IGNORED

Your First Match and Who Took You

Rich

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

What a good player he was.  I played with him at Brislington, can only imagine how good he must’ve been in his pomp.  Very funny bloke too.

Yeah he was a good player in his day. Worked with my Grandad on the roofs later on in life. 

15 hours ago, Street red said:

First game home to Aldershot 25th October 1988 in the east end The old age of ten 33 years of supporting city.

Was that an FA cup replay? 

My Dad always said was the best game he ever saw because his mate couldn’t make it

Steve Claridge played for them as a youngster 

edit 25th October probably a bit early for fa cup 

2 hours ago, fatchers said:

My 1st game Grimsby 4-0   2nd game Oldham 2-0  promotion game 1965 . I was taken with my friend and his dad to the game. We walked from Knowle down Novers hill, to winterstoke rd to the game and walked back up after. Hooked for life. 

The Oldham game was my first, I begged our dad to take me down and I've been a "glory hunter" ever since !?

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Was that an FA cup replay? 

My Dad always said was the best game he ever saw because his mate couldn’t make it

Steve Claridge played for them as a youngster 

edit 25th October probably a bit early for fa cup 

It was a division 3 game finished 1-1 Think the cup games where played in the December looking back we played Aldershot 3 times in that one month.

Going to look back at my programs from that season.

1955 for me. Can't  remember the first opponents though. The family used to go to City one week and Rovers the next. We could walk to Ashton Gate from Knowle but Rovers were a bus or 2 away. Dad couldn't afford the bus fare for us all for Rovers so I only got taken to City games. Thanks dad, my hero.

2016 is the year I moved to Bristol from my home country Bulgaria. Fun fact my first live game was actually the Gas vs Villa preseason friendly at the Tent. I was hoping to see my fellow countryman Stilyan Petrov for the first time in action since he beat cancer. Di Matteo didn't even put him on the teamsheet, I was disappointed. 

56 minutes ago, Olympian said:

My penis length is limited here. I don't actually support Bristol City. I just keep coming here for some reason. I guess it amuses me and I have obviously nothing against City.

Skane is an anagram of snake so I guess you are being modest! Love Malmo been many times....

For my tuppence  67/68

3 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Around 1963/64 aged around 5.  

Not sure who City were playing in those early games, but my most significant early memory was being at John Atyeo’s last game in May 1966.

Pretty much the same for me, and that game lives long in the memory.  Do you also remember the testimonial against Leeds United the following season, with the Jules Rimet trophy carried round the ground?

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Skane is an anagram of snake so I guess you are being modest! Love Malmo been many times....

For my tuppence  67/68

I'm sure you meant no harm by this comment, but malmö is a place I want to cleanse. You saying you like Sweden because of malmö is a bit like you talk to an Israeli and you say you love visiting Israel because of how many bombs you planted in Jerusalem's shopping centres. I literally don't know what to say.

2 minutes ago, Olympian said:

I'm sure you meant no harm by this comment, but malmö is a place I want to cleanse. You saying you like Sweden because of malmö is a bit like you talk to an Israeli and you say you love visiting Israel because of how many bombs you planted in Jerusalem's shopping centres. I literally don't know what to say.

Hopefully this is just your grasp of English waning here and nothing more sinister.  ‘Cleansing’ somewhere doesn’t translate at all well….. 

16 minutes ago, Olympian said:

I didn't say, I like Sweden because of Malmo, you did! I made an anagram about Skane/snake and a positive comment about Malmo. 

I don't know what to say about your response! But I have just put you on ignore!

Mid seventies. I was 6 or 7. Don’t remember much. Dad took me as we were in Bristol visiting family while on leave. Based in Germany. Hardly missed  a game home or away from 82 till late nineties. Still love the buzz but don’t get to nowhere near as many games as I would like ?

My first game was The. Gordon Parr testimonial match in 1972 v Chelsea. 
So by end of next season it will be 50 years for my sins. 
Lots of ups and downs during that time. 
My dad has been a supporter since 1949 since 1972 we have been going together he gave up coming at end 19/20 season due to ill health but always looks at the results and wants a full blown report phone call after the match 

Unfortunately I can not call myself a supporter ( as someone said that to me on this forum ) . I am just a "fan" . A pretty long-serving based on my age. Autum 2006 was the start. I was paying sometimes for the BCFC Player back then, if that can be called a "supporting" action. 

Archived