IGNORED

City release Adult Lifestyle Collection

AshtonYate

5 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

It's what the world is waiting/crying out for - more garish nylon to be bought and squeezed into/worn and sweated profusely in by over weight beer swilling men, then washed after every use on a hot cycle. I bet Forest Green Vegans don't do this.

We’re not all overweight beer swilling men…?

*not all vegans are healthy

8 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Compared to....Primark? 

£30 for a tee, £40 for a polo and £65 for a hoodie is pretty standard these days, isn't it? Even for your not exactly high end fashion brands like Ralph Lauren, Hilfiger, Lacoste etc, you'd be looking at double those prices. 

As long as the quality is decent, and effort has clearly gone into some of the designs, then I'd say the pricing is reasonable. 

Those anthem jackets look very nice. 

Those were the days.

Once kids come along it's Primark all the way!

9 hours ago, Selred said:

I still don't believe that fans should have to pay £30 for a Bristol City t-shirt. That's extremely expensive in my opinion and prices out a lot of fans. 

Horrendous is also subjective, that "Bristol" inspired drumstick-esque shirt in my opinion is horrendous. 

They don't have to, purchase is optional, not mandatory. 

The prices seem in line with many other leisure wear / fashion brands.

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Compared to....Primark? 

£30 for a tee, £40 for a polo and £65 for a hoodie is pretty standard these days, isn't it? Even for your not exactly high end fashion brands like Ralph Lauren, Hilfiger, Lacoste etc, you'd be looking at double those prices. 

As long as the quality is decent, and effort has clearly gone into some of the designs, then I'd say the pricing is reasonable. 

Grey polo shirts with black collar look ok but not so sure about the jackets though :laugh:.

2 hours ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

They don't have to, purchase is optional, not mandatory. 

The prices seem in line with many other leisure wear / fashion brands.

No they don't. But I'd like to see more affordable clothing and see lots of City fans wearing the merchandise. 

It's a white t shirt with the pattern on. It's Bristol City, not Coco Channel so doesn't need the cost. 

12 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I read "adult lifestyle" and expected something completely different.....

Norwich City is leading the way on that front!

A PR disaster’: Premier League club Norwich left red-faced after fans spot new shirt sponsors’ adult content and sexual innuendos

https://www.rt.com/sport/525924-norwich-city-shirt-sponsor-betting-bk8/

15 hours ago, Selred said:

Yes indeed. White easily the most produced worldwide. 100% non shrink cotton with easy iron, which probably means it's not quite 100% costs about 50p to produce in qty.

The stamping of the design will be done probably in one pass and add about another £50p. 

Packaging, shipping, distribution about £2.

Bangladesh about the cheapest sweat shops now. And Hummel do work with Bangladesh amongst others.

I wonder how much they charge City even after the allowance for Hummel label.

City should have stuck with their own label but done it far better and halved the prices. That would have been the morally correct thing to do and as I have said in the past there will be an optimal price calculation that can fairly easily be done where marginal cost = optimal price and price elasticity of demand (PED) / PED + 1.

Far better explained here:-

https://www.omnicalculator.com/finance/optimal-price.

These sort of equations I am certain are not used in the football world but they are, as a general rule, in the clothing world.

It is almost about a rather ignorant "flog it for the highest price possible based on everybody else's general prices" . But this is totally blind other than previous years numbers which simply tells them an unscientific figure. Bothering to calculate correctly, I am certain, would substantially lower the unit RRP, increase sales and hugely improve gross profit.

Oh well . As you were. ???️. Back to me golf for $10 a round wearing a $5 polo.

The bright coloured one set me back £40, whilst some people say that's steep I'm not so put off mainly because a good quality t-shirt in my size tends to set me back £20.

I really like some of the stuff Hummel have made.

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Yes indeed. White easily the most produced worldwide. 100% non shrink cotton with easy iron, which probably means it's not quite 100% costs about 50p to produce in qty.

The stamping of the design will be done probably in one pass and add about another £50p. 

Packaging, shipping, distribution about £2.

Bangladesh about the cheapest sweat shops now. And Hummel do work with Bangladesh amongst others.

I wonder how much they charge City even after the allowance for Hummel label.

City should have stuck with their own label but done it far better and halved the prices. That would have been the morally correct thing to do and as I have said in the past there will be an optimal price calculation that can fairly easily be done where marginal cost = optimal price and price elasticity of demand (PED) / PED + 1.

Far better explained here:-

https://www.omnicalculator.com/finance/optimal-price.

These sort of equations I am certain are not used in the football world but they are, as a general rule, in the clothing world.

It is almost about a rather ignorant "flog it for the highest price possible based on everybody else's general prices" . But this is totally blind other than previous years numbers which simply tells them an unscientific figure. Bothering to calculate correctly, I am certain, would substantially lower the unit RRP, increase sales and hugely improve gross profit.

Oh well . As you were. ???️. Back to me golf for $10 a round wearing a $5 polo.

The Bristol print would be more exclusive though, surely? That wouldn’t be banged out of a Bangladeshi sweat shop would it?

1 hour ago, Rich_s said:

“City release adult lifestyle collection”

After reading the title of this thread I was half expecting a box set of nipple clamps, gimp masks and other such erotic paraphernalia.

You're not alone....in true City fashion - what an anti-climax!!!!

I think I’ve bought something from the wrong club. Ordered the away training top yesterday as I thought it would be handy to do decorating in, as no need to wash it afterwards. Today I get a confirmation of despatch email. Was expecting to receive it around October?

I quite like the stuff in the video.  I'm not going to buy any of it. 

Which is my choice.

However, my two boys (11 & 13) both like the tops.  Which is the age range I would imagine it is likely to sell to the most.

Could be cheaper I'm sure.  But I'd rather they were wearing something half decent with City on it.  
Rather than the same PL shirt dross every other kids seems to wear.

I think the design and the quality (from the look of the video) looks decent.

As I (kinda) work in the fashion sector, yes there is a big mark up on those prices.  But thats the way the industry works for various reasons.

21 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

It's what the world is waiting/crying out for - more garish nylon to be bought and squeezed into/worn and sweated profusely in by over weight beer swilling men, then washed after every use on a hot cycle. I bet Forest Green Vegans don't do this.

I'm not gonna lie. I'm an overweight beer-swilling man the red City vest is a bit tight and definitely makes my nipples extremely prominent. Ace design though so I'm just going to focus on the quick delivery and the lucky, lucky people who get to see me wearing it...

17 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm not gonna lie. I'm an overweight beer-swilling man the red City vest is a bit tight and definitely makes my nipples extremely prominent. Ace design though so I'm just going to focus on the quick delivery and the lucky, lucky people who get to see me wearing it...

Gotta be a better look than the purple City shirt my lad bought for me, being short and let's say round, the kids in our neighbourhood thought I was a frickin Ribena berry

On 07/06/2021 at 09:37, Kid in the Riot said:

Compared to....Primark? 

Sorry mate £30 for a tee shirt is right out of order who evers so called fashion name you want to stick on it . Primark is expensive enough . 

Clothes are stupidly over priced at the best of times without taking advantage of your supporters

On 07/06/2021 at 10:19, Bristol Rob said:

Not sure about being 'priced out' for a lot of people thirty quid is a few hours in a pub with the Doris at a tenner a round, or a splash-and-dash visit to a petrol station.

For those who wouldn't ordinarily spend that sort of money on a t-shirt, it probably dies seem pricey, for those who likely spend double that, it looks like fair value.

Why even if you had the money would any one want to spend double £30 quid on a tee shirt .that's £60 quid on a tee shirt. no just no 

On 07/06/2021 at 10:10, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair enough, each to their own.

Though wait until you find out how much the litany of kids down at AG pay for their Stone Island, CP Company and Canada Goose jackets, and Dsquared baseball caps.

Prefer to pay good money for a nice CP COMPANY item than some of the awful offerings that City have put out there in the past and ahem present. 

The lairy hummel T shirt is OK for the gym and at £30 I think it's well priced.

I'm a bit shocked by people thinking you can pick up a branded item without paying the going rate, or are some of you comparing prices with pikey primark????

Buy cheap buy twice!

22 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Why even if you had the money would any one want to spend double £30 quid on a tee shirt .that's £60 quid on a tee shirt. no just no 

To look good maybe.

I like looking sharp and I will pay the money to do so, no harm in that, it's nice to treat yourself, good for self confidence. Equally I wouldn't judge someone if they choose not to spend their money in that way.

2 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

To look good maybe.

I like looking sharp and I will pay the money to do so, no harm in that, it's nice to treat yourself, good for self confidence. Equally I wouldn't judge someone if they choose not to spend their money in that way.

Ok point taken . But I just do not see it . What's the difference other than the crazy price increase and some body making a bigger profit cause it got a name on it . Profiteering at its worse but common place . I suppose. Primark and charity shops for me 

4 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Ok point taken . But I just do not see it . What's the difference other than the crazy price increase and some body making a bigger profit cause it got a name on it . Profiteering at its worse but common place . I suppose. Primark and charity shops for me 

I'd never knock charity shops, I love a good dig for records mostly, however I've unearthed some lovely vintage stone Island marina pieces on my treks.

My guilty pleasure is https://www.oipolloi.com/ love this shop.

Just now, YorkshireSection said:

I'd never knock charity shops, I love a good dig for records mostly, however I've unearthed some lovely vintage stone Island marina pieces on my treks.

My guilty pleasure is https://www.oipolloi.com/ love this shop.

But if it a designer label in the charity shop  I will not even buy it at knock down price from new. Wiil not and do not do designer fashion clothes.

Call me weird I have one suit for all posh occasions and that's it other than comfy clothes . I never dress to impress cause I not give one what other people think 

24 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Prefer to pay good money for a nice CP COMPANY item than some of the awful offerings that City have put out there in the past and ahem present. 

The lairy hummel T shirt is OK for the gym and at £30 I think it's well priced.

I'm a bit shocked by people thinking you can pick up a branded item without paying the going rate, or are some of you comparing prices with pikey primark????

Buy cheap buy twice!

Why buy cheap but twice?

It cheap last what ever time it last and get new one 

Archived