IGNORED

No knee

pillred

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Quite agree.   I was called a ‘melt’ by one of your crew the other day when I dare to challenge them. 

Whose crew? 

I have asked you who you were referring to when you stated the same old posters were supporting racist attitudes.

Its taken you a week not to answer. 

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

Whose crew? 

I have asked you who you were referring to when you stated the same old posters were supporting racist attitudes.

Not answering the point then? Figures.  

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Whose crew? 

did you? Where was that then. Please quote. 

Just now, lenred said:

Not answering the point then? Figures.  

I cant answer a post if I am not part of the crew? Which crew? The one supporting racist attitudes? Which crew is this?  Who are these posters?  Evidently I support ethnic nationalism. Nobody will explain why? Is that one of your crew who put it out there? 

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

I cant answer a post if I am not part of the crew? Which crew? The one supporting racist attitudes? Which crew is this?  Who are these posters?  Evidently I support ethnic nationalism. Nobody will explain why? Is that one of your crew who put it out there? 

Deflection yet again. Tying up arguments yet again.  Figures. Answer the points or don’t bother.    

8 minutes ago, lenred said:

did you? Where was that then. Please quote. 

image.thumb.png.0d95e1b360d7c569af1bbad693048ee0.png

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Deflection yet again. Tying up arguments yet again.  Figures. Answer the points or don’t bother.    

No its not deflection. In the very first line of your post you stated "your crew". To answer your post I have to ask what crew I am part of.  One supporting racism? One that is far right? Or one that is something else? 

9 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

image.thumb.png.0d95e1b360d7c569af1bbad693048ee0.png

No its not deflection. In the very first line of your post you stated "your crew". To answer your post I have to ask what crew I am part of.  One supporting racism? One that is far right? Or one that is something else? 

I asked you to reference where you asked me who I was referring to.  (Clue. You didn’t.). Again you are just deflecting.  

Why don’t you try answering my post about the name calling you were so forthright about?  

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Hungarians are all racists then judging by their booing against Ireland on Tuesday night ?

It's a big problem in Hungary, yes.

Hungary's slow descent into xenophobia, racism and human rights abuses - InfoMigrants is a good read on the issue. Light on the 'crying laughing emojis' though, you'll just have to try and look past that.

16 hours ago, spudski said:

' Taking the Knee'...

Seriously. Do people just sit there watching the mainstream media and let it wash over them like this is normal.

Has a come to a point where no one thinks for themselves anymore, and literally absorb like a sponge everything they are fed by the media...and then react accordingly.

Take away media, TV, forums, internet...all forms of technology and news outside of your actual daily lives...would anyone actually be aware or so opinionated?

Is anyone in a daily battle of feeling so down and life can't go on that it matters? In your actual daily life?

Is anyone so down and feeling anxious and worried...more so than the kids that flung themselves out of landing craft to be slaughtered for our freedom, all for this shit now.

To a point where media and a minority with a big voice have absolutely fecked up kids heads as to what is right and wrong.

Where kids will take down the Queen's portrait because of colonism. A fecked up cancel culture woke state that won't stop.

Unfortunately people and older with experience are giving in to it 

They'll be the first to moan when it goes truly Pete tong.

Taking the fricking knee...like that's become a sentence that's become normal in society. Wtf... seriously get a grip.

Any racism is wrong. 

We don't need footballers taking the knee because some wokes told them to.

Reminds me of 1937 when the England team played Germany and gave the salute to the Nazis because they were told to do it by the ' authorities' so as not to stir.

That went down well ?

The bit in bold is where I am really getting fed up of the morality police in this country getting permanently outraged and telling everyone what to think all the time.

I have, unsurprisingly, never been into an Oxford University common room but it strikes me as eminently sensible that the students can have the art they want, and not have the art that they do not want. They live in a free country so of course they can. If they don't want a portrait of the Queen, they can not have a portrait of the Queen. To any sensible person, the response to that is "so what? The artwork in a room I'm never going to go in has no impact on me whatsoever".

Unfortunately the morality police who like to tell everyone what to think appear not to be sensible and appear to feel it is their right to whine and get outraged about a piece of artwork being removed from a room they are not going to go in. Yet again, the permanently offended - who get offended by people dancing on talent shows, songs not being sung  at the Proms or footballers kneeling down - find another reason to get offended and impose their morality on everyone else.

I seriously wonder how anyone who gets upset when a painting of the Queen gets removed from a room they are not going to go in has the robustness to cope with the challenges of daily life. I also wonder if they're going to start to tell me what art I am and am not allowed in my lounge too. They certainly don't support freedom of choice.

Perhaps you are right that we don't need footballers to take the knee. But we also don't need them to not take the knee just because some people who get unfathomably upset and outraged about everything get unfathomably upset and outraged about a footballers have a knee on the grass.

I am sick of the self-appointed morality police thinking they can dictate what everyone else does all the time. If someone wants to take down a portrait of the Queen from a private space, they can take down that portrait. If a footballer wants to take the knee, they can take the knee. In both cases - whether I agree or disagree - it is utterly irrelevant as it has no impact on my life. People need to stop whining, stop getting offended and stop trying to dictate how everyone else lives their life. 

26 minutes ago, lenred said:

I asked you to reference where you asked me who I was referring to.  (Clue. You didn’t.). Again you are just deflecting.  

There is no deflection. I am answering your words. Your allegations. Your assertions. Yes I have asked you who you were referring to when you stated people were supporting racism. I am again asking similar. Who are the posters supporting racism? Whose crew am I supposed be part of? A hooligan crew? A racist crew? Rowers? Scaffolders? What?

3 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Who has said that everyone who boos is a racist?

Stop making things up.

I noticed that you liked an article with the headline... 'Booing the knee? This is the moment to take back football from the racists?

https://medium.com/mosquito-ridge/booing-the-knee-this-is-the-moment-to-take-back-football-from-the-racists-8b5cb5cb281a

And to quote the article...

The glory of it is that with every pint you drink, and every cheer you give to Southgate and his team, you are pissing off Tories, boneheads, tabloid journalists and fascists for free.

So now you see why the narrative that this is nothing political isn't gaining much traction? At least the person writing the article was being honest about the underlying reasons for the supporting of footballers taking the knee.

2 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

I noticed that you liked an article with the headline... 'Booing the knee? This is the moment to take back football from the racists?

https://medium.com/mosquito-ridge/booing-the-knee-this-is-the-moment-to-take-back-football-from-the-racists-8b5cb5cb281a

And to quote the article...

So now you see why the narrative that this is nothing political isn't gaining much traction? At least the person writing the article was being honest about the underlying reasons for the supporting of footballers taking the knee.

Are we policing posts that people like now? You seriously bothered to check back things I had left a like on, just to make a bizarre point?

Still, the players, the manager, the FA and Kick it Out have all said the players are not doing it out of politics. But one article, not written by anybody involved with England, proves that wrong?

But if you want to play silly games like this, then logically (this is your logic, not mine btw) if taking the knee is political just because of perception or associations, then  it is perfectly acceptable to call all the people booing racist*. You can't have it both ways.

*for the hard of thinking out there, this isn't my argument, this is the logical conclusion of the "BLM Marxist" style argument.

7 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Are we policing posts that people like now? You seriously bothered to check back things I had left a like on, just to make a bizarre point?

Still, the players, the manager, the FA and Kick it Out have all said the players are not doing it out of politics. But one article, not written by anybody involved with England, proves that wrong?

But if you want to play silly games like this, then logically (this is your logic, not mine btw) if taking the knee is political just because of perception or associations, then  it is perfectly acceptable to call all the people booing racist*. You can't have it both ways.

*for the hard of thinking out there, this isn't my argument, this is the logical conclusion of the "BLM Marxist" style argument.

It is pretty obvious you think anyone who boos is automatically a racist.

Anyway, good on Hungary

34 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

There is no deflection. I am answering your words. Your allegations. Your assertions. Yes I have asked you who you were referring to when you stated people were supporting racism. I am again asking similar. Who are the posters supporting racism? Whose crew am I supposed be part of? A hooligan crew? A racist crew? Rowers? Scaffolders? What?

Re ‘your crew’ I am referring to the person who called me a ‘melt’ for challenging his negative views on anti racism stances and to which you merrily waded in (who’s funny I asked - ‘you’ you wrote’ back - completely out of the blue when I was debating someone else entirely)   There are many others defending that same position (anti anti racism gestures) as this and other threads show. You being one of them. Hence the term ‘crew’. Don’t get too hung up on it. Could have been ‘group’, ‘collective’, ‘side’ etc. It’s not important.  

What is more important than a term is your massive spiel about how poster abuse from our ‘crew, side, collective’ (those people that are defending the right to show solidarity to fellow humans who suffer needlessly from racism) is prevalent in the debate. You were then challenged with factual quotes to the contrary and again decided to deflect and ignore, with some lies thrown in about a fictional quote you apparently made for good measure.  

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Re ‘your crew’ I am referring to the person who called me a ‘melt’ for challenging his negative views on anti racism stances and to which you merrily waded in (who’s funny I asked - ‘you’ you wrote’ back - completely out of the blue when I was debating someone else entirely)   There are many others defending that same position (anti anti racism gestures) as this and other threads show. You being one of them. Hence the term ‘crew’. Don’t get too hung up on it. Could have been ‘group’, ‘collective’, ‘side’ etc. It’s not important.  

What is more important than a term is your massive spiel about how poster abuse from our ‘crew, side, collective’ (those people that are defending the right to show solidarity to fellow humans who suffer needlessly from racism). You were then challenged with factual quotes to the contrary and again decided to deflect and ignore, with some lies thrown in about a fictional quote you apparently made for good measure.  

What a melt

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Quite agree.   I was called a ‘melt’ by one of your crew the other day when I dare to challenge them

That was me who called you a melt and you didn’t challenge me you wouldn’t answer my question which was

why do people boo the knee and not boo when players gather together and hold up a kick it out flag

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

That was me who called you a melt and you didn’t challenge me you wouldn’t answer my question which was

why do people boo the knee and not boo when players gather together and hold up a kick it out flag

Did I not? Must’ve been dreaming this then……

DDCAC6E3-9FD5-4FBB-8654-A8E956C962C7.jpeg.3448763b83c9c7f468b64f39c1de1a76.jpeg

2 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

I can't understand why people get so annoyed about it to be honest. I literally don't care if players do it or not. 

It also just seems very controproductive to be booing players who you are meant to be supporting taking the knee.  

Classic England isn't it?! We've got a great generation of players and a real chance of success so let's ruin the atmosphere and distract the players by booing them! And then pretend we support them!

4 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

If that's what you want to call it then yes but only because it contradicts your previous post and one of your central arguments that taking the knee is nothing to do with politics. (promise I'm not stalking you ?)

You can try and muddle things by bringing up the England squads intent but the article makes things clear that there is an underlying agenda behind this that runs deeper than a mere anti-racism gesture from footballers. Think what you like about if booing is racist or not but I have a problem with people saying that this has nothing to do with politics, on that point I believe you are being completely dishonest (against overwhelming evidence) because to say otherwise is to invalidate your argument. By liking the post I think its obvious that you see how the right are using this moment to their advantage but yet you are in complete denial about the political left's involvement in this, for me that's what's really bizarre!

14 hours ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

This has been done to death & is beyond boring now.

Would be nice if the admins just barred this nonsense because it detracts from the proper football chat which is what real fans are truly interested in - you know, who's signing who, who we gonna buy/sell and so on.

Those with agendas & activism on their minds just might want to go & rock-up on the politics forum so the real football side can flourish properly.

Just a thought.

Well, that's exactly what was (and is) happening until another thread was started on the matter.

Archived