IGNORED

Fans at Wembley games required to show proof of vaccination or negative test before entry

McNasty Filth

Copy pasted from BBC

Fans attending England's Euro 2020 group games at Wembley Stadium will be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative test before entry.

Uefa says UK-based ticket holders aged 11 or over can show proof of full vaccination, with both doses received at least 14 days before the match.

Those not fully vaccinated must show proof of a negative lateral flow test taken within the previous 48 hours.

England play Croatia in their opening group game on Sunday.

Ticket holders for matches taking place at Hampden Park will not be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test.

Fans who live in England attending games at Wembley can show their vaccination status via the NHS app.

Uefa says its "main priority" is to deliver a safe tournament, and is "working with the local governments and health authorities to ensure measures adhere to the public health guidance of the host country".

• Admin
23 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Bit of p**s take in terms of timing imo. If you've already bought a ticket, changing the T&C's 5 days before the game is a bit much for me!

How have they changed? 

These guidelines have been in place for weeks 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve got to do it for the Test Match on Saturday too. Standard. It’s not difficult. You just use one of the home test kits. 

What do you do then, take the little plastic pregnancy test thing and whip it out at the turnstiles?

I'll be at the rugby, must check if I need to do it for that!

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

What do you do then, take the little plastic pregnancy test thing and whip it out at the turnstiles?

I'll be at the rugby, must check if I need to do it for that!

No, you upload the result to the NHS website by using the serial number on the test tray thingy. Then they text and email you to confirm that you’re negative. Which is all a little bizarre given that you can choose if you’re positive or negative!

You then show the email/text to the turnstiles. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

No, you upload the result to the NHS website by using the serial number on the test tray thingy. Then they text and email you to confirm that you’re negative. Which is all a little bizarre given that you can choose if you’re positive or negative!

That makes more sense! Not exactly a fullproof process but better than nowt.

22 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It loads the responsibility onto the individual. 

If you falsely report it, you are the problem.  The one thing Johnson's Government is consistent on are their attempts to shift responsibility onto us.  They will then attempt to demonise a particular group should there be a surge in cases.  

Divide and Rule.

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

It loads the responsibility onto the individual. 

If you falsely report it, you are the problem.  The one thing Johnson's Government is consistent on are their attempts to shift responsibility onto us.  They will then attempt to demonise a particular group should there be a surge in cases.  

Divide and Rule.

Exactly.

Spoiler alert: they'll still let you in even if you haven't done a test. 

What bullshit, if you've had vaccine all well and good but if you haven't because too young thats because the government deems you not much at risk anyway, then there is BLM bollocks, corrupt UEFA and FIFA, next world cup in a non drinking non culture human rights abusing country, enjoyed Russia but at the end of the day that was also a corrupt tournament, been a member of England Fans last 15 years, been to 90% of games in that time home and away, won't be renewing, attending England has become more of a chore over the years, international football is dead while these clowns are in charge.

11 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Bit of p**s take in terms of timing imo. If you've already bought a ticket, changing the T&C's 5 days before the game is a bit much for me!

Why? It’s hardly the end of the world. You can get a test done at a testing site in 5 minutes just walk in.

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Exactly.

Spoiler alert: they'll still let you in even if you haven't done a test. 

Having been to Wembley for the FA cup you’re wrong, they check for the test results before you even get up the steps and reach the turnstiles

6 hours ago, NickJ said:

What bullshit, if you've had vaccine all well and good but if you haven't because too young thats because the government deems you not much at risk anyway, then there is BLM bollocks, corrupt UEFA and FIFA, next world cup in a non drinking non culture human rights abusing country, enjoyed Russia but at the end of the day that was also a corrupt tournament, been a member of England Fans last 15 years, been to 90% of games in that time home and away, won't be renewing, attending England has become more of a chore over the years, international football is dead while these clowns are in charge.

Great, thanks for sharing.

For those of us who don’t see getting a test as anything more than the 5-10 minute inconvenience that it is, we’ll carry on.

Going on Sunday and have just logged into NHS app as I am double jabbed and don’t need to test. But what a flippin experience! Honestly never experienced anything quite like it. I was broadly coping ( numerous codes and security and uploading photo of I’d page of passport etc) until you had to upload a video of yourself reciting a four digit number code texted to your moby. Extrodinary rigmarole. And this is not the end. On Friday UEFA release the ‘sharing platform’ whereby you have to link your vaccine info. Basically a COVID passport with bells. Meanwhile my designated entry time slot on Sunday is 11am - for a 2pm ok. And you apparently have to stay in your seat and not wander around. And the bars are shut. And you can’t take anything in. And Kate Kinsella ( my local weather presenter) says it’s going to be 26 degrees. I’ve followed England to Japan, South Africa and Russia, but this may well be the longest day.

13 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

My understanding was the lateral flow tests are the ones carried out at pharmacies (& other testing centres), they take up to a couple of hours to process and notify you of the outcome by text and email if you want. You have to have taken it within 48 hours of the game (therefore if you have 3 x tickets, the liklihood is, you'll have to book 3 x tests) and take trust out of the equation.

I don't think it's unreasonable, I was also lucky enough to get to the cup final - these tests were specified and as @MarcusX said, you couldn't even get up to the turnstiles unless you had a negative test.

My wife does a lateral flow test twice a week- she’s a teacher. It’s all done at home, fairly straightforward and, frankly, highly vulnerable to fraud, as you self report- ie you tell the system it was negative and the NHS immediately sends you an email telling you that you are negative. Setting up the account first time takes about 30 mins and each test takes about 45 mins, as you have to leave it for 30 mins to confirm- you obviously don’t have to sit and watch it! Pretty easy altogether but if your new to it I wouldn’t leave everything to the last minute. Set it up well in advance and do one to get used to it.

Archived