wrong and he produces an innovative, expansive, thrilling attacking game-plan that will have the rest of Europe in awe. Suspect we’ll end up crab- footballing are way to the quarters or semis though. 

Given we rarely make it past 1 or 2 rounds, that would be a success

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Back to the England football team.

I can’t remember the last time I really enjoyed watching and England game. It was probably beating the Germans 1-5 years ago.

Last night was incredibly dull and dreary to watch. Hardly any flair, only Grealish looked interested in actually trying to liven the game up and provide some entertainment. 

No idea what jobs Southgate gives them but Grealish apart they looked scared to take a risk. I was tempted to switch channels but being an Englishman and patriot I felt  I had to see it thru. 

It was a friendly with probably 3/4th choice players playing and most not wanting to get injured.

You didn't enjoy watching us beat Spain on their own patch or the dramatic game against Croatia in the Nations League to get to the final? Sweden in the World Cup was a very enjoyable game, England v Scotland at Wembley too - the return match was decent for the neutrals and the game against Wales in the Euros was very good too. That's just the last few years. It's a tad dramatic to claim we haven't had one enjoyable game in 20 years.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Against piss poor opposition. England we’re expecting to win that game and scored early iirc.

England should have have put 4 or 5 past that lot last night. 

That's simply not how football works, especially at International level. What right do we have to smash them, especially with most of our starting players missing? Germany only beat them 1-0 in qualifying and they beat Austria in the Nations League.

This week Belgium drew with Greece, Germany only managed a draw with Denmark, Croatia drew with Armenia. 

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

I just find it strange how so many of you on here know exactly why people are booing. How do you know every single fans reason for booing?

What worries me about England is I always fear the postions we put ourselves in. I can see us losing to Croatia, which I can handle as they are a good team, but I'd hate to see if we turn a game against Czech Rep into a must win because of some scrappy draw againt Scotland or something. 

3 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Talking of whining!☝️

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Against piss poor opposition. England we’re expecting to win that game and scored early iirc.

England should have have put 4 or 5 past that lot last night. 

What about when we did the Spanish 3-2 in Madrid in October 2018 in the Nations League. 

To quote the BBC match report "Spain, torn apart by England's pace in that sensational opening period..."

World Cup 2018 was fantastic. I found something to enjoy in almost every game, even the Sweden game. Only the third place play-off was disappointing, but then they always are.

56 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It was a friendly with probably 3/4th choice players playing and most not wanting to get injured.

You didn't enjoy watching us beat Spain on their own patch or the dramatic game against Croatia in the Nations League to get to the final? Sweden in the World Cup was a very enjoyable game, England v Scotland at Wembley too - the return match was decent for the neutrals and the game against Wales in the Euros was very good too. That's just the last few years. It's a tad dramatic to claim we haven't had one enjoyable game in 20 years.

From what I remember the Sweden QF game was a complete borefest. Maybe it was just the 30 degree heat meaning I couldn't enjoy it but I thought that watching how the Swedes played against us after they gave the Germans a really good game it was like night and day. Didn't have to play well to win that at all, thought England played much better in the SF against Croatia in the first half but then they got tired or Croatia turned it up a level. Colombia game was very exciting but I wouldn't call them top opposition, in fact the last time we beat a top level side in an international tournament was Argentina in 2002?

2 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I meant you in general. The only shock was that it took you so long to bite ?

As usual, the only thing you have is a personal attack. It must be a very sad and empty life to spend your time trolling on the internet and getting upset over footballers kneeling.

Just now, BS2 Red said:

As usual, the only thing you have is a personal attack. It must be a very sad and empty life to spend your time trolling on the internet and getting upset over footballers kneeling.

A personal attack? As usual? Grow up!

Enjoy life. Don't get so upset about the smallest of things. 

Archived