Jump to content
IGNORED

No knee


pillred
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Jim Davey said:

and thats my fault for being white is it .

Literally not what white privilege means. It simply means you don't have to put up with all that on top of living your normal life. It's not a blame game, it is just acknowledging that having all those things against you makes life harder and its a privilege not to have to deal with that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Literally not what white privilege means. It simply means you don't have to put up with all that on top of living your normal life. It's not a blame game, it is just acknowledging that having all those things against you makes life harder and its a privilege not to have to deal with that. 

Define normal life.

I've been wrongfully arrested, I've been stopped and searched, I didn't get a quality education and left school with no GCSE's C or above, I grew up up in a single parent home. White privilege must have had a day off when I was born.

I'm not asking for sympathy I just wish we would stop drawing these lines across ethnicity and draw them between the haves and the haves a lot so we have an equal opportunity of success based on the value you as an individual can return to the world. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Define normal life.

I've been wrongfully arrested, I've been stopped and searched, I didn't get a quality education and left school with no GCSE's C or above, I grew up up in a single parent home. White privilege must have had a day off when I was born.

I'm not asking for sympathy I just wish we would stop drawing these lines across ethnicity and draw them between the haves and the haves a lot so we have an equal opportunity of success based on the value you as an individual can return to the world. 

Again, it's not a blame game, and it's not a case of no white person ever having a tough life and no one in BAME groups ever having a privileged start in life. It is simply a statistical fact that if you are white you are less likely to have to deal with the issue in my previous post, or at least deal with less of them. It doesn't mean you haven't worked hard or earned you position in life. It doesn't mean you haven't fought against adversity to get where you are. It is not an attack on you. It doesn't mean that the wider issue shouldn't be dealt with, but it would be ridiculous to ignore the inequality. 

If we put it into football terms - lets say of the 68 league goals we conceded last season over half of them were from headers. We would still want to deal with the issue of conceding so many goals, but we'd probably focus a lot of our resources and time on what biggest issue within that was. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I found a similar article about the same artifact here https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/18/raab-betrays-his-ignorance-of-the-origin-and-meaning-of-taking-a-knee

The quote below, from the article I found, suggests that this is a slightly strange and unnecessary additional argument for FA to run with? I don't think they need to justify the act any further by trying to give it historical legitimacy...when that seems like a tenuous, or perhaps at best tangential link?

"However, the image [of a kneeling black man] was a far cry from the defiant gesture today. The academic and novelist David Dabydeen described it as “docile and supplicatory (reflecting nothing of the frequent fierce rebellions by enslaved people in the New World plantations)”.

Neither the image of [Martin Luther] King nor the slave provided the inspiration for Kaepernick, however. It is often forgotten that his initial protest was to remain seated for the national anthem, mirroring a 1996 protest by the NBA basketball player Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, who took the same action citing US tyranny."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Pezo said:

Define normal life.

I've been wrongfully arrested, I've been stopped and searched, I didn't get a quality education and left school with no GCSE's C or above, I grew up up in a single parent home. White privilege must have had a day off when I was born.

I'm not asking for sympathy I just wish we would stop drawing these lines across ethnicity and draw them between the haves and the haves a lot so we have an equal opportunity of success based on the value you as an individual can return to the world. 

Just to pick up on your sad story reminds me of a prevalence of white 'left behind' families particularly in the rust belt of the US. There has been a supporting pathway to bring ethnic minorities out of poverty through improved educational provision, re-training and re-housing; this has been underway for many years in the states. Things may have changed in the last few years for the poor largely white communities, not least by bringing manufacturing back which has been quite successful in some states. However, by and large the support is not there in the same proportion that it is for ethnic minorities.

This is why I abhor the largely politicised BLM movement to the detriment of the majority who are genuinely given no help at all. Help has to be calibrated, currently it is not although you would think its the ethnic minorities who get no help. 34 of the 37 organised riots in the US, and I said this before, took place in Federal Reserve towns and cities and all of them in a main or near main street. These were paid agent provocateurs gathering the local minority communities to riot and burn the businesses to the ground. The very businesses that were shuttered by a crippling lock down and then wiped out by fire, looting and destruction. A night of paid debauchery clearing the land for the wealthiest to come in and snap up those plots for 25 cents on the dollar. This is what has been happening in the US.

I thought Gareth got the tone just right in his pre-match interview today; Take the knee if you want and disagree with it if you want. We all want the same thing. Fairness... but nobody is getting it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

What was the reason for booing the Croatian anthem then?

 

15 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

England fans boo every anthem Just a bunch of ignorant w##k##s

Was at the game today and whilst the booing for the knee-taking was clearly audible, I genuinely didn’t hear any significant booing of the Croatian anthem. But having read from other sources that it happened, I can only conclude it was a few idiots whose booing was picked up by the microphones. No excuses for them. 
 

As for booing ‘every anthem’, respectfully I’d have to disagree with that. Perhaps in the past, but it’s much less common nowadays (and didn’t happen for either of the two games in Middlesbrough, for example). Although I suspect it’ll happen again on Friday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Just to pick up on your sad story reminds me of a prevalence of white 'left behind' families particularly in the rust belt of the US. There has been a supporting pathway to bring ethnic minorities out of poverty through improved educational provision, re-training and re-housing; this has been underway for many years in the states. Things may have changed in the last few years for the poor largely white communities, not least by bringing manufacturing back which has been quite successful in some states. However, by and large the support is not there in the same proportion that it is for ethnic minorities.

This is why I abhor the largely politicised BLM movement to the detriment of the majority who are genuinely given no help at all. Help has to be calibrated, currently it is not although you would think its the ethnic minorities who get no help. 34 of the 37 organised riots in the US, and I said this before, took place in Federal Reserve towns and cities and all of them in a main or near main street. These were paid agent provocateurs gathering the local minority communities to riot and burn the businesses to the ground. The very businesses that were shuttered by a crippling lock down and then wiped out by fire, looting and destruction. A night of paid debauchery clearing the land for the wealthiest to come in and snap up those plots for 25 cents on the dollar. This is what has been happening in the US.

I thought Gareth got the tone just right in his pre-match interview today; Take the knee if you want and disagree with it if you want. We all want the same thing. Fairness... but nobody is getting it.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a federal reserve town/city? You mean one with a federal reserve bank?

As there are only 12 banks with 24 branches in the entire US I believe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Excuse my ignorance but what is a federal reserve town/city? You mean one with a federal reserve bank?

As there are only 12 banks with 24 branches in the entire US I believe.

Federal Reserve Branches correct. They are very secretive about some but 37 is the learned count while the official number keeps changing. One of the reasons they are no doubt secretive is because what they do is actually illegal. Although that makes relatively little sense given that usually the 8 families that sit on the board really don't care what people think. They de facto control the money supply. I say de facto because they simply wait for their customers, the US Treasury for example, to request QE. The privilege of which is levied interest. But they also pump trillions into governments around the world thru their shadow companies such as the The World Bank and the IMF... This completes the enslavement of the entire world. Through this method they dictate govt policy everywhere. This is there is so much clamour for Bitcoin and the Blockchain to break the noose that has entrapped us all for over a century. El Salvador has just made bitcoin legal tender... And within 48 hours IMF has come out and said they are not best pleased.... Entirely predictable of course... If Betule hangs on they will not think twice of setting up an invasion on some pretext. It's a very interesting dynamic... Other countries may follow their lead. 

Sorry I digressed!!

Edited by havanatopia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...