IGNORED

City release Adult Lifestyle Collection

AshtonYate

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hummel is the designer brand...

You mean this Next? Men's Tommy Hilfiger | Men's Tommy Jeans | Next UK

That's Tommy Hilfiger, so you pay for the name. Next I bought two lovely t-shirts for £10 each. 

Hummel, the designer brand where t-shirts are £15? 

https://www.hummel.co.uk/men/mens-clothing/t-shirts

At the end of the day, these T-Shirts are more than your average price. Can you find me other clubs which are charging £30 for a t-shirt?

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair enough, each to their own.

Though wait until you find out how much the litany of kids down at AG pay for their Stone Island, CP Company and Canada Goose jackets, and Dsquared baseball caps.

As much as I wouldn’t wear SI anymore if you gave it to me (maybe Shadow ?) the quality of the fabric etc will massively outweigh anything Hummel produces (if it’s not knock off from the market obviously). You get what you pay for with quality like that.  Will last forever.  

8 minutes ago, Selred said:

That's Tommy Hilfiger, so you pay for the name. Next I bought two lovely t-shirts for £10 each. 

At the end of the day, these T-Shirts are more than your average price. Can you find me other clubs which are charging £30 for a t-shirt?

The 'name' is part of the price yes, bit generally branded clothing is made from better quality materials.

15 minutes ago, Selred said:

Next also have shirts on there for £30 so they're not above it either they just have a wider range than City do.

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The 'name' is part of the price yes, bit generally branded clothing is made from better quality materials.

I think quality is the key word. I’ve no issue at all spending £30 and upwards on a t shirt and more on a polo as long as it’s good quality and will last and is a make that justifies it.  Still think the price point on this Hummel stuff is slightly too high but I’m sure it’ll fly out still,  no problem.  

As Hugo Boss etc are all around the £50 for a T shirt. I don't think the prices are unduly high if the item is of good quality and not made in a sweat shop. It compares favourably with other football branded kit. I'd rather pay for something that's lasts (I don't see these like the football shirts changing every season) Also don't forget  economies of scale must come into play we won't get anywhere the numbers that Primark or Hummal get for their generic T shirt.

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

It all looks very nice and it will suit a lot of you younger types.  If they want to cater for people like me, they are not trying very hard. How about branded string vests and Y fronts?  That could send the pulses racing!

It looks like awful stuff to me but that probably says more about me than the stuff. Definitely for the young’ uns.

Could we have a City thermal range to protect from those icy blasts that sweep over the Dolman?

2 hours ago, Selred said:

I still don't believe that fans should have to pay £30 for a Bristol City t-shirt. That's extremely expensive in my opinion and prices out a lot of fans. 

Horrendous is also subjective, that "Bristol" inspired drumstick-esque shirt in my opinion is horrendous. 

They don’t have to pay £30, no one is forced to buy anything.  If can cost £30 to watch a game for 90 minutes, so a T Shirt you can get years of wear out of is pretty reasonable to me

21 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

They don’t have to pay £30, no one is forced to buy anything.  If can cost £30 to watch a game for 90 minutes, so a T Shirt you can get years of wear out of is pretty reasonable to me

I think it would be nice if the prices were more reasonable, and we saw more people wearing City wear. Football is getting so expensive, it shouldn't be £30 for a game in the first place.

The pricing seems about right to me, but each to their own. Everybody has views on pricing, and that’s fine. 

The collection itself looks quirky and smart, but you won’t find many middle aged blokes wearing it!

I think the price in on par with what some people pay for band/concert merchandise. But if you consider, along with shirts, these are for warming up or playing sport in,and the wear and tear that might involve, they are on the expensive side. 

Nice, not bad for leisure but quite pricy if you want a few items. At this price I might personally buy one item. Take £5 or £10 off and I would buy two, and end up spending more so the club would gain. 

Archived