IGNORED

Your First Match and Who Took You

Rich

As per the title.

I've been coming to Ashton Gate since January 1967 (Halifax Town FA Cup replay), though I know attended a few games in 1966, just can't remember them. It's been virtually unbroken bar the odd games since about 1968. Don't get to many away games as there are always other demands on my time.

There are friends and family who've been going for the same time and some even longer. I also see lots of people at the ground that I recognise from those early years and they've obviously been going for just as long. I doubt it's possible to find out if the club have this sort of information, maybe supporters groups that carry out surveys might. 

I am fed up of hearing the methane sniffers constantly going on about how loyal they are and how disloyal we as a fan base are, it's utter bullshyte. They're probably confused by the fact that we as supporters hold the club/management/owners to task if things aren't going well. Where as they put up with years of rubbish and must fear being called unloyal, or a shyte head if they dare to complain, while their club exploit that so called loyalty, with constant promises of better times.

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

As per the title.

I've been coming to Ashton Gate since January 1967 (Halifax Town FA Cup replay), though I know attended a few games in 1966, just can't remember them. It's been virtually unbroken bar the odd games since about 1968. Don't get to many away games as there are always other demands on my time.

There are friends and family who've been going for the same time and some even longer. I also see lots of people at the ground that I recognise from those early years and they've obviously been going for just as long. I doubt it's possible to find out if the club have this sort of information, maybe supporters groups that carry out surveys might. 

I am fed up of hearing the methane sniffers constantly going on about how loyal they are and how disloyal we as a fan base are, it's utter bullshyte. They're probably confused by the fact that we as supporters hold the club/management/owners to task if things aren't going well. Where as they put up with years of rubbish and must fear being called unloyal, or a shyte head if they dare to complain, while their club exploit that so called loyalty, with constant promises of better times.

One month after you for me Rich - the next round of the cup vs Southampton in Feb 1967.

16 minutes ago, Rich said:

As per the title.

Same as you rich 67-68 season for me and every season since home and away through thick and thin mostly thin ????

23 minutes ago, Rich said:

As per the title.

1968 ?

My brother had a red & white scarf, so that pointed me in the right direction.

At secondary school, most of my year were City fans. That decided me; February 1969 stood on the Open End in pouring rain to watch City beat PNE 2-1.

For years after that I insisted on standing on the Open End regardless of weather. 1973 I was one of the few there to see Cashley's clearance from the East End beat the oppo keeper. 

19 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

First game was Wembly in 86 v Bolton. I was 9. 

Almost the same for me. Same age, that was my second game.

Went to what i think was a pre season game, that same season. Struggling with the oppenent though. Possibly Bath City.

The memories fade.

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

My first two games gave me an unrealistic expectation of Bristol City and football in general...

10/4/90 City 4-1 Crewe

16/4/90 City 5-1 Fulham

Tell me about it Fordy!

My first season was 1976-7. My dad would drop me and my younger brothers at the schoolboy enclosure and go round at meet his mates in the open end. I was 10 and responsible for getting us all safely to our rendezvous point after the game. I loved the atmosphere and watching the best players in England try and sometimes fail to beat our boys. I thought it would always be like that.

How times have changed.

i cant remember the year but was when i was living with grandparents so 69,70 ish. evening match stood on a beer crate in the open end on the corner of the williams overlooking invalid  carriages with my grandfather, playing chelsea with chris garland in blue. ( i think)

Mid sixties? I remember running around on the demolished stand where the Dolman was going to be built and sheltering under the Hospital broadcast box in the Open End. 

Skirton, Parr, Rooks, Gibbo, Bush, Sharp etc. All players with guts and determination who seemed to give 100%, must have been the fags at half time?

Dad first took me in 1955 at 7 years of age. Regular on the railings at Crackers Corner. At 12 years old started playing regularly on Saturday afternoons so only made games when we  weren't playing or evening games. Played until I was 54 then joined my 2 season ticket holding brothers. So have held a ST for the past 19 years.

April 1981. 3-1 win against Orient. I was 7 years old and sat at the top of the Dolman with my dad. I still vividly remember the smell of the ground. I was hooked straight away and didn’t care one bit that we were slipping down the leagues  

I just missed out on watching City in the top flight. Typical. 

Archived