IGNORED

Your First Match and Who Took You

Rich

Aug 1992 City v Sunderland.

I gave my mate @Buster Footman's T shirt a call and he said he was going to the match and did I want to go?

That was the beginning of almost 30 years of supporting including time as a season ticket holder when time and money allowed.

I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly and the journey continues.

CTiD.

Hi All - I’m a long time reader of the forum but never posted so this great thread seemed the best place to start. 

March 1975 aged 6 for me at home vs Millwall, won 2-1 - think Keith Fear scored both but might have been just the one. 

Went with my Dad who I badgered to take me after he came back from the previous home game against Oldham and I found the programme in his pocket ?

Can still remember the feeling when I saw the pitch for the first time and don’t know about you guys but I still get that feeling now when entering the grounds - never goes away. 

Anyway, glad I’ve made my first post - might not wait so long to make my next one ?

COYR

My 1st game was with my grandad to watch Patchway in the late 50's possibly 1960. I was only a 12 yr old nipper then but was taken to see my dads beloved Rovers shortly afterwards, that scarred me for life.

Living in Oz I haven't had many chances but did see City v Liverpool, City when Nicky Maynard played his 1st game & the last I saw was against Di Canios Swinedon.

A lot of catching to do do.

City v Rovers FA Cup 1968 .Taken by my Dad 

It was a boring 0-0 draw ,well boring to everyone else I loved every minute of it .Just being at a packed AG when you are 9 and its your first game how could that ever be boring ?

We won the replay 2-1 btw 

My best friend at school was French. Her brother was a lot older than her and had part ownership of a French restaurant on Whiteladies Road. All the City players and management used to eat there quite a lot. My friend hated football but knew I liked it and she got tickets through her brother. My parents wouldn’t let me go to a match on my own, my Dad used to go occasionally but didn’t want to take me, football wasn’t for girls.

But I did go, I went to several First Division matches and other matches over a couple of seasons. My friend persuaded a chef (and friend) to go with me, he loved football too. He was about 21 and the big brother I never had.

Trouble is he hardly spoke a word of English!!! *THAT* was my first experience of Bristol City ?

Archived