IGNORED

No knee

pillred

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

So a paywall article on the Torygraph and not the BBC? Ok. 

This is the last thing I will say on this, I don't read the Telegraph I read it on the BBC sport website late last night I had no idea Brentford had stopped taking the knee in Feb and assume they had made their position clear as to next season hence why the BBC had reported as such.

39 minutes ago, pillred said:

This is the last thing I will say on this, I don't read the Telegraph I read it on the BBC sport website late last night I had no idea Brentford had stopped taking the knee in Feb and assume they had made their position clear as to next season hence why the BBC had reported as such.

You are obviously free to say or not say what you want but I’m just really bored of people not backing up sweeping statements in the taking the knee debate as well as other areas.

Being reported in a small story on the Telegraph paywall web site (8 million monthly views) that it ‘may happen’ is extremely different to it being reported that ‘Brentford have stated they are not taking the knee next season’ on the BBC website (1.5 billion monthly views). 

It may be on there but it’s not as far as I can see and I’ve tried various searches.

You thought it important enough to start a new thread on it, so Im not sure why it irks you being asked questions on it, but there you go, no offence meant.  

Enjoy your evening. 

' Taking the Knee'...

Seriously. Do people just sit there watching the mainstream media and let it wash over them like this is normal.

Has a come to a point where no one thinks for themselves anymore, and literally absorb like a sponge everything they are fed by the media...and then react accordingly.

Take away media, TV, forums, internet...all forms of technology and news outside of your actual daily lives...would anyone actually be aware or so opinionated?

Is anyone in a daily battle of feeling so down and life can't go on that it matters? In your actual daily life?

Is anyone so down and feeling anxious and worried...more so than the kids that flung themselves out of landing craft to be slaughtered for our freedom, all for this shit now.

To a point where media and a minority with a big voice have absolutely fecked up kids heads as to what is right and wrong.

Where kids will take down the Queen's portrait because of colonism. A fecked up cancel culture woke state that won't stop.

Unfortunately people and older with experience are giving in to it 

They'll be the first to moan when it goes truly Pete tong.

Taking the fricking knee...like that's become a sentence that's become normal in society. Wtf... seriously get a grip.

Any racism is wrong. 

We don't need footballers taking the knee because some wokes told them to.

Reminds me of 1937 when the England team played Germany and gave the salute to the Nazis because they were told to do it by the ' authorities' so as not to stir.

That went down well ?

14 minutes ago, spudski said:

' Taking the Knee'...

Seriously. Do people just sit there watching the mainstream media and let it wash over them like this is normal.

Has a come to a point where no one thinks for themselves anymore, and literally absorb like a sponge everything they are fed by the media...and then react accordingly.

Take away media, TV, forums, internet...all forms of technology and news outside of your actual daily lives...would anyone actually be aware or so opinionated?

Is anyone in a daily battle of feeling so down and life can't go on that it matters? In your actual daily life?

Is anyone so down and feeling anxious and worried...more so than the kids that flung themselves out of landing craft to be slaughtered for our freedom, all for this shit now.

To a point where media and a minority with a big voice have absolutely fecked up kids heads as to what is right and wrong.

Where kids will take down the Queen's portrait because of colonism. A fecked up cancel culture woke state that won't stop.

Taking the fricking knee...like that's become a sentence that's become normal in society. Wtf... seriously get a grip.

Any racism is wrong. 

Reminds me of 1937 when the England team played Germany and gave the salute to the Nazis because they were told to do it by the ' authorities' so as not to stir.

That went down well ?

Why is it that any discussion like this always resorts in comparisons to the war and then the nazis. 

Id suggest yes, there probably are people experiencing racism away from the tv and media that feel down about this. Just because they didn’t have to rock up on a beach in Normandy doesn’t mean they aren’t entitled so feel anxiety or worry ffs

we've got some weird fetish culture about the war, it’s so odd.

As for the Queens portrait, which has absolutely zero to do with this thread, some students voted to take down a picture that was put up by different students a few years ago, big deal.

Just now, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

You're actually conflating actual racism and appeasement with an act of defiance to stop it. 

Unbelievable.

Chuck in woke and it's like far right bingo. 

If makes people uncomfortable then taking the knee is doing exactly as intended. 

No it doesn't.

When you have public, individuals, clubs, countries all against it, it becomes divisive.

Find a common ground where everyone will support the narrative.

The narrative is for equality. We all want equality. Every person wants that. 

No one wants to be told what to do or support a political group, that has now been watered down to an 'action'...people can see through it.

If a different solution was found to support awareness, where it didn't have a political beginning...would you support that?

I think we all would.

So don't think anyone who is against it, is racist, because it just makes you look like a complete tosser.

8 hours ago, Furious Custard said:

I want more kneeling, up it to the start of each half. Until the authorities and social media companies start taking real action at eliminating racism in mainstream media.

Yes, and something stronger than 2000 euro fines for clubs when players are abused in their stadiums. 

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

No it doesn't.

When you have public, individuals, clubs, countries all against it, it becomes divisive.

Find a common ground where everyone will support the narrative.

The narrative is for equality. We all want equality. Every person wants that. 

No one wants to be told what to do or support a political group, that has now been watered down to an 'action'...people can see through it.

If a different solution was found to support awareness, where it didn't have a political beginning...would you support that?

I think we all would.

So don't think anyone who is against it, is racist, because it just makes you look like a complete tosser.

It’s very very very clear that there are many in this country that don’t and to pretend otherwise is just absolute pie in the sky. 

This has been done to death & is beyond boring now.

Would be nice if the admins just barred this nonsense because it detracts from the proper football chat which is what real fans are truly interested in - you know, who's signing who, who we gonna buy/sell and so on.

Those with agendas & activism on their minds just might want to go & rock-up on the politics forum so the real football side can flourish properly.

Just a thought.

20 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Divisive? 

You mean like telling repressed and abused people how the should behave in 'polite' society because it makes people think? 

In other words it's only division because its not nice neat and controlled by abusers. 

So yeah, keep throwing the names out there because people are making a stand against abuse and make you feel uncomfortable. 

Protest starts from a number of things, it doesn't play nicely because it stops others being racist. 

Least these threads expose those who claim to want equality, but actually want those people protesting against racism to go away because it challenges the utter rot they try and trot out as a discussion. 

Sorry love, but you can protest against oppression because the oppressors would rather you didnt shows how ingrained this. 

They don't have to change, you do. 

It's not that difficult either. 

You still haven't answered my question and skirted around every point I made to get your delusional point across...read what I've said. How you come to the conclusion that makes me or others uncomfortable is pure nonsense.

Read what I've said...just because it disagrees with your narrative or the BLMs it doesn't make us racist or uncomfortable. We are just not wanting to be associated with a political movement, regardless of how certain people change the narrative.

It is divisive...because all the aforementioned wouldn't be standing against it.

My suggestion is to find a solution to bring the message across that everyone agrees with. To make everyone equal with no political leanings. Make it neautral.

The fact you continue to ignore  people want equality and to get rid of racism, and you continually beat the drum regardless, just shows you up for what you are. Someone who supports a movement and not the message.

You 'love' are a complete tool and fraud with a misguided thought process, that continues to ignore other people's reasoning, even though their reasoning backs the message of making all equal.

Trot on with your political leanings and see the bigger picture.

We can all see your stance and you just look like an idiot banging a political drum.

You have no interest in equality and getting rid of racism...your stance is purely political. It's sickening...you should be ashamed of yourself. 

26 minutes ago, spudski said:

You have no interest in equality and getting rid of racism...your stance is purely political.

Just a few posts up you were talking about the Queen's portrait, comparing anti-racism to the Nazis and complaining about "woke" culture. It's a bit rich to now accuse others of being purely political.

As for Brentford, they've not taken the knee for months. It's their choice, just as it's the choice of others to do it.

36 minutes ago, spudski said:

You still haven't answered my question and skirted around every point I made to get your delusional point across...read what I've said. How you come to the conclusion that makes me or others uncomfortable is pure nonsense.

Read what I've said...just because it disagrees with your narrative or the BLMs it doesn't make us racist or uncomfortable. We are just not wanting to be associated with a political movement, regardless of how certain people change the narrative.

It is divisive...because all the aforementioned wouldn't be standing against it.

My suggestion is to find a solution to bring the message across that everyone agrees with. To make everyone equal with no political leanings. Make it neautral.

The fact you continue to ignore  people want equality and to get rid of racism, and you continually beat the drum regardless, just shows you up for what you are. Someone who supports a movement and not the message.

You 'love' are a complete tool and fraud with a misguided thought process, that continues to ignore other people's reasoning, even though their reasoning backs the message of making all equal.

We can all see your stance and you just look like an idiot banging a political drum.

You have no interest in equality and getting rid of racism...your stance is purely political. It's sickening...you should be ashamed of yourself. 

Blimey ???

5 hours ago, spudski said:

' Taking the Knee'...

Any racism is wrong. 

That went down well ?

The action is not issue dude...

...and the action is not relevant other than that is caused attention to the issue....

...and this issue IS important.

The issue is we live in a world where black people don’t get the same treatment as white people... that’s not up for debate. Is fact and there are many stats out there that will back this up. Go search them and learn for yourselves.

we all need to understand and call out unacceptable behaviour 

3 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Yeah but in this snowflake country The noisy minority seem to get their way

The noisy minority will hopefully get support from the majority so the mintority get treated the same as the majority.

put yourself in a black mans shoes and tell me you’d be happy being prejudiced against.

2 hours ago, spudski said:

In that other thread this poster accuses people of legitimising hate and when challenged he has not articulated what he (?) means  Other posters have accused people with views they do not agree with of supporting racists, supporting ethnic nationalists and insulted a poster with a mixed race family who did not follow the pro taking the knee politics. 

The consistent insulting and maligning is to delegitimise others and their views. Its not about equality. It is elitism. Arrogance. It is the intolerance of the tolerant

10 hours ago, pillred said:

That was probably what the BBC were reporting on, I definitely saw an article late last night that said they would be the first premier league club not to take it (the knee) glad I'm not going mad.

BBC are masters at censorship now remember; perhaps it went up and then came down again!

6 hours ago, Cowshed said:

In that other thread this poster accuses people of legitimising hate and when challenged he has not articulated what he (?) means  Other posters have accused people with views they do not agree with of supporting racists, supporting ethnic nationalists and insulted a poster with a mixed race family who did not follow the pro taking the knee politics. 

The consistent insulting and maligning is to delegitimise others and their views. Its not about equality. It is elitism. Arrogance. It is the intolerance of the tolerant

That's a very inaccurate overview of the other thread. I'd suggest anyone to go and actually read that thread before you believe a word of this. 

We seem to always end up in this upside-down world where apparently those who are booing a group of young players of different races fighting for equality are the tolerant ones. Those who point out the logical fallicies in this action are intolerant. 

It is NOT elitism ask people to justify their arguments. It is not elitism to expect people to substantiate their claims. When you take a position that you cannot coherently justify or make claims you cannot substantiate, THAT is why you are treated with ridicule. 

9 hours ago, spudski said:

Are we STILL on the 'it's political' argument. 

When the players taking the knee, and the managers, and the pfa, and the fa have all consistently put out the message for over a year that it is not political. Yet a certain group of people persist with saying it is repeatedly. Why is this? What is the need to keep up this falsehood. If the footballers aren't doing it for the political reasons you think, then what's the problem? 

As you can see from this thread, no one has a problem with Brentford not taking the knee. It's their choice. Yet some have a real problem with those who still choose to take it. 

13 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Well, that's frankly a very bizarre post to wake up to. 

1.) I'm not beholden to your post, i Dont have to respond in a way you deem fit or 'worthy' 

The attitude does quite clearly identify that some how your post feels that it is very important and thus requires a response to your level. 

Alas, being controlled and boundaries are important, so you'll just have to get by on the response given and not what you're post demands. 

2.) I've read what you've said, and within your response you've again shows quite clearly how uncomfortable this makes you. 

3.) I'm nationally nominated for the second year in a row for an award because Ive helped people be equal  who are subject to inequality and hate. 

This kills your fraud and tool argument, stone dead in the water. 

I think the technical term there is whoops.

3.) 'solution that everyone agrees with' invites those who oppress black people to the table to decide how they should be 'allowed' to protest their inequality. 

You wouldn't involve a perp in a refuge for dv, so why on earth do you think that oppressors get any say whatsoever in how the oppressed should  be allowed to voice that, is beyond me.

Seems very much that you've forgotten slavery was a thing and now you want to rekindle that power and control dynamic, which is batshit. 

4.)Your posts personal barbs are indicating clearly you're own problems with this. I'm sorry that change is difficult and that you feel the need to continue to lash out when something makes you uncomfortable. 

Everyone stops racism, starts treating other humans as equals and you wont have that problem any more. 

Toodles

Your post really doesn't understand what inequality is does it. perhaps do some further reading or talk to those in those minorities to find out why they're so 'noisy' 

Just a thought. 

Wowsers, what an amazingly misplaced post. Chuck in some misgendering, conflation with another poster, to make up a convulted narrative and then claim arrogance and elitism, because your previous discourse has been ripped to shreds by countless others is certainly interesting. 

No one should tolerate hate. Those who suffer from hate dont need to justify why and how they stand up to (in this case kneel) because other people dont like being reminded of it. 

There's no arrogance and elitism there, just oppressed people standing up for themselves, highlighting inequality and not wanting to be hated in this case because of the colour of their skin. 

As per Spudski, you and others dont get to decide how those being oppressed used their voice. They do as it is yheir voice to use. 

It appears that your head is so far up your own arse with importance, that you now have become more important than the issues we are talking about .

You are the same as the politicians that skirt around questions and subjects, and only give an answer that promotes their agenda. Often an answer that has no relevance to the subject or question asked.

You carry in beating your own drum. 

No one will take you seriously, as it's obviously all about you and your agenda. 

You label others as uncomfortable or racist because they don't agree with you. How dare you. 

What makes me uncomfortable are people like you. Control freaks who only have one agenda...themselves. Your way or the highway, not open to reasonable debate, and when asked about being open to a solution that would make everyone supportive and less decisive...you skirt it and won't answer...

It's apparent you have an agenda that's politically led, and it would suit you personally in a beneficial way.

Busted. Game over sweetheart.

Can't be arsed debating with such a self righteous tool.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

What makes me uncomfortable are people like you. Control freaks who only have one agenda...themselves. Your way or the highway, not open to reasonable debate, and when asked about being open to a solution that would make everyone supportive and less decisive

At the top of this page you compared taking the knee to Nazi salutes....

You are never going to find something that makes everybody supportive. It's just not possible to please everybody.

The simple question here is should footballers be free to decide whether they take the knee (or any other anti-racism gesture) or not?

On one side we have people who say it should be up to the footballers. England shouldn't be booed for doing it, Brentford shouldn't be booed for not doing it.

On the other side we have people who say it shouldn't happen at all. Who boo their own team for doing it. Who make up (or even worse actually believe) that it's all a Marxist agenda.

It appears there is only one side in this debate who are control freaks that are not open to reasonable debate.

26 minutes ago, NorthBris_Southstand said:

Are we STILL on the 'it's political' argument. 

When the players taking the knee, and the managers, and the pfa, and the fa have all consistently put out the message for over a year that it is not political. Yet a certain group of people persist with saying it is repeatedly. Why is this? What is the need to keep up this falsehood. If the footballers aren't doing it for the political reasons you think, then what's the problem? 

As you can see from this thread, no one has a problem with Brentford not taking the knee. It's their choice. Yet some have a real problem with those who still choose to take it. 

I don't think for one second that the players are doing it for political reasons. Of course they're not Marxist - they've probably never even heard of him. I think the point is that the gesture itself is seen as political because of its close associations with the protests and violence that we saw last year. 

36 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I don't think for one second that the players are doing it for political reasons. Of course they're not Marxist - they've probably never even heard of him. I think the point is that the gesture itself is seen as political because of its close associations with the protests and violence that we saw last year. 

I think the issue is that the idea of the gesture being political is being used, propagated and persisted with by one group of people only (the people that want taking the knee to stop everywhere/are booing it). To me, the reasons of those taking the action are the ones that should be listened to, not the suppositions of others outside.

Ostensibly, looking at the arguments if we give both sides the benefit of the doubt, the footballers who are taking the knee and those who are booing the knee or want it to stop, they both say that they want racial injustices to stop. So if we take it as a given they want the same thing... What rankles is that the group who want it to stop actively, want to interfere with the players free choice and their chosen method of taking the knee as their anti-racism message. It's this kind of 'protest against racism our way, or don't do it at all!' attitude that I personally think is wrong.

2 hours ago, NorthBris_Southstand said:

That's a very inaccurate overview of the other thread. I'd suggest anyone to go and actually read that thread before you believe a word of this. 

We seem to always end up in this upside-down world where apparently those who are booing a group of young players of different races fighting for equality are the tolerant ones. Those who point out the logical fallicies in this action are intolerant. 

It is NOT elitism ask people to justify their arguments. It is not elitism to expect people to substantiate their claims. When you take a position that you cannot coherently justify or make claims you cannot substantiate, THAT is why you are treated with ridicule. 

No its not an inaccurate view of what are the threads. What I posted was also factual. Posters are abused with regularity.

There is a consistent theme of name calling and insulting. That is a theme of communication. Insulting as a means of communication is a form of exerting authority, a power play, a means of delegitimising the views of others, it displays elitism because the abuser has assumed the position of being the arbiter of what is right and wrong. That is intolerant. 

Spudski in his post was suggesting moderation, finding middle ground etc. A very different thing to the above.  

1 hour ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Wowsers, what an amazingly misplaced post. Chuck in some misgendering,

I have not misgendered anybody. I do not know your sex. The rest of your post followed the same disingenuous theme.

14 minutes ago, NorthBris_Southstand said:

? like booing people taking the knee you mean?

Your post could be an improvement on the labelling of people who boo the taking of the knee, those who disagree with the contentious kneeling but don't support booing, and those who feel moderation and dialogue is superior as racists, fascists, nazis and the far right. 

5 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Your post could be an improvement on the labelling of people who boo the taking of the knee, those who disagree with the contentious kneeling but don't support booing, and those who feel moderation and dialogue is superior as racists, fascists, nazis and the far right. 

26 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Spudski in his post was suggesting moderation,

You don't like people being labelled as Nazis. But you also thought Spudski was suggesting moderation. Even though he compared taking the knee to a Nazi salute? 

21 hours ago, pillred said:

It was posted last night as them being the first premier league club to refuse to take the knee that is why I asked the question do you think they will be alone in doing so? that was all and very few topics on here are ever truly original that's all I was saying the fact the "knee" topic is tucked away on the bottom of page 2 means me and a fair few others probably missed it.

'Refuse? They're not refusing to take the knee. They're deciding not to. Because they have a choice, which is fine. 

21 hours ago, pillred said:

Yes I wouldn't be surprised either, it sometimes just takes one team brave enough to say no more for others to follow.

Brave? They can do what they want. I doubt they will get booed like the people who do take the knee.

15 hours ago, spudski said:

' Taking the Knee'...

Any racism is wrong. 

That went down well ?

Nobody is telling you to do anything. People are free to choose. And they do. And they sometimes get booed for it.

What is dangerous is this myth that you're spreading that people are being forced to do something they don't want to. There's no evidence of that. Two things have been overtly criticised by the woke mainstream media 1. The constant racist abuse that minorities in football are suffering, especially online, and 2. The booing of a peaceful gesture of solidarity that players are choosing to take. 

What were the repercussions when Kalas chose not to take the knee? None. He wasn't booed. He wasn't vilified by the woke mainstream media. He just carried on as usual, rightly so.

Edit: I said Kalas wasn't booed- there weren't any fans anyway, but the point stands. He was fine.

18 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

No its not an inaccurate view of what are the threads. What I posted was also factual. Posters are abused with regularity.

There is a consistent theme of name calling and insulting. That is a theme of communication. Insulting as a means of communication is a form of exerting authority, a power play, a means of delegitimising the views of others, it displays elitism because the abuser has assumed the position of being the arbiter of what is right and wrong. That is intolerant. 

Spudski in his post was suggesting moderation, finding middle ground etc. A very different thing to the above.  

I have not misgendered anybody. I do not know your sex. The rest of your post followed the same disingenuous theme.

Quite agree.   I was called a ‘melt’ by one of your crew the other day when I dare to challenge them. And a very quick look on this very thread throws up the following.  

Game over sweetheart’.

‘Can't be arsed debating with such a self righteous tool’

‘Control freaks’

‘head is so far up your own arse with importance’

‘You 'love' are a complete tool and fraud’

‘idiot banging a political drum’

‘makes you look like a complete tosser’ 

Wonder which ‘side’ was doing the name calling?! (Clue - it wasn’t those defending the right to take the knee). 

Archived