IGNORED

Fixtures out 9am 24th June

CyderInACan

On 09/06/2021 at 11:55, TBW said:

Don't get the excitement of fixture release. 23 teams, twice each. Doesn't matter when.

Doh!  I think it does........dependent on work, holidays and Xmas n' New Year fixtures dictates to me which matches I can get to,  and when i am able to attend.  Plus my favourite away games and fixtures, and when they take place.   Sorry it doesn't matter in your world?  ?  

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Damn it - no Boxing day home game. Always good to get away from the in-laws and blow the hangover away. 

Luton away - excellent, nice and close to me (Bucks)

Sorry, bit selfish, but yay!

And if Wycombe come back up and Derby down - doubly Yay!

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Newly promoted teams can be a pain in the Arsenal to play against. They are full of confidence having been used to winning in the division below and often play out of their skins before tailing off when they’re burnt out...

I see what you did you did there Major - or is your subconscious permanently locked into August 1976 and that glorious first away game as a newly promoted team?! ?????

After such a complicated season, I think that our target should simply be avoiding injuries and not being involved in a relegation battle: something better would be a pleasing bonus. 

Anyway, tough start of the season for us; the end of March and April will be even harder,with WBA, Blades and Cherries together, but hopefully we'll be already safe. ☺

25 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Dunno but it tends to be pretty quick, I'd say within a week or so.

Yes my memory was thinking within a couple of days for the first lot. 
I’ve  a vague memory of thinking the first announcement covering the first 6 weeks was it, booked a train or plane, can’t remember which, then Sky announced a further half dozen including the match I’d booked for.

One of the many times Sky have cost me money as I try and get the best deals on transport by booking early.

13 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Do we think City v swans match might get pushed to early Sunday kick off due to police reasons? 
Or is that less likely now that probably fan numbers / travelling numbers will be Lower?

I don't think anything can be known until the Gov decides what happens next. Things could open up, or it may be delayed. There may be no away fans or fully open. No one knows yet, though with 60,000 reported to set for the Euro semis I think it may lead to a decent amount of away fans. It's just wait and see, they haven't really been consistent with rules so far.

Bristol City away is a perfect opening game for Blackpool on current form but hopefully with fans in the stadium it will be a completely different vibe and we start the season positively. One thing that I have liked about the last few seasons is that we have done pretty well at getting points on the board early (for me this is quite important as it can impact your season a fair bit if you get off to a poor start). Looks to me to be a tricky first 5 games before playing a few upper mid table teams so I am looking to be competitive in the first 10 games rather than for us to get off to a flyer.

Archived