IGNORED

Surgery for Semenyo

Jerseybean

Surely this is wrong? Isn't he supposed to have 6 months rehabilitation, then be "back on the grass" , then be expected back in 2 weeks (every 2 weeks), then after the next international break, then break down again, have 2 scans (in Solihull), then more rehabilitation, etc. and only then surgery?

During which all our procedures are "kept under review" and found to be spot on of course.

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Surely this is wrong? Isn't he supposed to have 6 months rehabilitation, then be "back on the grass" , then be expected back in 2 weeks (every 2 weeks), then after the next international break, then break down again, have 2 scans (in Solihull), then more rehabilitation, etc. and only then surgery?

During which all our procedures are "kept under review" and found to be spot on of course.

Don’t give away spoilers. All that is still to come!

57 minutes ago, chinapig said:

From 3 weeks out, to seeing him in the 2023 season. 

10 hours ago, chinapig said:

doctor who spoilers GIF

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Is it a hamstring issue by any chance 

It would seem you jumped straight in without actually taking the time to establish the facts.

This may help:  

Semenyo went under the knife last month due to a lingering meniscus problem.

The 21-year-old has been on crutches and was pictured on Instagram with heavy strapping on the right knee.

The menisci are pads of cartilage in each knee and act as a shock absorber but surgery to fix a tear has become common in football and recovery time is often 4-6 weeks.

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It would seem you jumped straight in without actually taking the time to establish the facts.

This may help:  

The 21-year-old has been on crutches and was pictured on Instagram with heavy strapping on the right knee.

The menisci are pads of cartilage in each knee and act as a shock absorber but surgery to fix a tear has become common in football and recovery time is often 4-6 weeks.

Cheers Phil, my comment was with heavy slice of sarcasm due to the number of hamstring issues at the club last year.

But is surely good news as I am sure we would if seen lots of interest in taking him from the gate. And I would hope we can get a good season or two from him on his rise to stardom 

21 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

This may help:  

Sure.

But I reckon his hamstring is probably buggered too mind.

1 hour ago, Out of his pie crust said:

If it offers some comfort, I too had a meniscus problem some years ago and surgery did wonders for it. I was still absolutely sh*** at football post op however

You were a fox in the box.

Archived