IGNORED

City release Adult Lifestyle Collection

AshtonYate

10 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Prices not so nice.

7 minutes ago, Selred said:

Compared to....Primark? 

£30 for a tee, £40 for a polo and £65 for a hoodie is pretty standard these days, isn't it? Even for your not exactly high end fashion brands like Ralph Lauren, Hilfiger, Lacoste etc, you'd be looking at double those prices. 

As long as the quality is decent, and effort has clearly gone into some of the designs, then I'd say the pricing is reasonable. 

Those anthem jackets look very nice. 

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Compared to....Primark? 

£30 for a tee, £40 for a polo and £65 for a hoodie is pretty standard these days, isn't it? Even for your not exactly high end fashion brands like Ralph Lauren, Hilfiger, Lacoste etc, you'd be looking at double those prices. 

As long as the quality is decent, and effort has clearly gone into some of the designs, then I'd say the pricing is reasonable. 

£30 for a t-shirt and £65 for a hoodie reasonable? Not for me.

Have to say.... they look quite smart. Not my sort of thing, but you would imagine that they'll shift those in strong numbers. Would guess the youth will be impressed.

Price wise, seems to be on point for items you won't find elsewhere, somewhere between 'branded' and high-street.

Hope they do well out of it.

16 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Compared to....Primark? 

Compared to Brentford, £20

https://shop.brentfordfc.com/leisurewear/mens-leisurewear/

Swansea, £16 (prior to being on offer) 

https://www.store.swanseacity.com/leisure-wear/mens-leisure

Birmingham £20

https://blues.clubstore.co.uk/fashion-wear

That's just a handful of clubs. Which are 2/3rds of the price. 

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Compared to....Primark? 

If you go on sites like 80s casual classics you be looking at lower prices for Benetton, Ellesse, Fila, Lacoste, Sergio Tachinni .. And err Hummel. 

4 minutes ago, Selred said:

Compared to Brentford, £20

https://shop.brentfordfc.com/leisurewear/mens-leisurewear/

Swansea, £16 (prior to being on offer) 

https://www.store.swanseacity.com/leisure-wear/mens-leisure

Birmingham £20

https://blues.clubstore.co.uk/fashion-wear

That's just a handful of clubs. Which are 2/3rds of the price. 

Er...none of that stuff is branded. That's why it's cheaper.

Some absolutely horrendous clobber for all three of those clubs too.

Ours looks much, much better. And that's what you're paying for, an experienced sports clothing manufacturer. 

Some of the new stuff is really nice....  some of it is just plain weird....

Take this "sweater" for example....it has no body - just sleeves.....  that's just odd....!

image.png.27de5924cf6d5067e62116da553debf4.png

The anthem jackets are lovely though....£65 is a little steep for me, so I'll have to pick and choose which one to get from store credit when I've bought my lads Christmas Presents! :)

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

If you go on sites like 80s casual classics you be looking at lower prices for Benetton, Ellesse, Fila, Lacoste, Sergio Tachinni .. And err Hummel. 

Certainly not Lacoste: Lacoste | 80s Casual Classics 

They have a few Hummel tees on there for £24.95 but they aren't essentially limited edition, City branded clothing. So, no, not lower pricing at all.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Er...none of that stuff is branded. That's why it's cheaper.

Some absolutely horrendous clobber for all three of those clubs too.

Ours looks much, much better. And that's what you're paying for, an experienced sports clothing manufacturer. 

I still don't believe that fans should have to pay £30 for a Bristol City t-shirt. That's extremely expensive in my opinion and prices out a lot of fans. 

Horrendous is also subjective, that "Bristol" inspired drumstick-esque shirt in my opinion is horrendous. 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair enough, each to their own.

Though wait until you find out how much the litany of kids down at AG pay for their Stone Island, CP Company and Canada Goose jackets, and Dsquared baseball caps.

Sorry but Bristol City is not a designer brand so not so relevant in my opinion.

Find out how much the average City fans pay for their M&S, Next etc clothes. 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Certainly not Lacoste: Lacoste | 80s Casual Classics 

They have a few Hummel tees on there for £24.95 but they aren't essentially limited edition, City branded clothing. So, no, not lower pricing at all.

If you go through it thoroughly there are all sorts on there. Certainly Lacoste prices will alter because the site adjusts prices constantly sometimes days after stocking. The sales section sees casual wear which isn't double those prices. I genuinely feel City's prices are on the too heavy side.

If my son wants City things I will show him alternatives. He then frequently gets something else via his choice not mine. North Face is winning. 

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And the 70% off section at https://www.terracesmenswear.co.uk/ often throws up a few bargains.

Will have to have a look. I'm not a scrooge but frequently shop v sites x site. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Selred said:

I still don't believe that fans should have to pay £30 for a Bristol City t-shirt. That's extremely expensive in my opinion and prices out a lot of fans. 

Horrendous is also subjective, that "Bristol" inspired drumstick-esque shirt in my opinion is horrendous. 

Not sure about being 'priced out' for a lot of people thirty quid is a few hours in a pub with the Doris at a tenner a round, or a splash-and-dash visit to a petrol station.

For those who wouldn't ordinarily spend that sort of money on a t-shirt, it probably dies seem pricey, for those who likely spend double that, it looks like fair value.

Archived